Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Now, that would be quite a trip. Hey for all those who want a drink. Or need to get MILs drunk to get them to bathe?... Here ya go!
GF, now THAT is my kind of water cooler, we could always substitute some Skyy too!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
WHEW!!! What a day yesterday. First I was under the gun to finish the bath remodel as much as possible. I finished for the most part at 8 am this morning after working all night on it. I still have to hang the huge mirror over the sink, hang towel racks, TP holder, and hand my cabinet over the toilet. Then it is ready for pics.

I had an extremely rough night last night...all day I could not get on an application on facebook (Farm Town) or C-D.com. Then to top it all off, FIOS linked my yahoo account to my verizon account so I can no longer log onto yahoo. When I do...my verizon email account comes up. Imagine my horror when I logged on and ALL of my contacts were GONE, along with ALL my SAVED e-mails. I also had about 12 different folders with different items in them---GONE! I was extremely stressed over it along with getting my bathroom finished. Thank GOD for Barb (Dogmom)---I LOVE YOU GIRL! She talked me down out of my stress by listening to me vent and cyber cry on IM. I seriously needed one of Barb's xanax last night. I sent an urgent message to Verizon and now all my e-mails, contacts and folders are BACK!! So girls, I NOW realize I have a problem...

Hello, my name is Shelly and I am addicted to....CD.com, Farm Town and my PC. I welcome any and all interventions.

As for my private email....it is no longer yahoo.com it is @verizon.net So for those of you who have it...it is the same user id! If any of you who don't have it...DM me and I will give it to you if you want it. Just don't send me a bunch of jokes or forwards! I delete most of them because some of them can be imbedded with viruses.

So back to work tonight and tomorrow. I am looking forward to Friday morning--off for the week-end. I hope it doesn't rain here in Seattle (Yes, we are getting more rain than Seattle!) because I have tons of yard work to catch up on.

That's a great idea! So what are your plans once it sells? With the new grand baby coming, are you still planning on moving out of state?

Painter, glad to know I wasn't the only one experiencing problems logging on here. I thought they banned me for the "Leslie" pic! Speaking of Leslie, y'all didn't like him?!?!? He is a local celebrity in Austin! For those of you who visit me once I move, I will seek him out so you can "get y'all pictures made with Leslie!" There are even Leslie magnets that are sold in some of the stores!! He is no longer homeless...he bought the biggest storage shed Home Depot sells and talked a friend into letting him set up camp in her back yard...So the shed is now his home, along with electric and the last I heard, he has a flat screen TV in it!!

Oh, good luck gf--I hope you get it. I feel good about this because I think others will make full price offers on the reduced price, but you made a much higher offer based on the original price.

I speak Italian enough to get my point across. I used to be fluent in German, but I have left that go. If you don't use it, you lose it. I want to take Spanish lessons as well, since my plans are to move to central Texas. I understand a lot of it because of my Italian. They are very similar!

Wish you could have joined me for choco-tini's last night! Thank you so much for last night--you are a GREAT friend--love ya girl!

C'ma: how is you dd and dgd? Thanks for the recent reps!

NJ: I love the idea of drugging her tea and bathing her. Seriously! How much longer is she staying. You should have Mia or Noah say "Ewe, grandma you stink! You need to take a rub-a-dub!" Out of the mouths of babes!!
Hey Shel..glad you are up and among the living...glad it all worked out with Verizon, too....it was a rough night, you had a chocotini and I had milk. something wrong with that pic.

I really, really think all campers should think about that cruise with us in January. I have a feeling we would have the time of our lives! Come with us, come with us, come with us....that is my version of subliminall messaging!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Now, that would be quite a trip. Hey for all those who want a drink. Or need to get MILs drunk to get them to bathe?... Here ya go!

ROFL GF! Clinking my glass at ya!! omg. I am dying!

Quote:
NJ: I love Joy's idea of drugging her tea and bathing her. Seriously! How much longer is she staying? You should have Mia or Noah say "Ewe, grandma you stink! You need to take a rub-a-dub!" Out of the mouths of babes!!
OMG. TEX. I am laughing my arse off here!! THat is a fabulous idea................like youi said----out of the mouths of babes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Shel..glad you are up and among the living...glad it all worked out with Verizon, too....it was a rough night, you had a chocotini and I had milk. something wrong with that pic.

I really, really think all campers should think about that cruise with us in January. I have a feeling we would have the time of our lives! Come with us, come with us, come with us....that is my version of subliminall messaging!
\
Now you have ME thinking too Barb LOL>>>> It is my birthday month!!(Jan.) I will be the big 45! actually 6 months today!

Omg. We would seriously need depends...but C21 has a supply of them she gave me yesterday LOL!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
\
Now you have ME thinking too Barb LOL>>>> It is my birthday month!!(Jan.) I will be the big 45! actually 6 months today!

Omg. We would seriously need depends...but C21 has a supply of them she gave me yesterday LOL!
OMG!! We could celebrate your birthday on the cruise! My sister turns 60 next month so we are celebrating her birthday on the cruise since we live so far apart! PLEASE SAY YOU'LL COME WITH US!!! It would be so much fun!! If you want to bring the family--there are lots of activities for the kids! Check out Carnival Liberty and Jan 9th is the cruise. The Liberty is a NICE ship!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:53 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Default Had to share

My oldest grandson Just got his proofs for his senior pic and they have put him in an add at the HS for other to have a look see and buy their pics. He is # 4.Click image for larger version

Name:	seniorad.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	406.1 KB
ID:	46170

Just click on the pic and it will get bigger.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
WHEW!!! What a day yesterday. First I was under the gun to finish the bath remodel as much as possible. I finished for the most part at 8 am this morning after working all night on it. I still have to hang the huge mirror over the sink, hang towel racks, TP holder, and hand my cabinet over the toilet. Then it is ready for pics.

I had an extremely rough night last night...all day I could not get on an application on facebook (Farm Town) or C-D.com. Then to top it all off, FIOS linked my yahoo account to my verizon account so I can no longer log onto yahoo. When I do...my verizon email account comes up. Imagine my horror when I logged on and ALL of my contacts were GONE, along with ALL my SAVED e-mails. I also had about 12 different folders with different items in them---GONE! I was extremely stressed over it along with getting my bathroom finished. Thank GOD for Barb (Dogmom)---I LOVE YOU GIRL! She talked me down out of my stress by listening to me vent and cyber cry on IM. I seriously needed one of Barb's xanax last night. I sent an urgent message to Verizon and now all my e-mails, contacts and folders are BACK!! So girls, I NOW realize I have a problem...

Hello, my name is Shelly and I am addicted to....CD.com, Farm Town and my PC. I welcome any and all interventions.

As for my private email....it is no longer yahoo.com it is @verizon.net So for those of you who have it...it is the same user id! If any of you who don't have it...DM me and I will give it to you if you want it. Just don't send me a bunch of jokes or forwards! I delete most of them because some of them can be imbedded with viruses.

So back to work tonight and tomorrow. I am looking forward to Friday morning--off for the week-end. I hope it doesn't rain here in Seattle (Yes, we are getting more rain than Seattle!) because I have tons of yard work to catch up on.

That's a great idea! So what are your plans once it sells? With the new grand baby coming, are you still planning on moving out of state?

Painter, glad to know I wasn't the only one experiencing problems logging on here. I thought they banned me for the "Leslie" pic! Speaking of Leslie, y'all didn't like him?!?!? He is a local celebrity in Austin! For those of you who visit me once I move, I will seek him out so you can "get y'all pictures made with Leslie!" There are even Leslie magnets that are sold in some of the stores!! He is no longer homeless...he bought the biggest storage shed Home Depot sells and talked a friend into letting him set up camp in her back yard...So the shed is now his home, along with electric and the last I heard, he has a flat screen TV in it!!

NJ: I love Joy's idea of drugging her tea and bathing her. Seriously! How much longer is she staying? You should have Mia or Noah say "Ewe, grandma you stink! You need to take a rub-a-dub!" Out of the mouths of babes!!

Oh, good luck gf--I hope you get it. I feel good about this because I think others will make full price offers on the reduced price, but you made a much higher offer based on the original price.

I speak Italian enough to get my point across. I used to be fluent in German, but I have left that go. If you don't use it, you lose it. I want to take Spanish lessons as well, since my plans are to move to central Texas. I understand a lot of it because of my Italian. They are very similar!

Wish you could have joined me for choco-tini's last night! Thank you so much for last night--you are a GREAT friend--love ya girl!

C'ma: how is you dd and dgd? Thanks for the recent reps!

Sorry Texas that I couldn't help you yesterday but it seemed everyone had problems with Farm Town. I am not that computer savy as Barb is. My first responce is yell " Hey Gary". I really wish that I had the answers for you.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:05 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times
What a fresh faced young man Lorie...you should be so proud!

I saw where you said hey over in NJ's business card thread Barb...hi!

A little bit of craziness here and on RE for sure NJ that thing with your MIL sounds really trying! I take it you got free babysitting out of her for your anniversary?

C21 you must be very busy as hell with your teleporting today haven't heard hide nor hair of you.

Oh Tex and Dogma that crusie sounds so sweet!!!! I would love to go but don't know if we could swing it with all we've spent lately I have always wanted to go on one, but haven't made it yet. Perfect month to get out of the midwest too. I will be turning 47 (ugg) Feb 2010.

Dogma you were saying you could fit 4 people in a room, but when I did a google looks like their cheapest room is 2 twins that push into a king. That would be tight!!!! 2 campers on the floor in sleeping bags Anyhow that ship looks BEAUTIFUL...I envy you lucky peeps who are going. Tex, realistically how much do you think you will spend when it's all said and done?

Old 07-29-2009, 07:26 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Default Sob

So I just spent at least a fricken half hour answering everyone - and I mean everyone - long dang post and went to hit submit, then went 'oh god I forgot to copy, tried to hit copy' but too late. Lost it all.

I'm getting another beer 'cause I'm totally PO'd now and just too dang tired to rewrite EVERYTHING and it was good too. Dam# it

Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
What a fresh faced young man Lorie...you should be so proud!

I saw where you said hey over in NJ's business card thread Barb...hi!

A little bit of craziness here and on RE for sure NJ that thing with your MIL sounds really trying! I take it you got free babysitting out of her for your anniversary?

C21 you must be very busy as hell with your teleporting today haven't heard hide nor hair of you.

Oh Tex and Dogma that crusie sounds so sweet!!!! I would love to go but don't know if we could swing it with all we've spent lately I have always wanted to go on one, but haven't made it yet. Perfect month to get out of the midwest too. I will be turning 47 (ugg) Feb 2010.

Dogma you were saying you could fit 4 people in a room, but when I did a google looks like their cheapest room is 2 twins that push into a king. That would be tight!!!! 2 campers on the floor in sleeping bags Anyhow that ship looks BEAUTIFUL...I envy you lucky peeps who are going. Tex, realistically how much do you think you will spend when it's all said and done?

Thank you Gold*Dust he is a great young man. Always thinking of others and has been like that since he was a little boy. Yes I love him bunches but i love the other two in different ways. Ya know. I just can't believe he is a senior and his brother will be going into HS this year. Baby sister starts 3rd grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate