Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
he's gone.
OMG....Joy...I am so sorry. I am sobbing my eyes out for you right now. I don't know what to say. I wish I lived closer ...I would call off work and come spend time with you.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Hugs, Joy.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
I can't afford an attorney. I have no money. (All the money is in his separate account.) I'm not interested in a divorce and dh has said he won't ask for one. I've looked for a second job, but no one is hiring. And I could only work four hours a day, Monday through Friday, on days when my kids are in school (not sick days, holidays, teacher workdays, early release days, or doctor appointment days) and when I'm not sick, in a minimum-wage paying job. Most of what I'd make (probably less than $200 a week) would go to taxes and gas. I can't afford child care and there's no one to babysit them, which I couldn't afford anyway.

DH is paying the bills, as he said he would continue to do, and making sure we have what we need.

It's in God's hands and I'm taking things as they come. I'm hoping an opportunity will present itself for me to have the money I need for peace of mind, if nothing else. And, I know some might not understand this, but I'm trusting God to do what I cannot.

Tex,
Cute dogs.
Thanks Niki--he is my heart!

He wants you to get a job because then he will have to pay you less alimony! Keep that in mind! He is looking out for number 1...himself. PROTECT yourself.
God can do powerful things but you need to help yourself also.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Dear God Joy, I am so sorry. I didn't even want to go there...oh you poor thing. I am crying too now! . We are here for you Joy. Just remember you have many friends who truly care about you. We love you girl.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks Niki--he is my heart!

He wants you to get a job because then he will have to pay you less alimony! Keep that in mind! He is looking out for number 1...himself. PROTECT yourself.
God can do powerful things but you need to help yourself also.
Tex so true.

Niki- You have to listen. My ex had everything separate accts. I felt like his roommate---not his wife. I divorced him though and never once looked back. It was the right thing for me to do. He doesn't want to get a divorce because he probably has someone on the side *(NO OFFENSE, I hate to be blunt but) I just am looking in through a 3rd person's eyes....Warning bell right there not sharing when you are married and to just up and leave you and your children? Something isnt right with the man. Real men do not do that.
He doesn't want a divorce because he knows you would definitely want alimony for your children and you know something? that is selfish with a capital "S" on his part. I guarantee he may have something else going on. He may want the best of both worlds too--sounds like he is staying for financial reasons....so you would not demand child support or alimony.

I got alimony frm my ex and was going to school for my Bachelor's degree full time. We didn't have kids though but it isn't healthy to stay with someone who sounds like they just don't give a damn. THat would be a warning bell going off ...and I would never feel the same about that person again.....in my heart of hearts.... Just my opinion. I am sorry you are going through this but you need to think of your children.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Joy, love I have no words right now. Cannot fathom your pain.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:31 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Joy SO SO SORRY amiga I don't have good words to help with that pain either...just take care of yourself (*hugs*) and love!!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:57 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Default Joy

Joy you know how I feel. Hugs

Old 10-11-2009, 06:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
Thanks girls. And Niki we're all here for you, prayers for you and your precious children.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Joy, I'm so, so sad to hear that Albert is gone. He was lucky to have such a loving Mom, and I know you did everything you could to help him, but sometimes nothing will work, no matter how much it sucks, there is nothing that can be done. I'm very sad for you, because he was your four legged family member, and being so far away from your other human family, he filled in some of the empty spaces. I still laugh when I think about his funny antics, and the way he cared about you, and the way he was demanding like a little man. This is just so sad, and I wish I was there to help you toast a cerveza to Albert, for his wonderful, but way too short life with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate