Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Feel free Texas???? I do and come spring (if it comes) FSBO.

This is very icy snow and lots of black ice-hardly a car on our road.
I do feel free in an odd sort of way! I am looking forward to Spring...going to do some repairs on the outside with the help of my bil and then when that is done...will list as FSBO!

Lace, are you going to use FSBO.com? If so, what package were you thinking about? I am thinking about the silver package. Let me know what you think...

Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Off to Target with my mom..need to get a wedding gift for tonight, will probably end up with a gift card and a real pretty card and bag!

Check out my blog this morning, I am doing the Pink Saturday thing...I am so getting into blogging!
Dogmom Diva

later!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Off to Target with my mom..need to get a wedding gift for tonight, will probably end up with a gift card and a real pretty card and bag!

Check out my blog this morning, I am doing the Pink Saturday thing...I am so getting into blogging!
Dogmom Diva

later!
Have fun at the wedding!

I need to open up my blog and start working on it! I started it originally for my planned move to Austin. It's titled "My Austin Life"...which really makes no sense at all. Maybe I should rename it. I love reading your blog Barb!!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Tex-we live on a fairly busy street that goes to the lake (1 block) and were thinking of just an ad in the papers, sign on the highway and in front. Will check that out tho.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,048,591 times
You girls are too funny.

Goldy, is this who you saw at the shoe store? See, that's what you get for returning the same pair of boots 3 times LOL This guy/gal sounds more like a drag queen type, way he was prancing (there's actually a lot of transexuals who are hetro, married and their wives know). My son is gay, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him - for my nieces wedding and because my family are such freaks (plus I do have a warped sense of humor) I told DS he should dress in Chanel Couture and I'd dress in a Tux; needless to say we didn't, but we got a chuckle just out of thinking what my family would say. I'm the black sheep so they probably would have just said 'well, that's Joy for you" LOL
Moderator cut: image removed

Oh and Miss Goldy on vet visit that wasn't just the office' charge - that was for EVERYTHING, including the full exam, the 2 shots, the extra shot of pain medicine, 3 empty syringes for his antibiotics and lower dose pain meds I have to give him. $15 frickin dollars for ALL that - plus she is an 'expert' in street cats! So yeah, got an expert on my kind of cat and all the above for $15. Plus we can call her as much as we need to and no charge - in fact Naiky is calling her now about something.

Lace, know you're so not excited about snow. Like my pseudo used to tell me, 'there ain't nothing like a MN winter' - didn't even want to take him up on 'showing' me; colorado had enough for my taste. Stay warm girl. Believe me you ain't the only one wondering why up so early. I'll save that part for later. Don't want to start every frickin' thread about cats.

Sara, I'm still laughing about the name of that law firm! Can you imagine being the receptionist having to answer the phone On drag queens, seen some myself in my youth and I swear some of them were the best looking 'women' i'd ever seen. Amazing the number of hetro's that go to drag shows and gay bars, 'cause that was usually where the best dance music was.

Barb hope you're feeling better today and have fun at the wedding! Another excuse to be the best lookin' mama there - just don't outshine the bride!!!

Annie, how ya feeling this morning? Just sucks feeling bad Hope DH got home safe and the kidlets are good.

Shelly, sorry you missed your cue - i've been missing a lot of those. But Watson still a babe and you're a 'new mommy' so a lot of those.

So, update on Albert. He doesn't want to eat, just gave him his first dose of antibiotics via syringe albiet mixed it with too much water so it took three syringe fulls to get it in him and was maybe in him for 20-30 minutes then he threw it up. He doesn't seem like he's in pain and even though I'm supposed to give him in like 30 minutes or so his mild pain meds, not sure he'll keep that down either. Neither of has slept well, neither has eaten so I'm trying to find out if the vet is back from Boquete so I can just get the dang antiobiotics in syringe form cause then I KNOW it's staying in him. Once the infection is under control he'll feel like eating. But even though i soaked his kibble in bottled water so maybe he'd want to eat, he has no appetite. Put it in front of him, and he just turned his back on it so . . . Naiky is calling the vet to see if I can just have those and I'll give him the antibiotic shots myself.

So that's how my day is going and I still have to answer some of the emails I didn't answer yesterday with all the frickin' drama. So will keep you posted. I'm hoping she's back from David so Naiky can just run down there pick up a 6 day supply of correct dose of antibiotics and I'll just give them to him via shot. Didn't realize how easy it would be but at least then no throwing them up - just one quick shot and done with it. Will keep you posted XXOO

Last edited by Marka; 01-09-2014 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-10-2009, 11:40 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Good early morning all from a white covered MN!!! UGH. Oooh my new boots would be perfect for your white stuff. They are very functional for wet weather yet stylish and cute at the same time. I can give the dogs a walk, sludge through slushy parking lots and pick up poop in a snow covered yard all in the same day LOL!
Why am I up?
Because you're a morning person

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lacey, happy first snow!! we have snow showers in the forecast for tuesday night. Gold, love your story!!! i just love to see someone at work super-loving their job, sashaying, especially retail. ok, im tryin to be politically correct.
Cma, love the book, is that a real attorney!!!??
Yep I hear you about the politically correct Stoy. On that note I hope you don't take offense if I ask, if you and DH are DINKS (double income >> no kids)? Just curious as I know you are in your early 30's and that you work with kids but you have never talked of having kids. I'm being nosy. Are you going to rent first in Colorado? How does your mother dearest feel about you moving away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
You girls are too funny.

Goldy, is this who you saw at the shoe store? See, that's what you get for returning the same pair of boots 3 times LOL I was exchanging different pairs Joy...I know it sounds crazy especially to those that don't enjoy shopping, but I often change my mind after I get home with purchases. I try my best to get it right the first time though.This guy/gal sounds more like a drag queen type, way he was prancing (there's actually a lot of transexuals who are hetro, married and their wives know).
See that's the thing Joy I almost think he may have had a sex change or is going through the process as it seems hard to believe they would hire a man and let him come in all dolled up in womans gear to work his shift. I know we have rep of being liberals here but still!!!
My son is gay, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him - for my nieces wedding and because my family are such freaks (plus I do have a warped sense of humor) I told DS he should dress in Chanel Couture and I'd dress in a Tux; needless to say we didn't, but we got a chuckle just out of thinking what my family would say. I'm the black sheep so they probably would have just said 'well, that's Joy for you" LOL Oh that's cute, you should have done it with the Chanel and tux. Yeah I know a little about the black sheep thing myself. Were you a middle child?
Oh and Miss Goldy on vet visit that wasn't just the office' charge - that was for EVERYTHING, including the full exam, the 2 shots, the extra shot of pain medicine, 3 empty syringes for his antibiotics and lower dose pain meds I have to give him. $15 frickin dollars for ALL that - plus she is an 'expert' in street cats! So yeah, got an expert on my kind of cat and all the above for $15. Plus we can call her as much as we need to and no charge - in fact Naiky is calling her now about something. Excellent and I hope you get the syringes full so you don't have the throwing up issue.
Enjoy the wedding Barb. I love things pink. I have a doll collection and lots of little antique/flea market finds including an old pink vanity chair in pink. I could do a lot of pink. Damn I need to figure out how to post pix.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!! Love that Metro Jax link

Old 10-10-2009, 12:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Gold I wasn't planning on wearing my Uggs til Nov-oh well. I want to check out "Ewe's" too at a sale this week plus I have 25% off coupons.

Last year's first snow was 11/11 so this is a month earlier with a significant one coming Monday,Weds and Thurs.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Gold I wasn't planning on wearing my Uggs til Nov-oh well. I want to check out "Ewe's" too at a sale this week plus I have 25% off coupons.
Ooh you go with those Uggs Lacey (saw several people with their Uggs on yesterday) I saw an absolutely scrumptious pair for like $269 and had to determine they were out of my price range. The store the tranny works in sells the Ewe's, also a little steep for me.
Last year's first snow was 11/11 so this is a month earlier with a significant one coming Monday,Weds and Thurs.
Aww, time to snuggle up by the fire with some cocktails or a hot toddy. This is too early, but at least you don't have to drive in it for work.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Lacey, significant snow!!!! Ugg! (haha, couldnt resist!)
Gold, i didnt know i was a DINK!!! dont mind you asking. Neither of us want kids, I feel like I half raised my siblings, since my parents were, well, 'half around'. We plan on buying a house next month, moving permanently in Jan or Feb. Although I was the black sheep of the family, I have been the one taking care of my parents for several years. (out of 6 of us, no resentment, none at all ) I'm sure it will be hard on my parents.
Haha, that would be funny if that sales...person's name was Tran!

Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Lacey, significant snow!!!! Ugg! (haha, couldnt resist!) Ah ha ha good one Stoy!!!
Gold, i didnt know i was a DINK!!! dont mind you asking. Neither of us want kids, I feel like I half raised my siblings, since my parents were, well, 'half around'. We plan on buying a house next month, moving permanently in Jan or Feb. Although I was the black sheep of the family, I have been the one taking care of my parents for several years. (out of 6 of us, no resentment, none at all ) I'm sure it will be hard on my parents.
Haha, that would be funny if that sales...person's name was Tran!
I have the utmost, or is it upmost, respect for those that know they don't want them. There is nothing wrong with it and beats the people who bring them into the world with little thought! Oh so you're going to buy from a distance and rent where you are now and then move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate