Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 12:34 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoeswife View Post
buying a house sucks!
Selling one in today's economy sucks even more!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:08 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Niki! I am so glad to see you post...Hang in there, yes God IS watching over you and the kids...

Hugs~

Old 10-11-2009, 04:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning all! A troll visit huh.

Niki great advice as always from our ladies.

Tex we got reg flu shots a few weeks ago and I do echinachea from Sept-May plus always carry Purell.

Joy hope news is good and you got some rest.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:08 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Good morning all. Niki, so glad to see you post, but sorry for what you are going thru. keep your faith. Brook good to see you too!

Lacey, i heard echinacea is best used for 10 days on, 20 off, because it's effectiveness wears off. I don't do echinacea (on a regular basis), this year i am using olive leaf extract.
Sold some things on Ebay and Craigslist this wknd!

Tambre, are you packing??!! Painter, how's it going?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:49 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Good morning all. Niki, so glad to see you post, but sorry for what you are going thru. keep your faith. Brook good to see you too!

Lacey, i heard echinacea is best used for 10 days on, 20 off, because it's effectiveness wears off. I don't do echinacea (on a regular basis), this year i am using olive leaf extract.
Sold some things on Ebay and Craigslist this wknd!

Tambre, are you packing??!! Painter, how's it going?
Hey Stoy,

Not only am I not packing, my house is full of new couches, furniture and household goods that my kids just bought, and are storing for their move to their apartments on Oct. 15th. Figures that the appraiser is coming on Tuesday, to this total mess! By the way, the buyer's agent wasn't available to meet the appraiser, so I'm taking off from work to let him/her in. Our closing date was moved to on or about Nov. 21st. My job ends on Oct. 23. With the kids moving out, three bedrooms will be empty, so, I think we'll have plenty of time to get things in order by moving day. I'm still uncertain when to order the ABF moving van for.

Did you hear anything about your appraisal? Do you have a closing date? Do your inlaws live nearby? That is going to be so exciting looking for a new house. Are you going to try to find jobs first, while you're renting?

Painter, hope it isn't raining down there still! Any showings lined up?

Lacey, that is amazing about your grandson starting out so tiny, and now with a size 16 shoe. If it's like with puppies, the bigger the paws, the bigger the dog. Maybe you'll have a quarterback in your family. Of course, if he's any good, he'll have to play for the Steelers, lol.

Crazyma, I'm not sure about the Apollo controversy. It wouldn't surprise me totally that he government was not being exactly truthful!

Nikki, that is sad about your dh, but "You will survive"! Good advice about getting an attorney to protect yourself. If you can, take some money out of the bank immediately and put it in your name, so you have a reserve if things start to get stupid or ugly.

Brook, nice to see you. What's new?

Joy, dmed you.

Dogmom, love your blog! You are so talented. Hope the wedding is fun. Did you ever find those gorgeous shoes?

NJ...hope you're feeling better. Being sick when you have little ones is very, very hard.

Ok Ladies, Git 'er Done! Love ya all.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:58 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Tambre, closing date is Oct 30, yep, inlaws live 20 min away. my parents live 30 min away, so we've been storing stuff there. never heard about appraisal. can't help but laugh that your kids are filling up the house. are they ok with it yet?? DH wants to look for a job AND a house when we go out there next month. all in 5 days!! too much for me, i will look before we move. We both plan on working here thru January anyway. cold this am, isnt it?
Nj, are you ok??

Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Quote:
Tambre, closing date is Oct 30, yep, inlaws live 20 min away. my parents live 30 min away, so we've been storing stuff there. never heard about appraisal. can't help but laugh that your kids are filling up the house. are they ok with it yet?? DH wants to look for a job AND a house when we go out there next month. all in 5 days!! too much for me, i will look before we move. We both plan on working here thru January anyway. cold this am, isnt it?
Nj, are you ok??
Wow, you are getting close! When are you going out to Colorado again?

Old 10-11-2009, 07:15 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning all, Glad to see you two talking about closing and moving! So dang exciting, just love the thought of getting a new house to decorate, yep, it is my favorite thing to do....ohhhh some day. Tambre, tell the appraiser you are redecorating for the buyers because you just are sooo dang grateful, lol.....

Had one inquiry this weekend but no scheduling to show. I just dont hold much hope in selling till next yr...then who knows what drop in price it will take. They, the so called experts, lol, are saying that Fl went up 20% in sales this last month state wide. Unfortunately, I think it is mostly forclosures, no numbers on resales.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Nj, are you ok??
Hey Stoy, Tex,*yes, rest and fluids girl! Lots of honey, lemon and tea for me.,.. Tambre, Joy, Dogmom and everyone else I forgot who wished me well. THANK YOU! I was up half the night with my throat and ears hurting! Think its just bad head cold? Weird no runny nose but coughing crap ....occasionally! tmi. Sorry. Gross. I guess it has to run its course! I keep taking Motrin and its good for a while then gargling with salt water. Other people have lot worse problems than I...Mia is coughing alot now too...Ugh. Too early for this bs. It's the state of NJ making us sick lol...it wasn't meant to be for us here.
LACEY-SNOW?????? omg. Too depressing. Not yet!!! it was so cold here last night. Supp. to be low 60s to 50's for highs during week. We go from high a/c bills to back to high heat. At least when I lived in Buffalo we only cranked heat no need for a/c-weather always great in summer..Not sweltering like here..in summertime.

So happy everything is moving along for you and Amy!! Hey, Stoy, night before Halloween!!

Joy- how are you girl? Where are the gum pics?

Painter- that sucks no showings. Sucks here too. FSBO for me Tex and Lacey I am guessing now!!! Onward and upward.......Wouldnt that be cool if we ALL SOLD FSBO? I could definitely be a better agent *as well as you Painter and Tex and Lacey*....than the ones we had!!
Tex- sounds like yours just gave up...What an idiot....

Bought a used Mercury Mountaineer AWD with 3rd row seat...so happy we got something. Have a few people looking at my old Mercedes to get rid of it now....I dont wanna give it up-its my Mafia Car....an S420 sedan but too many miles on it. People want everything for free too, just like my house!!

Shel- How was work last night? I bet you are sleeping by now! or at the park with Watsaboo?? It was freezing here this am....40's through the night. I need an electric blanket and electric pair of socks! Anyone know if any sports store carries them>LOL..

Barb- how are you girl? Are you feeling any better this morning?

Crazyma- great jingle.... glad to see you back.

Niki----------------------------- I am with Texas----get an atty...asap.....for you and for the kids sake...It isn't healthy to stay with someone who wants out so badly it seems...You will get through.

We were going to go apple picking but not sure with all of us feeling like shat! except Noah!! LOl.. HE'S getting alot better.!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex we got reg flu shots a few weeks ago and I do echinachea from Sept-May plus always carry Purell.
You get this today, my little star pupil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Lacey, that is amazing about your grandson starting out so tiny, and now with a size 16 shoe. If it's like with puppies, the bigger the paws, the bigger the dog. Maybe you'll have a quarterback in your family. Of course, if he's any good, he'll have to play for the Steelers, lol.
LOL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Nikki, that is sad about your dh, but "You will survive"! Good advice about getting an attorney to protect yourself. If you can, take some money out of the bank immediately and put it in your name, so you have a reserve if things start to get stupid or ugly.
GREAT advice re: money Amy! Niki....I can not stress enough how you have got to protect yourself for your kids sake. Please listen to us! We want what is best for you and the kids---we don't want to see you get screwed over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey Stoy, Tex,*yes, rest and fluids girl! Lots of honey, lemon and tea for me.,.. Tambre, Joy, Dogmom and everyone else I forgot who wished me well. THANK YOU! I was up half the night with my throat and ears hurting! Think its just bad head cold? Weird no runny nose but coughing crap ....occasionally! tmi. Sorry. Gross. I guess it has to run its course! I keep taking Motrin and its good for a while then gargling with salt water. Other people have lot worse problems than I...Mia is coughing alot now too...Ugh. Too early for this bs. It's the state of NJ making us sick lol...it wasn't meant to be for us here.

Painter- that sucks no showings. Sucks here too. FSBO for me Tex and Lacey I am guessing now!!! Onward and upward.......Wouldnt that be cool if we ALL SOLD FSBO? I could definitely be a better agent *as well as you Painter and Tex and Lacey*....than the ones we had!!
Tex- sounds like yours just gave up...What an idiot....

Shel- How was work last night? I bet you are sleeping by now! or at the park with Watsaboo??

We were going to go apple picking but not sure with all of us feeling like shat! except Noah!! LOl.. HE'S getting alot better.!
LOL...Noah started it all and now is feeling better!

FSBO for all of us!! Yea...my agent did give up. Oh well....I guess it's better than blowing smoke up my aZZ!!!

No park this morning ...too dang cold! It was in the low 40's. I am exhausted, but everytime I try to sleep, Watson jumps up on me and does his play nipping. Now he is fast asleep on my chest while I type. ...but if I dare lay down...he will be awake in a HOT NY minute.

Last night was ok. I wanted to check on this one patient that I've been following but the nurse who was taking care of him wouldn't give me any info!!! I freaking work there. The nurse was extremely vague and just said..."still very sick, not much improvement" ....meanwhile if the tables were turned I would update him in a professional manner.

Anne I hope you and your family feels better soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate