Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times

Advertisements

Tex, your agent sounds like a fair gal..gee at least she is honest with you...by the spring you would probably not owe her anything for commission, it should say in your contract how long after the end of your contract you would owe her a commission if someone bought it who looked while she was your agent..I would say 90 days maybe, but it should state. Of course if you list with another agent then the new agent would get the commission or have to split with the old agent. Then again I could just be blowin steam here! Joy or Jody will have a better idea

Sounds like our man Watson is doing very well, yes he tried to tell you. I still miss the clues now and then..sometimes before we got the doggy door in one of them would need to go out and I would be glued to the cracktop or the tv..score one for the dog.. you two will figure out your signals soon.

Joy, hope our little Albert is doing better tonight, glad you got him into the vet right away.

Ok watching the Angels hopefully kick the red sox azz...later campers!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey girls, thanks again for the support. Not sure I'll ever catch up - just had someone call asking if I'd checked my emails and flat out said no my cat is sick and been taking care of him today. I'll answer your email tomorrow. Didn't really care what he thought - Albert's my baby and sorry - more important than frickin' email that I can deal with tomorrow when I start Albert's antibiotic and milder pain med regime. One of his meds (the 3 day one) have to give him middle of the day so going to work from home on monday. Today was essentially no work other than talking to one atty on the phone and a couple of IM's with my assistant.

Albert slept a lot, but hadn't drank any water all day which was worrying me (food don't mind, but water way important) - God they're like our kids, so I took him to his water bowl (bottled water cause couldn't find the one with the electrolites or whatever), he did drink a fair amount and then, of course, bam - it hurt, the whole moaning/crying thing. Glad the vet was smart enough to send me home with another pain shot for him and Shel you would have been proud of me LOL Found that dang muscle and didn't realize how easy it would be - course guess it's harder on a person, but with cat piece of cake and doesn't hurt so long as you inject the med slowly. Albert didn't even flinch. Course was holding onto him, fumbling in the ziplock for the syringe, getting the cap off LOL Anyway, he's in the bathroom curled up behind the toilet sleeping now, but at least he got some water in him.

Guess I thought (again must stop thinking lol) that one trip to the vet, a shot of antibiotics, pain meds and he'd be back to his old self - yeah, I know pretty delusional. Stoy, it did help a lot to read about yours and that it took some time, so I feel better now that he's not immediately better. Of course, I'm also kicking myself now for not taking him in when it first started, but then he was back to his old self so thought just a temp thing. Told the vet that as well (held nothing back - ya have to tell the doc everything!) and she wasn't concerned - said that was normal that it would flare up then be okay, then flare up again though I'm feeling like Mommy Dearest now for not taking him even when he felt good

So talk about a good assistant - as I was typing this she just brought me the bottle of electrolites or whatever the he## they're called because I'm supposed to mix it with Albert's water to flush out things out and, I guess, give him extra whatever they're supposed to do. Dang, I drink water but don't know about no dang electrolites. Just put a few drops in his water so if he gets up in the night and drinks more it's in there. Probably will just sleep and another night without him curled up next to me, but at least he won't be hurting. Totally zonked out now.

So on that note girls, enough about Albert. Any peeps reading this are probably going what's up with that woman and her cat

Annie and Barb hope you both start feeling better soon. Just sucks feeling crappy like that - and yes, Annie, you and Carol have just lame A## agents. Do think if you just paid one of the limited service agents to put on MLS, offer a buyer agent commission you'd do good. Ton of sites out there you can also advertise, so between that, MLS exposure - heck even some FSBO classified ads.

Oh and Carol, look at your listing contract - there should be a hold over clause for people she showed the house to and it has to be someone she actually worked with on it, showed it etc. After that, nada. Hasta la Vista, baby!

Lace, that's cosmic about their birthdays being same day AND hour/minute! I thought it was that my niece and I are 15 years apart, both had our sons at same age, both on New Year's Day 15 years apart, but not the exact same hour! WOW is all I can say. Your prayers certainly worked during your GS birth as he's now a big strapping boy!

Amy, so hows the packing and all that stuff going. Have you got appraisal results back yet - you're the one who was waiting, right? My brain is simply not functioning now, but I did fully disclose lol that when I came back to the camp I might not be all here

Stoy, how's it on your end? Maybe it's you waiting for appraisal LOL just can't remember - do remember you've been packing so got that going for me

Sara, your post made me LMAO and put a big smile on my face; and yeah, we know you like to be on top Ah, no wonder we always have so many peeps at the camp - record numbers for last camp!

Miss Goldy, thanks for the prayers and hope you're doing good. Was scary and I'm so grateful the vet had experience with 'street cats'. If I would have say taken him down to David like some do, they might not have 'got it' ya know? She was talking about the ones in Boquete (course in Spanish) and I told her Albert was from Bocas. Well she just kind of made the whole Latina motion with her hands like 'well, that explains everything' LOL Still see Albert's relatives when I go over to my Bocas office. God they're probably all inbred too Poor Albert - who's your daddy?

Roth, hows Miss Sophie and your wine journal coming? Needless to say with all the drama still haven't read it but promise I will!

HDL I will hound you until the cows come home 'til you post. Always worked with husbands (and pseudo lol), so gonna try it on you!

Well, girls I'm tired as a dog (or cat in this instance). Trying to stay awake until 10 but don't know if I'll make it. Didn't eat today and quite honestly don't feel like it - when Naiky was buying Albert's meds she bought me my fav comfort food, Cambells Chicken Noodle soup. Ah . . . I'll probably have it for breakfast lol dang where is that french toast! Could be back, could be asleep - heck, wonder if there's room for me behind the toilet with Albert One way we could curl up together. So if you don't see me again tonight, I'll see ya in the morning. Will be doing some grinding and force feeding Albert his antiobiotics (will have coffee first or could be a total disaster)
Joy, I would bet by tomorrow Albert will be feeling much better, these animals recover from stuff much quicker than we do...just do what you are doing. And as far as anyone reading these posts about Albert and our pets, if the don't like it, to heck with them.. this is our camp and we can post what we want, right?!

Ok back to the ball game...hugs~

Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:

Albert slept a lot, but hadn't drank any water all day which was worrying me (food don't mind, but water way important) - God they're like our kids, so I took him to his water bowl (bottled water cause couldn't find the one with the electrolites or whatever), he did drink a fair amount and then, of course, bam - it hurt, the whole moaning/crying thing. Glad the vet was smart enough to send me home with another pain shot for him and Shel you would have been proud of me LOL Found that dang muscle and didn't realize how easy it would be - course guess it's harder on a person, but with cat piece of cake and doesn't hurt so long as you inject the med slowly. Albert didn't even flinch. Course was holding onto him, fumbling in the ziplock for the syringe, getting the cap off LOL Anyway, he's in the bathroom curled up behind the toilet sleeping now, but at least he got some water in him.

Guess I thought (again must stop thinking lol) that one trip to the vet, a shot of antibiotics, pain meds and he'd be back to his old self - yeah, I know pretty delusional. Stoy, it did help a lot to read about yours and that it took some time, so I feel better now that he's not immediately better. Of course, I'm also kicking myself now for not taking him in when it first started, but then he was back to his old self so thought just a temp thing. Told the vet that as well (held nothing back - ya have to tell the doc everything!) and she wasn't concerned - said that was normal that it would flare up then be okay, then flare up again though I'm feeling like Mommy Dearest now for not taking him even when he felt good

So talk about a good assistant - as I was typing this she just brought me the bottle of electrolites or whatever the he## they're called because I'm supposed to mix it with Albert's water to flush out things out and, I guess, give him extra whatever they're supposed to do. Dang, I drink water but don't know about no dang electrolites. Just put a few drops in his water so if he gets up in the night and drinks more it's in there. Probably will just sleep and another night without him curled up next to me, but at least he won't be hurting. Totally zonked out now.
I am proud of you and I knew you could do it!! I am glad she sent you home with a pain shot for Albert. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be feeling better. To heck with anyone and their e-mails---our babies come FIRST!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Tex, your agent sounds like a fair gal..gee at least she is honest with you...by the spring you would probably not owe her anything for commission, it should say in your contract how long after the end of your contract you would owe her a commission if someone bought it who looked while she was your agent..I would say 90 days maybe, but it should state. Of course if you list with another agent then the new agent would get the commission or have to split with the old agent. Then again I could just be blowin steam here! Joy or Jody will have a better idea

Sounds like our man Watson is doing very well, yes he tried to tell you. I still miss the clues now and then..sometimes before we got the doggy door in one of them would need to go out and I would be glued to the cracktop or the tv..score one for the dog.. you two will figure out your signals soon.

Ok watching the Angels hopefully kick the red sox azz...later campers!
So who is winning the game?!?

Yes, Watson tried to tell me but I missed the cue!!

According to my realtor, after 10 days (wait to see if any recent showings produce offers) I am free and clear. I specifically asked her re: holdover clauses and she said no. I can't find my contract. I sent her an e-mail with the specific question, so she replies back to me! I want it in black and white so there isn't any confusion come Spring.

Now, I just have to find out from Joy all those sites you can advertise on. I know FSBO.com has packages so you can list on realtor.com...I think that costs $500.00 up front.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I am proud of you and I knew you could do it!! I am glad she sent you home with a pain shot for Albert. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be feeling better. To heck with anyone and their e-mails---our babies come FIRST!!

So who is winning the game?!?

Yes, Watson tried to tell me but I missed the cue!!

According to my realtor, after 10 days (wait to see if any recent showings produce offers) I am free and clear. I specifically asked her re: holdover clauses and she said no. I can't find my contract. I sent her an e-mail with the specific question, so she replies back to me! I want it in black and white so there isn't any confusion come Spring.

Now, I just have to find out from Joy all those sites you can advertise on. I know FSBO.com has packages so you can list on realtor.com...I think that costs $500.00 up front.
Game is tied 1-1...We won last night...come on Angels..Did I ever tell you that is how Halo got his name? He was bought by our younger son's girlfriend (well of course now ex) in October, 2002...Just about the time the Angels won the world series. Thus his name, Halo. I am used to it, but he probably should have been named Fritz, or Frank or something lol...So is is named after the Angels that won the world series in 2002. Now he is sitting here snoozing having no idea thats how he got his name.

We have had him since 2006 when she could no longer take care of him, and she called us and asked if we could take him...he grew up with India and Gracie so bringing him 'home' was natural.

Anyway, that's how he got his name..

Old 10-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Game is tied 1-1...We won last night...come on Angels..Did I ever tell you that is how Halo got his name? He was bought by our younger son's girlfriend (well of course now ex) in October, 2002...Just about the time the Angels won the world series. Thus his name, Halo. I am used to it, but he probably should have been named Fritz, or Frank or something lol...So is is named after the Angels that won the world series in 2002. Now he is sitting here snoozing having no idea thats how he got his name.

We have had him since 2006 when she could no longer take care of him, and she called us and asked if we could take him...he grew up with India and Gracie so bringing him 'home' was natural.

Anyway, that's how he got his name..
That's cute!! How did India get her name?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 PM

Oh, ok well older son Dan and his then 'wife' (and that's polite) were walking in old town Claremont, our old hometown, in August 2002, and there was this couple with a wagon full of puppies.. Well...they brought this cute little blonde doggy home..she had a white spot on the top of her head, and it looked like the star of india, so thats how she got her name..as she grew, the spot is gone.. We call her sissy, India, Indy..

Old 10-09-2009, 10:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
get well albert

Old 10-09-2009, 11:08 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
check out the names of this attorney bunch!! too funny...well to me it is.
this is NOT an advertisement for them , only posted for entertainment value LOL

Low, Ball & Lynch - Attorneys at Law

Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
So on that note girls, enough about Albert. Any peeps reading this are probably going what's up with that woman and her cat
LOL who gives a flying F!!! Hey you're not like the cat lady with 20 of em or anything!
Miss Goldy, thanks for the prayers and hope you're doing good. Was scary and I'm so grateful the vet had experience with 'street cats'. If I would have say taken him down to David like some do, they might not have 'got it' ya know? She was talking about the ones in Boquete (course in Spanish) and I told her Albert was from Bocas. Well she just kind of made the whole Latina motion with her hands like 'well, that explains everything' LOL Still see Albert's relatives when I go over to my Bocas office. God they're probably all inbred too Poor Albert - who's your daddy?
LOL too damn funny Joy! So glad to hear the vet figured out the problem and WOW $15 awesome!! No office fee or they do it on the cheap eh?? I take mine to Animart (petstore) for vaccinations, heart worm test, flea, heartworm meds. They don't charge an office visit fee. I am pleased as punch you got it straigtened out for alley cat Albert. Yep good quality food is worth the price. I did my research on that and feed my holistic. Our poor deceased Golden got the cheap shat..I feel bad about that! I know what you're talking about when you say you like him more than *some* people. Great you got him in off the streets! Tomorrow is another day so *those* people yanking your chain will have to wait.

Well, girls I'm tired as a dog (or cat in this instance). Trying to stay awake until 10 but don't know if I'll make it. Didn't eat today and quite honestly don't feel like it - when Naiky was buying Albert's meds she bought me my fav comfort food, Cambells Chicken Noodle soup.
You need to eat girl or you will blow away in those tropical winds.

NJ sorry to hear your family has been under the weather. Your little boys patience at the Drs. office sounded so sweet! My DH was sick all last week into this one with cold, chest cough, and it is still lingering a bit but he's much better. I almost feel bad when I don't catch it because he's so miserable all alone and besides support, I can't take the misery away. The best thing we can do is wash, wash our hands but now with the swine I hear it's airborn. I'm thinking maybe my hub should get the flu shot. Take care of you and yours and hope your DH makes it home soon. Oh your agent is a real doozy Unfortunately you will probably never forget her poor service!

Tex, that's great Watson is catching on. As he gets more bladder control he will be able to hold it much longer. Regarding your agent, maybe don't worry about the hold over clause too much...it almost sounds like she won't hold you to it as she feels bad for you, but I don't blame you for wanting it in writing. It's probably not that likely someone from your past showings will be the buyer, but I'm guessing. We have a FSBO site where it looks like people just advertise on their exclusively and don't even list on the MLS. It was a hot site when the market was better, but when I have surfed their site to see what's happening it looks like a fair number of them are selling. We also have the one time fee ones where you are on MLS but you do your own showings etc. but they help at closing and if you want extra services from them (they are attorneys) you can add them.

Stoy and Tambre y'all must be getting excited to get the heck out of dodge!!!! Yippee Kiyeah!!!

Dog glad you feel better today and are enjoying the baseball.

I saw a strange sight today. After I exchanged some boots for the third and final time at DSW, I decided to go to the mall for awhile. As I was checking out the shoe collection in one of our finer department stores, I noticed they have a cross dresser and/or transvestite male all dressed up in stockings, skirt and blouse working in the shoe department. I just had to do a double take It was still very apparent he is a male. I wonder if he is legally considered a woman because it seems strange they would hire a man and let him dress as a woman at work.

It is now Saturday so have a good one everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by gold*dust1; 10-09-2009 at 11:26 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 11:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Hey there C'ma we're posting at the same time Love your kitty graphic for Albert and the attorney site name is a hoot!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate