Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 04:34 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
I got my family into Tofu very easily. First I needed to dispel the bad feelings. You know, the tofu......yuck mindset.

Getting them to understand plain tofu has a similar taste as egg whites. I had them choose the flavors to add. Then I cooked the tofu & egg whites in similar way. After a blind taste test, family likes tofu.

Looks like I need to pick up some tofu for my air fryer.
You could never get me to eat tofu plus I hate egg whites so I know i won't like tofu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 07:33 AM

20,678 posts, read 4,441,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I like to air fry the soft variety. It absorbs liquid better when cooked with other stuff. The picture I had above is of the hard variety -- not as easy to work with.
That conversion was done before I had an air fryer. So I prepared it the "hard way" in a pan.
Cubed it, fried it with sauce, cut it down to "egg white" appearance, then served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
You could never get me to eat tofu plus I hate egg whites so I know i won't like tofu.

Never say never!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXvNxXDDHSY

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

If I can get some ground meat I like, I think I'll try a air fryer meatloaf.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:42 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,154,762 times
Quote:
That conversion was done before I had an air fryer. So I prepared it the "hard way" in a pan.
Cubed it, fried it with sauce, cut it down to "egg white" appearance, then served.

What did you do to it? I'm not sure I know what that means?

Old 08-17-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
What did you do to it? I'm not sure I know what that means?
Here's a video to give you a better idea of what I meant.

Start video at 2:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oVRjfubYM

Old 08-17-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Here's a video to give you a better idea of what I meant.
That just didn't look appealing to me. I doubt I would want to try tofu again either if that's how it was introduced to me.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
That just didn't look appealing to me. I doubt I would want to try tofu again either if that's how it was introduced to me.
looks like scrambled eggs to me.

__________________________________________________ ____

Let's see, what to cook next week?

BN Squash, Acorn Squash, Dill Pickles, Mushrooms, Mozzarella sticks, Crab Cakes, Meatloaf, Ham, Roast..

Depends what's on sale, and my mood.

Old 08-21-2021, 02:03 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
I tried again with a soft tofu, but it wasn't the right one either. As is, this tofu is better suited in soup recipes. Still, after air fried it tastes very good with a crunchy exterior and soft inside.

Non-GMO and made in the USA. Now I know not everything is made in China (not yet anyway) LOL.

Taste better than they look. I am going to use them in spring rolls for lunch.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
looks like scrambled eggs to me.
Idk, it just looks slimy and gross to me. I'm also not a fan of scrambled eggs so maybe that's why.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I tried again with a soft tofu, but it wasn't the right one either. As is, this tofu is better suited in soup recipes. Still, after air fried it tastes very good with a crunchy exterior and soft inside.

Non-GMO and made in the USA. Now I know not everything is made in China (not yet anyway) LOL.

Taste better than they look. I am going to use them in spring rolls for lunch.
TJ's has really good super firm tofu. I put it right on the grill. Doesn't fall through like other tofu.
You can also grill those spring rolls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes