Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

He gave me his number. I didn't call. I saw him later. He asked how come I hadn't called. I told him I didn't know he was waiting for me to call. He asked me to call him. I didn't call again . I saw him later. He said I should call. I finally called him. He wasn't home. I saw him later. I mentioned I had called. He asked why. I told him I called so he could invite me somewhere. He said he needed to go home so he could change shirts. He showed me his room. We went out. He paid. I gave him a kiss at the end of the night. Haven't seen him since. Who cares, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 02:00 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I told him I called so he could invite me somewhere. He said he needed to go home so he could change shirts. He showed me his room. We went out. He paid. I gave him a kiss at the end of the night. Haven't seen him since. Who cares, lol.
You told him to take you out, paid for your entertainment and food, and so on. Now you don't see him which you seem to be fine about it . Hey! You lost nothing, he did. There are plenty of fish in the ocean.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:07 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You told him to take you out, paid for your entertainment and food, and so on. Now you don't see him which you seem to be fine about it . Hey! You lost nothing, he did. There are plenty of fish in the ocean.

Thank you, yes. I'm certainly liking it.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 AM

I love it when women take the initiative and I enjoy it as much to go after the one I like. I am in between, I like balance. But to find a woman who takes the initiative in the west it's not common at all. I find it a bit more common when I lived in Japan and when I travel in Asia for business and/or vacation. One may think that the girls that have approached me in Asia just want to get out of their countries or want to get into a man's wallet but no, at least not with me.

I find it awesome to see a girl use her creativity to take me out somewhere, see how she reserved the best table in the restaurant, approach me to start a conversation and ask when we will meet again which goes on to her asking my contact info., etc. I enjoy doing all this but it is a pleasant surprise to see a girl do this to me as well. It totally suprises me .

VanillaGorilla,
EXACTLY! When I hear women complain that a guy didn't call them, their guy is not proposing, their guy didn't pull her chair, didn't pay for her food, etc. I ask myself "Why didn't she do all those things instead?!"

Last edited by onihC; 06-21-2010 at 02:28 AM..

Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Thank you, yes. I'm certainly liking it.
Hey! That is another of your priviledges as a woman. You don't need to leave home with your wallet on dates and it is completely acceptable by society standards .

Old 06-21-2010, 04:27 AM

69 posts, read 94,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Leg work? Is he chasing her down the road as she drives off in her car?

I don't get it. If you find a woman you think is attractive, walk up to her and show interest. How is she going to meet in the middle before that when she probably has no idea you exist? How is that being lazy?

If it's THAT much work, don't bother.
So if a woman thinks a man is attractive then why don't she walk up to him and show intrest?

If the woman want's the man to chase her and want's the man to call/text and ask her out every time then yes she is being lazy... And more often than not thats how it is, women expect the man to do all the work.

But if that's the way it's gonna be then thats the way it is I guess.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
So if a woman thinks a man is attractive then why don't she walk up to him and show intrest?
Women don't like to do that for many reasons. One we hear often is that they don't want to be rejected. Well guess what? Men get rejected all the time. It's part of it. If women are used to having men approach them, romance them, take them out, woo them, etc. Why give away such a nice priviledge?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:30 AM

153 posts, read 237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Are you old fashioned and still expect men to call you first, be the one to ask you out on a date etc etc?

I have a workmate who says as much as she wants to get married, she would NEVER EVER propose to her boyfriend. She wants the big romantic dinner, dramatic proposal and blinding diamond package. Another friend of mine got the phone number of a wonderful guy just last weekend, but is waiting for him to call instead of picking up the phone herself.

Personally I believe if you want something, go for it yourself instead of waiting around. I asked my last 2 boyfriends out. What about the rest of you ladies?
I was the wait for the call girl but I took the initiative in my current relationship.......I feel somewhat empowered that I was able to do that!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
This topic is pointless like a "should there be world peace?" topic. It would be nice if women took the iniative, like it would be nice for there to be world peace, but it's not going to happen. So let's focus on being realistic.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:45 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Geez, you would think us guys bite or something. Women are always expecting the guy to do all the leg work. Many men worth a hoot today consider that to be lazy or taking the easy way out. IMO, it should be a little of both and the best results will occur. One person doing all the work may complicate things. The person who is on the receiving end just has to say yes. They may do it just because they don't have anything better as of right now. You aren't getting the best person using that approach and IMO, if she was really that into you she would have tried harder. Sitting back and saying yes is easy, meeting in the middle requires a little more effort and shows the guy that you are a go getter in life. Once again, we don't bite! Well, not much!LOL......
I like what a guy once told me--"It wasn't work. It was a pleasure". He made major points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships