Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times

Advertisements

its not you its me babe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:35 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,191,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawdagurl View Post
i know on my last thred i said i was giving up on love even though a strong part of me has my hopes set high and i think i want to wait for that special guy, but i cant help but to notice that the guys i really like ends up leaving me in some type of way and F.Y.I its not me driving them away its just things like careers, unreached goals, and ect.. and i would never like to hold anyone back from doing what they want to do in life because no matter if i like the decisions they make "thier grown men"... so as of now my plan is to foucus on my own goals and make it in life
Have you ever gotten a reaction from them that says "I am not sure about this girl"?

Most of the time, they give hints through body language or the phone calls stop. These are things you should look out for and try to remember what you did that caused it.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 PM

254 posts, read 415,062 times
You need to focus on yourself. Stop letting society brainwash you that you need a man to be happy. Hang out with your friends, take an art class, find a cool hobby, go to the gym, be busy bettering yourself. Work hard and save money. Enjoy being single and having good friends. The healthier, happier, and more confident you become, the less you will care about/need a man.
And ironically enough, that's usually when you end up finding a good man, when you don't need one. You attract losers who prey on people with low self esteem when you are desperate.
You attract healthy, happy, independent people into your life when you are healthy, happy, and independent.
And stop rushing. You're young. You can't get these years back. Enjoy them.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:37 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You should meet <insert poster who always says he's giving up on dating then goes right back to it>. You two might be a match made in heaven.
I thought the EXACT same thing when I read the thread title!

Do you like older men? Do you like sports and tv??

That was him who said that right?

Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawdagurl View Post
ok people i'm done with love, i've spent way to may nights alone in my bed everytime i think that i've found someone thats perfect for me it always goes back to that ol saying that "its to good to be true" but i'm so afraid that i'll grow old alone as a once sweet but then bitter old woman who hate the ideal of love, i'm ready to settle down right now but it seems like the rest of the world is only focused on LUST, maybe i'm just to young i might need to wait a couple years and let love find me! but sometimes i feel like if you want it dont hold back just go get it be
cause you'll miss your chance and the next person will be enjoying what you cherish so dearly....
My young student, you have FINALLY come to your senses. Well done.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM

382 posts, read 758,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
x2

Forget dating and all that drama, and live the best life! You'll do things and experience things that otherwise wouldn't happen if you had a partner.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:42 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
x2

Forget dating and all that drama, and live the best life! You'll do things and experience things that otherwise wouldn't happen if you had a partner.
Too many bad breakups?

Old 06-25-2010, 04:51 PM

382 posts, read 758,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Too many bad breakups?
No, call it experience.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:42 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,052,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
No, call it experience.
Hey, I'm all for singleness when the situation arises. It's best to be secure enough in yourself to know you can enjoy life even without a relationship.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
It's best to be secure enough in yourself to know you can enjoy life even without a relationship.
Some seem to think you have to stop living when you're single! I'm going down to the nearest beach in Mexico next week and because it was kind of a last-minute decision I didn't book online and spoke with people. Every single one (American or Mexican) was mighty surprised I need accommodations for one! As if I have to put my life on hold until I can qualify for accommodations for two! They're the same anyway! Am I paying you? Yes. What problem is it of yours then?! Am I supposed to stay home until I'm coupled?! I'm used to that attitude down in Mexico, but it's quite common here, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships