Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,677,099 times

Advertisements

You've got plenty of time. Enjoy this phase of your life and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Once you are married things change drastically.
Every man you dismiss brings you one step closer to the man you are supposed to be with. Don't try to push it or force someone to be what you want. When you can happily be alone you'll make a much better wife and parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 04:16 PM

404 posts, read 701,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Every man you dismiss brings you one step closer to the man you are supposed to be with
What? How is this supposed to be true?

I understand you are just just trying to cheer the OP up, but let's not get naive here. You would be surprised how easily a woman can dismiss men suitable for her, even "the one", in some cases.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:30 PM

86 posts, read 359,539 times
Don't worry. We have had those times when we feel hopeless and believe we will never find the one. I am now in my thirties and don't regret not even for a minute the decisions I made and holding for the right guy to come. If a guy is really interested in you, cares about you and is really worth your time , he will be not only after you but you will always be #1 on his priority list. Never let anyone let you down, true... there are bad guys out there as well as bad women, but don't judge everyone negatively. There are still good guys looking for good girls but it only takes time and a bit of patience, love always finds its way, trust me on this one...

Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,743 times
I used to have that mentality ("No man will ever love me", yada, yada). Self-confidence, self-awareness of how much I am valuable, a computer and internet later, I got one. Unexpectently. Out of the blue. Stop hoping, stop searching, at 23, you still got some growth to do before you can handle a relationship with a REAL man. Too many young women flunked out the best man for a clown because they were never prepared.

Enjoy your life, I'm 26 and I can tell you that you are WAY TOO YOUNG to be all depressed, and lonely. Have fun by yourself, don't wear your heart on your sleeve. Rock on. "The" guy will find you. Happend to me and been dating him for a year.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 PM

7 posts, read 11,069 times
Yeah but if she is doing the dismissing isn't it because she doesn't feel he is the right one? And just who is this one saying they are the right one...could it be the one who thinks he is the right one? But that is his and only his opinion....it's a hard reality to not be able to have what we want...

Old 08-09-2010, 01:25 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawdagurl View Post
ok people i'm done with love, i've spent way to may nights alone in my bed everytime i think that i've found someone thats perfect for me it always goes back to that ol saying that "its to good to be true" but i'm so afraid that i'll grow old alone as a once sweet but then bitter old woman who hate the ideal of love, i'm ready to settle down right now but it seems like the rest of the world is only focused on LUST, maybe i'm just to young i might need to wait a couple years and let love find me! but sometimes i feel like if you want it dont hold back just go get it be
cause you'll miss your chance and the next person will be enjoying what you cherish so dearly....
Sounds like you aren't looking in the right places or for the right guys. That's not anyone else's responsibility but your own.

If you want to see a dolphin, you don't go looking in a bar in Omaha if you catch my drift.

FYI - I'd be cautious about meeting a guy around your age that isn't lusty. It's natural hormones and if he isn't turned on by you then you are in for one sucky marriage. Now he can be respectful but becareful what you wish for because you just might get it.

P.S. When I was around your age for the first time in my life I had a hard time getting women interested in me because I had gone fairly bald. I suffered through it and found a great gal so things are meant to happen for a reason sometimes.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:12 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some seem to think you have to stop living when you're single! I'm going down to the nearest beach in Mexico next week and because it was kind of a last-minute decision I didn't book online and spoke with people. Every single one (American or Mexican) was mighty surprised I need accommodations for one! As if I have to put my life on hold until I can qualify for accommodations for two! They're the same anyway! Am I paying you? Yes. What problem is it of yours then?! Am I supposed to stay home until I'm coupled?! I'm used to that attitude down in Mexico, but it's quite common here, too.
I get that sometimes too! I'm heading to the Bahamas over Labor Day by myself and as usual, on a cruise, there will be that tiny percentage of passengers who look at me like I'm some sort of lost puppy to take pity on because I'm there alone. Thankfully 99% of my fellow cruisers are usually great. I used to sit around waiting for a guy to come along so I'd have someone to vacation with, but I've discovered that I have just as good a time, and in a lot of cases a better time, traveling alone. I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah. Thanks. Just bought a few books.

Funny thing is many will be unpleasantly surprised this holiday weekend! While reading something I happened to find out Mexico has elections on Monday and it will have a dry weekend! I always go prepared, though, so nothing can phase me. Besides, I don't plan on partying at night.
If you're staying near the beach, I recommend earplugs. Dry weekend or no, Rocky Point was quite loud the one night I was there (we were supposed to stay two but left early because we didn't like it much ) I hope your experience is better.

OP, you're young and I'm sure you've heard this before but relax and enjoy life. Don't go settling for a jerk just to not be alone.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
Why is it that so many young girls under 25 think they'll never find love again after a breakup? When my own daughter's heart was breaking over her high school sweetheart, she was convinced that she'd never love again.

I had to remind her that her 93 year old grandmother was still breaking hearts in the retirement home she's living in.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:40 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,737 times
Default i'm giving up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You should meet <insert poster who always says he's giving up on dating then goes right back to it>. You two might be a match made in heaven.
Spinx, don't wish that off any anyone...

Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 PM

530 posts, read 902,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawdagurl View Post
ok people i'm done with love, i've spent way to may nights alone in my bed everytime i think that i've found someone thats perfect for me it always goes back to that ol saying that "its to good to be true" but i'm so afraid that i'll grow old alone as a once sweet but then bitter old woman who hate the ideal of love, i'm ready to settle down right now but it seems like the rest of the world is only focused on LUST, maybe i'm just to young i might need to wait a couple years and let love find me! but sometimes i feel like if you want it dont hold back just go get it be
cause you'll miss your chance and the next person will be enjoying what you cherish so dearly....
You know I hear you. AND though I'm single and have had my share of bad relationships, I believe love does exist & its out there. I've seen and know loving couples AND one day I will be one of them.

Anyway, don't know when that will happen as I'm not even dating right now. But the other day this male friend of mine text me. We used to date around for a minute & I've know him a very long time. And I didn't date him for marriage. He was 15 yrs my junior & honestly I was shocked when he expressed interest in me. This was some years ago, we know the same people & we used to take boxing. Anyway to speak to the lust issue. We started as friends and we parted as friends, actually we're still friends.
He's an attractive former football player turned musician & lives in CA. So anyway he text me & it always amazed me how mature he was, how he made me relax & have so much fun. So we're texting & I start playing with him just being silly. I assumed this alter ego & he was like WHAT! Who is this? So I kept playing oh, that's right you don't me... I'm what Sascha Fierce is to Beyonce. I was cracking up. Just having a big old teen / tween moment. Then he stopped texting. Finally after about 15 minutes he text me back & says well, Sascha when "histime" returns, tell her to text or call me because I like her. I was touched. I said, I see CA is making you soft. I was playing with you, you big head man & boy was that fun! He text back saying, Punk! LOL! We ended up text talking & he said he would call me.

My point is, its not the lust with him. One of his ex-girlfriends is a model & one is a singer. We really have developed a friendship over the years & like you, I hope he finds what he is looking for, but whatever it is rest assured its not lust. And if he is not looking for lust other men like him are not looking for lust either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships