Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:01 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I doubt these men make anything of a quality that would last 10 minutes in my world. Just how good are these shoes on a rocky woods land trail?

With the dresses can you flip a yoke neck cover over one shoulder slip a shoulder strap and breast feed infants? That point is moot in my case, but that is one of the designs I have sewn. Or don't modern women bear children anymore?
If I got pregnant at my age, I'd be running down the road screaming with my hair on fire!
There are no rocky woodlands trails where I live, nor would I care to be on one.
Apparel of which you speak of has no place in my world. I am not saying that either world is better, they are just different worlds.
You really shouldnt impose standards on all of us dictated by your lifestyle, its a bit narrow-minded imho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by email_lover View Post
Our society puts to much pressure on married couples. They expect that the spouse to provide most social, intellectual and intimate conversational needs to their partner.

This expectation is really hard on the men. Because men's friendships in general are not as close as a woman, many men are lonely. Men's friendships are best described as buddies, activity partners, and sports participants. They are not likely to provide the deep friendship that most women have with their close girl friends.

Many men tell me that while they love their wife and enjoy the the time they spend with each other, they would like to communicate in a personal and close way to other human beings. But again, the type of relationships men have with each other do not allow the type of closeness they need. There are things that the men would like to talk about that their male buddies will not discuss and their spouse just have no interest in.

What is a man to do? His social and conversational needs can not be met by just one woman. He loves his wife but feels unfulfilled. Married Men need close women friends! Don't you agree?
While I don't think anyone can be everything to their SO, there should be a great deal in which you can talk about together and share.

For example: I don't get the same spark in my eye when my husband talks about the amount of weights he can benchpress or squat but I listen and offer my interest, albeit very limited. It's a topic discussed much better with his workout friends.

I do not want my husband having a conversation with another woman that he could not have with me.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:32 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post

I do not want my husband having a conversation with another woman that he could not have with me.
I agree. I think I can still have female friends, but if I can't have those same conversations with my Wife....then I am probably being inappropriate.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times
My GF is my only true friend. Everyone else can buzz off.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If I got pregnant at my age, I'd be running down the road screaming with my hair on fire!
There are no rocky woodlands trails where I live, nor would I care to be on one.
Apparel of which you speak of has no place in my world. I am not saying that either world is better, they are just different worlds.
You really shouldnt impose standards on all of us dictated by your lifestyle, its a bit narrow-minded imho.

LOL yeah so would my wife of 48 years and missing 'parts' which evidently you missed reading. And I don't impose nuthin on no body ever! In fact i would be upset to see anyone in my fiddleheads swap gathering fiddle heads.

I am simply saying there are other ways to live beside be cut out of a cookie cutter.

I got a Bro in law with a cookie cutter Harley , living in a cookie cutter house as every house in the area looks the same, all complete with cookie cutter wives living in them, and they all drive little remarkably gray bubble cars all from the same cookie cutter.

I don't care if other people want that life style, I just don't. Ya know i made 15,000 miles in a sigle motorcycle ride with my wife. There are not many who would want to do that and settin about in a fat easy chair dreaming of it and doing it are 2 different things. In the easy chair that is easy, in the real world it can be work at times.

Most certainly most people will not do that, and most wouldn't want to.

When we got back after being out on the road for 10 months, my car was out of inspection, and out of being registered. Well I got the registration fixed easy enough, but I had 10 days to go get a inspection sticker, and the instant i tried to drive i got stopped and had to explain why I had 10 days to get it, and then hear a lecture on how no one should ride a motorcycle for 10 months and cross the USA 2 1/2 times.

I was told by the officer no one cn just to do that, because no none is alert enough. Well telling me this news after the fact wasn't getting thru my thick skull at all.

I never tell anyone what to do ever, but at times I might suggest a few things. That usually comes under topics that have been requested, and the other times is if safety is inolved. That might be say if you decided to go camping in the extreme cold, a place have been many times before and like to be. I am talking about below 0, well below 0 where my wife has been too. Both of us have all our toes and fingers still, something not eveyone else who has been there can say.

I have no idea where you are, not even a rough country, so I can't say much. But then I can say i don't like or care for city life a bit, and will go to great lengths to avoid them. I find them to be artifical, and get lost in the concrete jungle where for me nothing makes any sence.

A place dainty items can be brought out to play in, like high heels shoes for women, a device of crulety if you ask me, and I never wore any, not even my wifes one pair.

But me telling anyone what to do is a big error. The point is there are other ways to live. Another point is my wife wanted a primitive man and she found one.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
kshe95girl , So I peeked in your profile. You look similar to a sis in law I have. Pretty attractive if i say so and i do. To be fair, i uploaded a pic in my profile, and you fur sure won't find it cookie cutter !

Maybe the one woman in the world that wanted a guy like me found him, I don't know, but i am willing to bet not one gal who ventures to that pic would want me, but then I don't have to care about that. right?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:56 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
kshe95girl , So I peeked in your profile. You look similar to a sis in law I have. Pretty attractive if i say so and i do. To be fair, i uploaded a pic in my profile, and you fur sure won't find it cookie cutter !

Maybe the one woman in the world that wanted a guy like me found him, I don't know, but i am willing to bet not one gal who ventures to that pic would want me, but then I don't have to care about that. right?
Mac, I dont live a cookie cutter life in the least, I blazed my own trail years ago, but I dont want to hijack this thread, either, you know?
BTW, if you and your lady are happy together, then thats all that matters....everyone that doesnt think so can jump in a lake.....thanks for the compliment, too!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:15 PM

154 posts, read 526,617 times
I never said that men could not have the pleasant deep conversations they were having with their male friends with their wife. What I am saying is the men may wish to get another woman's perspective on the topics being discussed at home.

You people must be really boring expecting only your spouse to have interesting conversation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I agree. I think I can still have female friends, but if I can't have those same conversations with my Wife....then I am probably being inappropriate.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
I never said that men could not have the pleasant deep conversations they were having with their male friends with their wife. What I am saying is the men may wish to get another woman's perspective on the topics being discussed at home.

You people must be really boring expecting only your spouse to have interesting conversation!
What in the world is it you are asking then? I'm seriously confused.

What things am I supposed to talk to this other woman about, that I won't talk to my wife about?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:

Where did anyone say that?

I never said men could not have female friends, etc. but he should not have conversations with them that he could not also have with me. It's fine to get another females perspective on something as long as it doesn't cross the line into inappropriate. I guess it all depends on where you draw your line in the sand to interpret inappropriate.

However, given that your name is email lover and you are emailing a married man....if you're looking for someone to hop on your bandwagon, I'm not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships