Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 PM

878 posts, read 942,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Same thing with a childless/childfree woman who gets involved with a dad. The step parent often has to support the kids and of course their needs come after the kids and likely the parents too. I'd rather give my money to a charity I support or my 4 year old niece over some family that the parents couldn't keep together.
Absolutely. No argument. I have one nephew, I see a couple times a year. He's as good a kid as I've met but that's damning with faint praise. Just the same, he gets my guitars and amps except my Telecaster. That's going in the oven with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My single Mom friends have no issues with getting in relationships either. Hell, one of them got in a relationship when she was 5 months pregnant! She broke up with him about 2 months after the kid was born. Now, her second daughter is a bit over 1 year old and she's with a great guy that treats her and her two kids like gold.

Like I said, if the woman is attractive she will have zero issues getting into a relationship regardless of having a kid or not.
" Hell, one of them got in a relationship when she was 5 months pregnant!"
Sounds like that reality show 'Pregnant and Dating'. It may be the stangest Reality show yet. What's next "How to date your Step Daughter"? Forgot, Woody Allen did that 20 plus years ago

Old 07-08-2013, 04:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Absolutely. No argument. I have one nephew, I see a couple times a year. He's as good a kid as I've met but that's damning with faint praise. Just the same, he gets my guitars and amps except my Telecaster. That's going in the oven with me.
In the event I never have a daughter my niece will get my collectible dolls. There's no way I would want them to go to someone who is not blood and isn't someone I raised unless it's an adopted child. Otherwise, no. My niece is a good kid and I would hate seeing her denied something over someone else's kid.

What kinds of guitars do you have? Telecaster is very nice.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
In the event I never have a daughter my niece will get my collectible dolls. There's no way I would want them to go to someone who is not blood and isn't someone I raised unless it's an adopted child. Otherwise, no. My niece is a good kid and I would hate seeing her denied something over someone else's kid.

What kinds of guitars do you have? Telecaster is very nice.
Two Teles, a Strat, a Les Paul Junior with a single P90 in the bridge position, and a Yamaha AC3M acoustic-electric.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:
My single Mom friends have no issues with getting in relationships either. Hell, one of them got in a relationship when she was 5 months pregnant! She broke up with him about 2 months after the kid was born. Now, her second daughter is a bit over 1 year old and she's with a great guy that treats her and her two kids like gold.

Like I said, if the woman is attractive she will have zero issues getting into a relationship regardless of having a kid or not.
Talk about one seriously desperate man, I reckon.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

LOL, Jet you've beat the drum about single mothers you know all finding men easily, I suppose you could be right, but like I've said before, it's not top of a man's list and as crappy as it sounds, not the most desirable situation. As far as being 5 months preggers and getting into a relationship with a guy... that sounds strange as hell as no man I'd ever have known would have done that... it just doesn't seem like normal functioning behavior for a normal guy... no offense out there to the pregger women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Talk about one seriously desperate man, I reckon.
Yeah... I agree... seriously desperate.....

Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Two Teles, a Strat, a Les Paul Junior with a single P90 in the bridge position, and a Yamaha AC3M acoustic-electric.
Very cool. I'd love to hang out with you and see your guitars. I can sort of play but am not very good. I had a guitar but it broke sadly.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Very cool. I'd love to hang out with you and see your guitars. I can sort of play but am not very good. I had a guitar but it broke sadly.
Did somebody fiddle with the strings?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:41 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Meh, at least your honest.
Sorry luv

Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
You in the Bay Area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships