Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
He won't stop, because you guys will continue to engage him. He said, discuss without discussing his side.

Poor Poor Beta!
Threads like this aren't about discussion. They're about finding validation for one's views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:50 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
How dare women stand up for themselves.
And btw - I haven't ever heard a complaint from a woman thinking a guy is too helpful and sweet...
"he's nice"

you know that' means, that "i will be having sex with someone else"

Old 08-24-2010, 12:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
"he's nice"

Pretty much!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
"he's nice"

This is just something men who don't succeed with women tell themselves in order to feel better. I guess it's easier to criticize women and say they just don't like nice men than to actually have to look inward and see if they're doing or saying something that might be turning these women off.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
This is just something men who don't succeed with women tell themselves in order to feel better. I guess it's easier to criticize women and say they just don't like nice men than to actually have to look inward and see if they're doing or saying something that might be turning these women off.
OH please, ask any woman, if she describes a guy as "he's nice" and basically limits it to that, it means she (and probably everyone she knows) would have zero interest in him.

I was talking to some chick once and she was describing this one guy and said "he's nice" in this really weird voice, and I asked "he's that bad?" and she nodded..

That's what they do. You can deny it.

If she said "oh, he's a really great guy, blah blah" then she probably means it. But when they say "he's nice" it means that they would rather be with a social killer who rapes children than be with him.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:09 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Denny, who wants to look inward and say, wow I'm an azz!

Some guys need to trash women, because they aren't getting laid. Look at a women with an unattractive guy and say, how did he get her. Dude, he's not you. That's how.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:14 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
OH please, ask any woman, if she describes a guy as "he's nice" and basically limits it to that, it means she (and probably everyone she knows) would have zero interest in him.

I was talking to some chick once and she was describing this one guy and said "he's nice" in this really weird voice, and I asked "he's that bad?" and she nodded..

If she said "oh, he's a really great guy, blah blah" then she probably means it. But when they say "he's nice" it means that they would rather be with a social killer who rapes children than be with him.
Your broad assumptions are legion and erroneous and your misogyny shines through brilliantly when you refer to a woman as "some chick". You poor thing.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:

First of all, as your post just illustrated, HOW she says it makes a huge difference. Second, even if we assume you're right and that "he's nice" is just a way of saying she's not interested, the problem is that guys are using that as a crutch. I see this all the time on this forum. Guys complain how they got put into the "just friends" category because they were too nice. Maybe the real problem isn't that they were too nice or too boring, but just that they weren't right for her. But it seems like a lot of these so-called nice guys can't accept that the majority of women might not be attracted to them. And it has nothing to do with them not being a bad boy or a jerk. All I see in the threads these guys start is excuses. Oh boo hoo. She doesn't like me because I'm not a bad boy, because I'm not a jerk, etc. You know what all those excuses have in common? It blames the women for their preferences and implies there's something wrong with them for passing up the "nice" guy. In other words, she's messed in the head and there's nothing wrong with me.

I haven't had the best track record with women either. But one thing I was never afraid to do was to take an honest look at myself and see if there was something I was doing or saying that might be turning people off. And if I couldn't think of anything, I'd still ask myself if I was just pursuing the wrong women. Maybe those women knew immediately that they weren't right for me. If that's true, then they did me a favor.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Your broad assumptions are legion and erroneous and your misogyny shines through brilliantly when you refer to a woman as "some chick". You poor thing.
STT, don't steal my line. I want to pity him.

Poor poor beta!

All these loose women and you can't get some. Dude you need some reassessing. Some couch work maybe. Just sayin.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Correction on your last sentence, than rather be with YOU, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships