Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 AM

41 posts, read 64,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmabernathy View Post
you said in your other post the dog was used to being crated, but you felt bad doing it. You also stated you hated the dog. Dogs are den animals they feel comfortable in small dark places!

The dog could have been put in the bathroom, you could have left him on a chain with a bark collar until you got home and brought him in at night.

Did you take the dog to a shelter? Was there any chance of the dog being put down???

How long has your bf been gone? The other post said it was for a year but the thread was started on OCt 24th...did you really get rid of that dog in 5 days?

You could have post these questions in the pet section and asked them what to do?

What you described is not bad, it is normal for a dog going through seperation anxiety, if the dog tried to maul you or someone else that is one thing but barking and chewing-what do you think dogs do?

he left in the middle of Sep- i didnt post a question on the first day he left...
I didnt see a pet section. the shelter people said he will be adopted.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 AM

175 posts, read 750,554 times
you and your bf had issues to begin with but after doing this...Maybe you can write a letter to him about how you felt and leave no contact info, maybe he will not carry hatred for you the rest of his life, but I doubt he will forgive you.

Saying the dog will be adopted and it actually happening are 2 different things. I hope it works out though. I might be biased because I live in the south and animals are put down here in alarming numbers. Hopefully you live in a better area for pet adoptions.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 AM

The dog is not the whole issue here - I can care about an animal but first of all, I need to be concerned whether I have the ability to take care of him.

I already said I need to be gone everyday for 15 hours, I can't put him in a crate. The animal clinic people told me not to put him on a chain either because he'll choke. In fact the animal clinic suggested me to put him for adoption, saying he just needs a new home where he can get more attention. --I thought those people were experts, weren't they?

Like what I said, there are many "things" stored in the bathroom -that dog chewed on the wall and anything he could find if I put him inside the house - I already replaced the window blinds he destroyed, I'm not going to do it again unless my bf (ex-bf) pays for me.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:08 AM

881 posts, read 2,254,643 times
If you knew you were going to be gone 15 hours a day I wouldn't have agreed to take care of the dog unless you could afford doggie day-care or a pet sitter who could come by to let the dog out of the crate and walk it.

Of course he is wrong to get a dog and suddenly leave the country but a little more thought into your decisions would have spared you a lot of grief.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
You realize that with this type of post you opened yourself up to criticism by those folks who love animals more than people...

Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 AM

What has been done has been done, but it is perfectly reasonable for your bf to very very very upset, that part is not a surprise

Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
If you couldn't handle the dog you shouldn't have accepted the living arrangements. There's no such thing as a free lunch, ya know.
You missed her other thread in which this was just one of the problems.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You realize that with this type of post you opened yourself up to criticism by those folks who love animals more than people...
it has nothing to do with loving or hating anything, he's out of the country. He only knows what she tells him. He doesn't know if the blinds are chewed up, or if she fixed cracks in the dry wall, or if she painted the bedroom hot pink.

He was out of the country during the pervious post too

Is he in the military? Why is he overseas for a year anyway?

Just move out and don't look back

Old 10-29-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
What has been done has been done, but it is perfectly reasonable for your bf to very very very upset, that part is not a surprise
Okay I think I need to give more detailed information as to why I don't think he should be surprised for what I did.

Yesterday before I gave away his dog. I sent him an email and told me I'm getting sick, can't go to work, and I don't think his dog is worth my whole legal profession etc.

Here's what he responded: " If the animal clinic-people told you that you should give him away, then follow their advice. All I asked was for you to hear their advice. I hope they can connect you to the right organization. Do what you need to do. I don't control you."

So I did think he let me give the dog away - and today he flipped and said "I didn't authorize you to do this"

WTH?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
it has nothing to do with that, he's out of the country. He only knows what she tells him. He doesn't know if the blinds are chewed up, or if she fixed cracks in the dry wall, or if she painted the bedroom hot pink.

He's been out of the country for all of the pervious post too
We are not in a courtroom here - I'm only seeking different opinions, not false assumptions. I don't need to present evidence to this whole forum in order to prove what I'm saying is true. Likewise, if anyone doesn't believe my story, please don't take it in the first place.

He knew the blinds were chewed up because he saw the pictures I sent him - I don't think I'm obligated to send pictures to anyone here though.

If I were just making up stories to get some sympathy, then you could have "reasonably" believed I were just a 14 yr old child who was bored and just wanted to write something here to get attention. Don't reply then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.