Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:53 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times

Advertisements

Sounds like your bf underestimated how long it would take you to come to your senses . You were prolly just an after thought. Once he got back and the house and the dog were okay he would of dumped you. Anyway at least you taught him a valuable lesson. When you bring somebody into your life they should be the focus of your concern and not your property or pets. If he would of boarded his pet, rented his house and told you to live in a decent apartment until he got back he would still have all three of you , his house his dog and his girl friend.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
I posted questions before about what to do with my bf's house and dog.

The dog chewed on the walls and window blinds when I was gone for 15 hours everyday - so he can't be kept inside;
I chained him in the backyard, he refused to eat and kept barking - my neighbors got mad at me;
I gave him freedom in the backyard, he dug holes on the fence and started to run on the street - people knocked on my door and said they were going to call animal control people.

The dog has a habit of barking at night (the whole night), so after not getting sleep at all for couple of days, I finally got sick yesterday. I had been telling my bf that I will take the dog to a shelter for adoption, he never agreed. After hearing that I was sick, my overseas boyfriend said "you always use sickness as an excuse". " I need you to take care of my dog, stop talking about your feelings and emotions."

So I called the animal clinic, told them my situation and asked them what to do - they said it's best if I can find the dog a new home. I was trying to get in touch with my bf the whole time, he avoided any contact with me.

With no other options, I took the dog to a shelter, donated $50, and left. (they assured me he'll be adopted, cuz he's kinda good looking and still young).

So this is my boyfriend's reaction when he heard the dog was gone:

"I left the country trusting with you my dog. Now my dog is gone.You have acted against me. Repercussions are forthcoming"

I told him the dog kept me from sleeping at night, and now I'm sick and can't go to work, he said "Sick" is always the word you use when you justify any action you take, no matter what action you perform.You have access to medical care and can rest. You're not in a cage or dying.What's the matter?"

I broke up with him now. I will move out from his house ASAP, hopefully next week. Just wondering how many cheap people like him are out there in the world? I don't think there are many
Maybe he'll send you to the shelter when he gets back and you can see how that feels.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,213,545 times
Thread is closed.. OP is moving out and on. Hopefully everyone has learned something from this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.