Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times

Advertisements

you cant leave a dog alone for 15 hours a day or hes gonna do **** like that

i leave my dog alone for 9 hours a day during the work week and i feel bad. if you have a dog you really gotta adjust your life so you are there for the dog and if you cant you dont have a dog.

im staying in tonight because i got plans for a lot of tommorow for halloween and all. just something i gotta do if im gonna have a dog. didnt want to go to work today, go out after, go out again in the morning and then night too tommorow

Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,245,563 times
Sounds like a future Jerry Springer show. UFB.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:52 PM

41 posts, read 63,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You're circumstances changed when you took a job 50miles away. Hes an irresponsible jack-wagon and had no promblem relaying what he wanted done in the house and how much money he needed from you after you started working.

It was only a matter of time before neighbors made enough complaints and the dog would have been taken by the humane society.

If it were me, I would have found someone who did animal resues, through the internet or a referral, it might not be to late.
you mean i should take the dog back from the shelter and find someone through the internet (like craiglist) to take care of the dog (just to make sure the dog wont be killed)? Well, problem is he now wanted his dog - he does not wanted to give it away to anyone, he wanted the dog for himself; but then none of his friends/family wanted the dog.

It was mainly because of the change of circumstances ( I unexpectedly got a job far away) that made the agreement between us hard to enforce (I started working after he left, so there was no way I could even have foreseen what would happen).

Old 10-29-2010, 07:04 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller1985 View Post
sounds like you would rather lose your job, end up starving together with a dog, other than give him a new home.
You didn't give him a new home. You mistreated him and then dumped him. I hope he finds a good home but if not, I hope you at least left him at a shelter that practices humane euthanasia. Your whole situation makes me sick.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
you mean i should take the dog back from the shelter and find someone through the internet (like craiglist) to take care of the dog (just to make sure the dog wont be killed)? Well, problem is he now wanted his dog - he does not wanted to give it away to anyone, he wanted the dog for himself; but then none of his friends/family wanted the dog.

I know you thought this was right decison at the time, maybe you didn't think out all the options for the dog.

He should have been as concerned about his dog that was left at home for 15hrs a day and finding a resolution as he was his home improvemnts. Who cares what he wants.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
You didn't give him a new home. You mistreated him and then dumped him. I hope he finds a good home but if not, I hope you at least left him at a shelter that practices humane euthanasia. Your whole situation makes me sick.
Why don't you come up with some ideas that you don't feel sick about? I only saw complains from your posts. Are they worth reading?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
You LIVE there so you aren't just taking care of HIS house. You seem to accept no responsibility whatsoever and are just a free rider. You aren't an animal person and have no business being with someone who is. All you've done is gripe, complain and ***** about the house and the bf and the dog.

No way a dog can be alone for 15 hours loose - the proper thing would have been to get an indoor crate or to take the dog and take him to a place that boards dogs when people are gone...but to take it to a shelter - are you f'ing kidding me. I can't even say what I would do to you.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You aren't an animal person and have no business being with someone who is.
I wouldn't say hes an animal person.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You LIVE there so you aren't just taking care of HIS house. You seem to accept no responsibility whatsoever and are just a free rider. You aren't an animal person and have no business being with someone who is. All you've done is gripe, complain and ***** about the house and the bf and the dog.

No way a dog can be alone for 15 hours loose - the proper thing would have been to get an indoor crate or to take the dog and take him to a place that boards dogs when people are gone...but to take it to a shelter - are you f'ing kidding me. I can't even say what I would do to you.
Well, if I'm not an animal person, I'm afraid I have to say you don't even sound like a human. Threatening a human for the sake of animal is unjustified. Period.

Do you want the dog since you care so much about him? I could buy him back and ship him to you.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Why don't you come up with some ideas that you don't feel sick about? I only saw complains from your posts. Are they worth reading?
It's too late now but you could have trained the dog and exercised him. You could have paid to take him to daycare or paid for someone to come over while you were gone and walk him and play with him. You could have provided him with some mentally stimulating toys while you were gone. You could have NOT chained him up and left him outside to be bored, lonely and a nuisance to the neighbors.

You could have made a real effort to discuss things with your boyfriend and made him help you find the dog a new home. You were living rent free in his home and agreed to take care of the dog. Just because your work situation changed doesn't mean it's okay to go back on what you said you would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships