Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 01:30 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,107,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcop View Post
Old fashioned I guess, but before I got married alot of the women I dated were single parents. Bacause of this, knowing money can be tight, I always paid, and would often catch the babysitter. When invited over for Sunday afternoon football I would offer to pick up pizza/chicken etc.. If we hit it off I would also suggest dinner and moive with the kids, my treat. This is not because I felt I had to, it was because I wanted to and could afford it. Being a single parent myself I understood the budget breaker a date could be for some. I was blessed with a good job and a dinner/moive was not a financial burden for the week. Money is made to be spent not just saved.

Life is short, you had a good afternoon, don't let the price of one meal ruin it.
crashcop, I like the way you think. What a thoughtful person you are. That's cool.

I've never went out with a guy that wanted me to pay or let me pay (not even for the tip), even if on occasions, I offered to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,338,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcop View Post
Old fashioned I guess, but before I got married alot of the women I dated were single parents. Bacause of this, knowing money can be tight, I always paid, and would often catch the babysitter. When invited over for Sunday afternoon football I would offer to pick up pizza/chicken etc.. If we hit it off I would also suggest dinner and moive with the kids, my treat. This is not because I felt I had to, it was because I wanted to and could afford it. Being a single parent myself I understood the budget breaker a date could be for some. I was blessed with a good job and a dinner/moive was not a financial burden for the week. Money is made to be spent not just saved.

Life is short, you had a good afternoon, don't let the price of one meal ruin it.
Hey are u married? I really like old school...it is way way more better

Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,400,274 times
Back-off sun queen, he's mine !

Old 07-07-2007, 02:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,404,872 times
Hey I think I live closer to him! And before leaving WA I should take one of those cruises to AK Oh, I was talking about Rance. He's single for the moment

Old 07-07-2007, 03:05 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,400,274 times
I thought Rance was taken ?!!?

Old 07-07-2007, 03:36 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,235,125 times
first 1-3 dates? I'll pay. because I did the asking out.

After that, we can even it out from there.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:48 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,906,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Dinner...x amount of dollars. Wine (or whatever)...x amount of dollars. Having a date to have dinner with...priceless.
Awww. ......I'll have dinner with you if my husband says it's ok. We can go Sizzler and he can watch the baby.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:18 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,862,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Awww. ......I'll have dinner with you if my husband says it's ok. We can go Sizzler and he can watch the baby.
Sizzler! Haven't been to one of those in a long time. I am on a diet until August...when my date comes to Alaska.
Not sure how she feels...but I consider myself...taken...

Old 07-07-2007, 04:26 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,235,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
you're married

Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 PM

11,398 posts, read 24,480,429 times
I guess I'm glad I read this dating etiquette thread. Last night I went on a long and entertaining date and my companion paid for everything. This afternoon I treated us to an early dinner. I think he really appreciated it.

Too tired to go on more date tonight, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships