Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloot310 View Post
There's a personal trainer at my gym that Ive been talking to for about a year. She has a boyfriend...
No need to read further. Look elsewhere and flirt with someone else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 AM

355 posts, read 615,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No need to read further. Look elsewhere and flirt with someone else...
...yeah, and make sure to bring a bunch of towels.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Yeah man, that was pretty lame. Have no fear though, you can still salvage this one.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:18 AM

355 posts, read 615,948 times
Hm. The whole towels thing aside, it actually made me wonder. What can he do to get that girl? What would you guys do? So...
1. She is probably really hot (personal trainer, never met an ugly one)
2. Gets a lot of male attention
3. Has a boyfriend
4. And our OP is obviously in the friend zone (or perhaps even in the "staff-client" zone). For about 1 year. +Got rejected by her at least once already.

I bet something can be done...
Hey, OP are you rich? Really good looking maybe?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:26 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Sounds pretty gross to me. Also sounds like you might need to go ahead and throw in the towel on this one.
Yeah that's gross. :/ sorry
If she's known you're interested for a year and has never suggested she is too, then she's definetely not.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:30 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,305,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
What can he do to get that girl? What would you guys do?
Nothing. He has no personal relationship with her at all and has been unsucessful in creating one for a year. Stop trying. Move on to another prospect. Probably shouldn't have even tried in the first place since you know she has a boyfriend and you're not nearly smooth enough (at least yet ) to take a really fit chick away from someone else.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,429 times
I'll make this easy for you. She knows you want her and she has zero interest in you whatsoever. She's even enjoying tormenting you. Plus she has no sense of humor.

So explain again why you're interested?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:21 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
There's a personal trainer at my gym that Ive been talking to for about a year. She has a boyfriend, but flirts alot through body language, eye contact, smiling, etc. I get the impression that either she's doing this for attention and/or maybe looking for a new boyfriend. Sometimes I approach her and she could not be friendlier. Other times, she's in "work-out" mode and comes off as rude and not open to talking, which I can relate to. Anyway, she knows Im interested and have been for a while.

Understand this, she is a personal trainer, hence she trains people and gets clients for the purpose of additional income. Of course she's going to be flirty, smiling, friendly ,etc... Who would want to hire a personal trainer that wasn't all of those things??

There is a rule at my gym that all people must have a workout towel with them for sanitation purposes. Ive been sent home by the front desk before for not bringing one. This girl never uses a towel (you'd think of all people, staff would use one). So, today, I walked by her while she was on a treadmill and asked what happened to her workout towel. She said it was in her office. I then offered to let her borrow my towel and she declined.

You offered her your SWEAT towel Are ya kidding? Even if it wasn't used, it's the idea behind it. I'd be grossed out if some guy offered his towel to me.

This was about 90% intended to be flirtatious by me - I was just trying to joke with her, give her a hard time, etc. She never really sweats and I could care less about it. The other 10% is slightly bothered by the double standard- that Ive been sent home for this and she appears to be above the rules.

She works for the gym, you don't.

Anyway, at the time she didn't appear to take it as a joke. She didn't really laugh even though I said it with a smile on my face.

Was this really poor judgment on my part? Does she have a right to be mad at me in any way? I meant it to be a flirtatious joke, but she did not appear to pick up on my humor.
Yes poor judgement and just not even funny or charming in any way. How about instead of doing weird-o things, you just try striking up a conversation or go to her for workout advice, start with a common denominator. At the end of the day though, she has a b/f so I'd just move on.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 AM

25 posts, read 22,768 times
Are you one of those dudes who go to the gym thinking that every girl wants to go back with you? Thats lame dude.

Girls like to know they are being checked out at the gym as do guys. This doesnt mean they want you. I thought most dudes learned this at age 17. She just wants to turn guy's heads to feel hot. That is it. She doesnt want a creepy guy who looks at her at the gym and stalks her FB page. Girls go after guys more for personality and confidence. Although talking to a girl at the gym does take confidence, so you got that goin.

Girls always make eye contact when I am at the gym, stretch in front of me, etc. It doesnt mean they want me. Girls arent like guys who choose sexual partners on physical aspects alone. But they do love to be noticed.

I have a feeling you can use your towel as something else by yourself. As a ___(3 letters) rag.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Yeah she rolled her eyes at me a couple weeks ago after I asked her what she was for Halloween, so it was kinda payback for that (I had been ignoring her until that towel comment).
With respect, you sound like a woman. A lonely woman.

Quote:
Of course I was joking when I asked her if she wanted to borrow my towel.
I don't believe it. I think you were testing the water.

Quote:
What are the odds she'll have a towel with her tomorrow?
Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Quote:
What are the odds I'll be dating her by the end of the year?
You come from money so there's a shot but it'll cost.

Quote:
Dude you should see how this girl acts.
She's toying with you. If you see her with the boyfriend, she'll probably behave more like a tiger with him. For you and the drooling fools, she's more like a peacock.

Quote:
Also, I have a solution for what I did today.
LOL. You're a glutton for humiliation!

Don't. Just act as if offering your towel is something normal people would do and don't mention it.

Unfortunately, the way you talk about her, I think she'll probably joke with you about it. If she does, just act as if it's normal to share towels.

Quote:
When I offered her my towel, it was before my workout.
Yeah right. That's why you offered it to her with a smirk? If she's stupid enough to buy that, stay away from her because between each of yours' negative IQ scores, the children are sure to be intellectual black holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships