Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Owning your own business is awesome, but yea, it will ground you. Pros and cons.
Yea, I wish I could make what I do over the internet. Then I could then move around the globe and pretty much live anywhere.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 PM

84 posts, read 169,463 times
Someone told me my freshman year of HS that German woman make the best wives. I've always wondered to this day 15 years later if thats true or not. I"ve always had a major crush on asian woman especially. Now that im single again, maybe I should just give up on American woman in general and look abroad.

But that begs the question, how can I do that while still living in the good old US of A? Besides the tacky, low and downright questionable tactic of mail order brides which my moral compass wouldn't let me do anyway.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 PM

55 posts, read 49,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I agree with you, but with all due respect, women are taking on a greater risk onto themselves by swinging their legs open to degenerate males (ie STDs, emotional devastation).

Also, being that women are the gatekeepers of life, women cause greater harm to society when their bastard offspring grows up and runs wild (because of daddy issues). I know it takes two, but if he did not rape you, then it was consensual.

I just don't get it, I have always been told women mature faster then boys but the choices I have seen women make in men alone (ie, crack addict, serial womanizers, criminals) is simply not backing up what I have been told all my life.

Thank you. Have seen this story play out way too many times all over the place and have women blame there being 'no good men' left to boot. There are bad men out there, and bad women. Sometimes you have someone good and they turn out to be bad, even with good judgment. That's just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

My mother married a 'good guy' who turned out to be an abusive degenerate a decade later. After her divorce, with three kids, she had very little problems dating and eventually married a nice single man w/o kids (my mother had three including me).

Not all women make those bad choices of course, but unfortunately many do. I don't know about going overseas. There are plenty of good women here. You just have to be careful, and even after being careful, things can go wrong. That's just life.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Braunwyn, it's really simple, when it comes to relationships I have mostly socialized and had romantic relatinshi*s with American women and I just took the abuse like a champ because I thought it was "normal". You know, "man up".

However, it wasn't until I traveled and met women from other countries and noticed a STARK difference. The foreign women were nice, sweet, friendly, many had ZERO tattoos, had more things to say (due to better education), really CARED about my well being and DEMONSTRATED IT, had better mannerisms, cooked, were open to sex, and were well within their weight (+/-).

I'm sorry, I can't do it anymore. I have seen the light, I'm done with western girls. You could win the Nobel prize (and I hope you do) and I would still stick to my guns and go my own way.
I hope you don't think I'm trying to convince you to do anything. People should do whatever makes them happy. I'm just sharing my experiences. I was very specific with what I wanted in a mate as well and I got him. He's one in a million just as any partner should be.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I hope you don't think I'm trying to convince you to do anything. People should do whatever makes them happy. I'm just sharing my experiences. I was very specific with what I wanted in a mate as well and I got him. He's one in a million just as any partner should be.
And your experiences are duly noted Braunwyn.

Respectfully,

Calicali

Old 12-12-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
Thank you. Have seen this story play out way too many times all over the place and have women blame there being 'no good men' left to boot. There are bad men out there, and bad women. Sometimes you have someone good and they turn out to be bad, even with good judgment. That's just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

My mother married a 'good guy' who turned out to be an abusive degenerate a decade later. After her divorce, with three kids, she had very little problems dating and eventually married a nice single man w/o kids (my mother had three including me).
+1

Quote:
Not all women make those bad choices of course, but unfortunately many do. I don't know about going overseas. There are plenty of good women here. You just have to be careful, and even after being careful, things can go wrong. That's just life.
Oh, I'm sure there are, they are probably immigrant women. But also, the STD rates in north America are getting out of control! Herpes is now called Scarlet H because it's spreading like wildfire.

So even if I do find a decent girl most likely I would have to deal with an STD. I have overheard plenty of American women say a guy like me is not worth any salt simply because I would not date a woman with an STD.

Unbelievable. These STDs are becoming more virulent and resistant to drugs why should I sign up to acquire a virus like that?

Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 PM

STDs on the rise. I agree. Having to put up with an STD? Maybe if you want to. Not I! Lol. I know plenty of people who demand their partner show them papers proving they're clean before they do anything (though I'd imagine you could fabricate papers if you were a dweeb).

I've never had anyone tell me I wasn't worth anything because I wouldn't put up with an STD. I wouldn't think much of anyone who told me that either. Why put your own health at risk. Seriously, the only way to avoid STDs all together is to abstain. Plain and simple. If you're involved in any sexual activity whatsoever, your chances of getting something goes up ten fold. Condom or no condom (obviously more w/o). You can get Herpes by other means than plain intercourse for example. Then there are those who engage in oral w/o a condom and have intercourse with one. Lol. As if you couldn't catch Herpes through oral.

It's a jungle out there! You gotta be very, very careful!

I am first generation (my parents were immigrants). I tend to stick to first generation or immigrant women (i.e. born elsewhere, but raised here, are citizens). That's not hard to do here in NY.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
LOL. You should talk to JasonCrowley who posted earlier on this thread. He seems to think single mothers don't have any trouble finding men to date the. Obviously those men don't think like you. Which of you is right about single mothers then?
Straight B.S. Anyone who thinks Single Mothers have a real tough time dating in 2010 (like near impossible), must not travel or be in some weird circles. We're not talking about the Octomom here, and this isn't the 60s. Please tell this to the tons of 20 and 30 somethings women in clubs out here in NY, out in LA, DC, Atlanta and Chicago who take care of their bodies and look beyond good. They may go out every other weekend because they have their kids during the week. They have tons of men approaching them all of the time and date frequently! They're not walking around with signs that say, "I have kids" on my head, and if a woman is looking great, she will be approached. Plain and simple. If you're in your late 20s+ and discount women w/kids, your chances of dating will drop considerably.

Ending up with responsible, mature men? Tough perhaps, but that's something woman w/o kids have to put up with too.The woman with kids has more responsibilities and has more to think about. Messed up that a man may overlook a woman because she has kids? Perhaps, but its his right, just as a woman feels she's justified in turning down a man who is 5'7 because she doesn't feel 'comfortable' or 'protected'. Lol. Try telling a 5'2 man that its his fault that he's not dating, or that he's going after the wrong women. Lol. Women as an aggregate group want taller, taller, taller. If he's not Prince, or Dudley Moore, he's going to have a very tough time. A much tougher time than almost any single mom who looks decent. Women will turn him down time and time again on looks alone, w/o getting to know the guy! The single mother has a much better chance at meeting. Or what about the single mothers who want the Tall, Dark and Handsome types too? They (single moms) are also a part of the competition! Upset that a good looking 6'2 man with a muscular bod turned you down for your equal w/o kids? So what! He's no different than the busty blonde who turned down the 5'5 millionaire for the 6 ft millionaire. It's because she could do that!

A woman with 3+ kids perhaps, a woman with baby daddy drama may scare off a man too, a woman above 45, perhaps as well (or not as all of her kids could be well over 18), but that's the way the cookie crumbles! You have men who are dogs and men who may want to start a family from scratch, and that's his right! That said, there are plenty of men who would not mind dating a woman with children and do! Many women with kids remarry. Not a few, not very few. MANY, MANY, MANY! Happens all the time out here in NY! Not uncommon to see a woman with kids dating a man who has none or some himself! Just as if she were w/o kids, the better she looks, and the more she has her stuff together, the better off she is!

I am Hispanic and am around a lot of minorities though (Hispanics, Blacks, Caribbeans). Perhaps its a cultural thing.

Last edited by JasonCrowley; 12-13-2010 at 12:32 AM..

Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,036 times
^Yikes! You are the reason why I like Eastern European women much more than women in the states. This nation is too much into what women want and not what men want. Men want a responsible and mature person and its such a shame that its the hardest thing to find here in the states.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Women dont have signs on their head that says I like Men over a certian height
Do you go around with a sign on your head listing what your dealbreakers are? I doubt it. If you want to know ahead of time what a woman wants and doesn't want, then try online dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
a woman's body, a woman's choice........... f*** it, the guy's responsible. you gotta be the biggest whitest knight on the internet.
No, I'm just not a woman-hating whiner who employs double standards, that's all. If a woman gets accidentally pregnant, the responsibility falls on BOTH parties. Just because it's the woman's body doesn't absolve the man of anything. But I guess in your mind, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I have met tons of American men in my short, young life. Some of them have done rude things to me, or I have seen them do horrible things to other people. BUT, all of the men in my family are American men, and they are some of the nicest men I know. Especially my father, and I will be d#mned if I spit back in his face, call him trash, and date only foreign guys just because of what other men in this country have done.
It's funny to listen to these guys talk about how terrible all American women are. Generalizations are for the lazy. I know a guy who's Jewish. He complains that all the Jewish girls he meets are shallow gold diggers looking to marry doctors or lawyers. So now he has a "No Jewish Girls" rule. There was a poster on here who dated a single mom and had a bad experience. So now he's sworn off dating any other single mom. Seems pretty stupid to me to rule out an entire class of people all because you've had a bad experience with a small percentage of them. I wonder how these men would feel if a women rejected them by saying "I won't date you because you're an American and all the American guys I've met were jerks." Heaven forbid that you give a person a chance to prove they're different.

Quote:
Straight B.S. Anyone who thinks Single Mothers have a real tough time dating in 2010 (like near impossible), must not travel or be in some weird circles. We're not talking about the Octomom here, and this isn't the 60s. Please tell this to the tons of 20 and 30 somethings women in clubs out here in NY, out in LA, DC, Atlanta and Chicago who take care of their bodies and look beyond good. They may go out every other weekend because they have their kids during the week. They have tons of men approaching them all of the time and date frequently! They're not walking around with signs that say, "I have kids" on my head, and if a woman is looking great, she will be approached. Plain and simple. If you're in your late 20s+ and discount women w/kids, your chances of dating will drop considerably.
The only thing that's BS is your argument. You talk about how women with kids have no trouble being approached by men. But there's a big difference between getting dates and finding a long-term partner. If a single mom has lots of guys asking her out, but they're only after sex, I doubt she's going to be saying she has a great dating life, unless of course all she wants is sex. Finding a long-term partner isn't easy, but it's especially hard for women with kids because a lot of guys don't want to deal with the extra issues that come up when a woman has kids. Do I agree with them? No. I've dated women with kids before and will probably do so again. But that doesn't make me oblivious to how other men feel. Sure you can look around and see plenty of women with kids in serious relationships. Once again, you're relying on the "people I see" defense, something that you earlier said I couldn't employ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships