Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 04:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I agree with ya. There's good women in certain states, but in the minority. There's nothing wrong with American men going overseas, but feminists and manginas hate that and will belittle real men for that. Real Western men know how bad the dating scene is in the West. And if an American men bring their foreign wives back to America, local women and feminists will try their best to break them up, if they find out that the wife is not American.

You got a lot of points regarding Eastern European women. Though I think it's a shame that feminism is already rampant in parts overseas like Sweden, Japan, UK, and Germany.
I think this is an issue, at least from my perspective. I could not care less what you guys do- go overseas, become gay, join a monastery, whatever. I don't care about your day-to-day any more than you care about mine. And I highly doubt most folk give two figs what you do. The problem is the insults. American women are stupid, superficial, uninteresting, don't have hobbies, are problematic. So, essentially I am being told that I am all of those things with hindsight disclaimers that some women are not those things. Further, all husbands married to American women aren't real men.

Then, this is all followed up by shocked dismay and anger that people are actually getting insulted by the insults. It's not rational.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,653,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I like how people jump onto generalizations to try and prove a point.
I like how people who themselves make sweeping generalizations about women accuse others of making generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
There's nothing wrong with American men going overseas, but feminists and manginas hate that and will belittle real men for that.
Real men don't feel the need to call men who disagree with them manginas. Seriously, could you broadcast your insecurity and lack of self-esteem any louder?

Quote:
You don't like to learn about the truth do you?
Too bad what you've been spouting isn't truth, but just your opinion.

Quote:
There is nothing I can do to change a stupid person.
By calling her stupid, you basically reveal that your argument has no merit. Only the people who can't provide convincing evidence to support their positions resort to calling those who disagree with them stupid.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,069,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sorry, but most overweight men do not fit into the body builder outlier set nor are they usually the one's offended by BMI to make the argument. The US in not up in arms over the health of body builders. Poor health and stupidity is becoming an increasingly significant issue.

Well, that's how folk are and have always been. There are outliers, but generally folk of similar beauty, education, class, culture, etc, couple. And sure, location matters.

Being independent is simply a matter of conducting yourself as adult. I do not buy into this ridiculous 'too independent' argument. It's nonsense. And lets be clear about your posts, you prefer unemployed or underemployed women. It turns you on. It speaks to your situation and you obviously are naturally geared towards women in a similar situation, but to refer to women who have their shyte together as ******* is thoughtless. Not that this attitude is surprising.

I don't give a flying fig what annoys you. Be clear, mother's typically care about their children. I do not view you in that light. You lament over women spending, thereby being irresponsible, and out of the other side of your mouth state that you are attracted to women that are irresponsible (un or underemployed with no interest in getting ahead- your words).

I don't care what you're going to do. You are dependent, which is fine. Our society is set up to care for those that cannot care for themselves to a degree. You are in no position to judge anybody,tho, - in spending, work-wise, or any space, let alone dishing out allowances.

And this is why there are bound to be MANY failures. I wish we didnt have the choice to be dependant or independant or I wish I had a choice growing up about some things that would have prevented me to be where I am right now. It was not like this in the old days ntm parents who have went easy on their kids do not solve the problem any either. I know why its taking me longer. I still want a similar minded person. I have nothing in common or little in common with a careerwoman like 30 yrs old or so.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
This is very true. I believe men have the shorter end of the stick in Dating because Women are the choosers. Men the pursuers.

A woman could be broke - Won't ruin her dating prospects
A woman could be unemployed - Won't ruin her dating prospects
A woman could have children - May raise an eyebrow, but not ruin her dating prospects
A woman could be short - Won't ruin her dating prospects
A woman could be borderline obese - Will compromise her dating prospects, but won't ruin them
A woman could live home with mom - Won't ruin her dating prospects

Let a man be in any of those situations, especially unemployed, living with mom, short or have lots of extra pounds.... Money might be able to balance the scales, but you'll hear all kinds of disgusting talk about a man if a woman was dating a man with any of these issues. If the woman is in this situation, you most likely wouldn't think twice about it.

The only way out if you're a man in this situation is hooking up with a cougar with more money and not caring about a mans financial status because she has plenty of it OR if you are lucky enough to be like Adam Sandler in Big Daddy where he meets someone who makes a lot. Otherwise, you are most likely ****ed. I also believe its judged regionally where more cougars may exist. Its not like its everywhere at all.

Right now someone could be interested in me, time will tell if its really true or not though. This girl lives at home and is kinda broke sorta like me albeit 10 yrs younger.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,141,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I read an article recently that was depressing. Basically it said that as the population continues to get fatter, the attractiveness of the dating pool will decrease . The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door. One of the main consequences of this will be even more flaking by attractive women. Even today flaking is an epidemic. Over the past 6 months i've been going out a lot. Even if I make out with a girl and she gives me her number I still had a high flake rate.

Flaking is basically when a girl (or guy) goes ghost after the initial contact. From Urban dictonary: to be unreliable, and/or absent-minded, flighty, fickle. Generally unresponsible. A person who uses inaccurate excuses to mask thier non appearance to events, person who says one thing but does another.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ladies, do guys flake on you? Do you find this a problem as well?

Its crazy out there for the single men. There's a lot of competition out there especially with the rise of online dating. For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 guys trying to get her.

But on a positive note: Staying in shape should pay HUGE dividends in the future. With the increase in in obesity a fit body will be highly sought after.
As people get heavier, their standards also get heavier. The idealized female body type for most men of today probably has a higher body fat percentage (though certainly not obese or even overweight) than the ideal 10 or 20 years ago. "Curves" have made a comeback, and the women who sport them tend to be a little heavier than those who don't. This observation is not just anecdotal: I read about a study (I forgot who did it) that revealed that men are more accepting of overweight women than before.

Also, I don't notice many more fat people under the age of 25-30 than I did 10 or 15 years ago. (It seems that as soon as a woman bears a child, which here usually occurs in the mid 20s - early 30s at the latest for middle-class, college-educated women, gains a ton of weight and cuts her hair) I would more worry about text messaging and paranoia about "creepers", "stalkers", and "freaks" and "friends with benefits"-type arrangements being the downfall of dating than increased weight.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
And this is why there are bound to be MANY failures. I wish we didnt have the choice to be dependant or independant or I wish I had a choice growing up about some things that would have prevented me to be where I am right now. It was not like this in the old days ntm parents who have went easy on their kids do not solve the problem any either. I know why its taking me longer. I still want a similar minded person. I have nothing in common or little in common with a careerwoman like 30 yrs old or so.
Well, I don't know about the reasoning behind why folk make their choices when it comes to being self-sufficient. It's really for another thread. Either way, I don't care who you are with or why. Have a happy time of it. It's the ,sweeping insults at women in general that I take issue with. I suppose I should consider the source and feel some compassion, tho.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:18 PM

On a side note, I tried to read through this thread, but I am through playing catch up. This forum moves extremely fast.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Here's the bad news. You will never be happy with a woman from overseas either. You have issues and you don't even know it. These issues are going to stand between you and happiness until the day you die unless you do something about it. Who knows, work on your issues and you very well may end up happily in love with a foreign woman. Or she could be American. But for sure, either way you are going to keep on failing in relationships so long as you have this attitude.

Time for you to figure out why you can't tell the difference between a bad woman and a good woman. It's like this - what would you say to me if I claimed, "All men are abusers. The last five boyfriends I've had beat me up." You would be thinking I am attracted to losers because I have fixated on something stupid, like the sexy bad boy type. This is very similar to how you have lived your life.

At least I don't desire to look overseas.. I am not that bad off.
I may have my troubles, but I don't exactly say "Oh they're all overseas". And like you said, I think when you find yourself, you could meet a european/asian who moved here when you are happy with yourself. I already know its a recipe for disaster to bring someone overseas. They end up divorcing you in the end when they get more americanized or after they used you for all you have.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Wrong. Nice try to discourage him.

Many man by the thousands go overseas and fine higher quality women.

Maybe if you move there and live, but bringing them here doesn't usually end well.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I dont like online dating even aside from the fact that short Men and Men in general online are at a disadvantage i think its better to meet people face to face first..

I am 6'4 and had a hard time on dating sites especially Plentyoffish so yes indeed much online dating is misses.

I did manage to meet someone from POF and she is now on my facebook. If you make it that far, you're good by me.

In the event she wasn't a lock, I would just either go on OkCupid or look even harder for friends/singles groups to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.