Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 02:44 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,792,483 times

Advertisements

Yes, thank you for sharing that story about your DD with us Kalogirl!! It is wonderful to know that Robyn has someone like you in her RL:-) I can't wait to see the pics of the House of Chimes and Robyn and the children!

Blessings and hugs from ~HDL~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 03:16 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,080,144 times
Oh my! And to think we thought we'd wrung this Thread dry! Thanks for a lovely post Kalogirl ~ you and Robyn sound like "two peas in a pod." Wondering how many children you have. Someday I can see you ladies starting your own support group for single Mom's ~ I'll bet it would be very well attended. Stay safe yourself and enjoy this beautiful fall weather!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:28 PM

283 posts, read 524,474 times
Thanks MsV and HDL. I hope you both enjoyed this beautiful Sunday. It's funny, Rob and I were talking earlier, I said, guess I'm your evil twin lol Or maybe we're yin/yang? I personally have two wonderful children, a 17 y.o. son and 12 y.o. daughter, who are the loves on my life. Don't know how long i'll be single, I am engaged lol. Just more enforcement to R that life does go on after heartbreak. Thanks again for your wonderful words, hope to take pics on Tues for Robyn to share with you all.

(((((hugs)))))) C

Old 09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,080,144 times
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT, KALO!
That makes you an even more special friend, to know that in the midst of your own happiness, you've lent an ear, shoulder, hand to a girlfriend ~ it's the best way to make use of all the painful lessons you've learned yourself. How wonderful you are!

Many thanks for setting up the picture date with Robyn and the kids! We'd all LOVE to see them happily swinging on the porch or just sitting on the steps ~ I think it's a wonderful way to chronicle their new beginning ~ and Robyn could include the pic in her book when it get's published! Thank you again.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:41 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,394,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsV View Post
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT, KALO!
That makes you an even more special friend, to know that in the midst of your own happiness, you've lent an ear, shoulder, hand to a girlfriend ~ it's the best way to make use of all the painful lessons you've learned yourself. How wonderful you are!

Many thanks for setting up the picture date with Robyn and the kids! We'd all LOVE to see them happily swinging on the porch or just sitting on the steps ~ I think it's a wonderful way to chronicle their new beginning ~ and Robyn could include the pic in her book when it get's published! Thank you again.
You guys tracked her down for PICTURES! LOL MsV...you should be a part of my book.... your pic will have to be on there as well... uh huh

You too Synopsis

Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 AM

283 posts, read 524,474 times
Thank you, thank you ((((hugs)))) No Robs, I offered. What a better way to show everyone your wonderful new start? And this is a new start, of fresh beginnings and new promises. Trust me my friend, just when you think things are at their bleakest, look deep inside, the Lord has more strength in reserve, just let Him do His thing. Miracles are all around us.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 PM

151 posts, read 703,707 times
All I can say is I read, and related, can't advise. Unless someone has some diagnosis for what causes them to be a certain, I'll just be one of those that says "whats between a woman and man, we can never know..." I just hope there is hope, and that what love you all had may survive...if not...highways go south, north, east and west, and I promise I'm not being sarcastic...I wish you and your family the best there is...(watch the eyes though). best

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM

338 posts, read 1,370,528 times
Prayers for anyone here struggling, disappointed, or hurting from a relationship with a "significant other" whether that person is a mate, child, parent, sibling, relative, or friend.

Sometimes all we need to do in a day is... nothing but to let go.
Sometimes all we need to say in response is ... nothing, while we're listening in patient, compassionate silence to the message the other person is attempting to convey. Our of the mouth come the words of the heart... listen for those words - they are a part of the keys to unlocking what ails a relationship or situation.
Pray without ceasing.
Love as you were first loved.
Accept one who's faith is weak/er.
A soft answer turns away hostility/wrath.
Loves always hopes.
Perseverance must run its race so you may be mature and complete lacking nothing.

Hang in there. Draw lines where needed, and be wise, but be loving above all things.

Peace ~

Old 02-28-2008, 04:04 AM

I suppose, all these so very many months later, I cannot let this resurface, and not say a word.

I have come so far since ending this thread and beginning the next chapter. My life has changed so much. I cannot even say tenfold, for it has been so much more than that.

I sit here ont hsi morning, not having seen the sky yet. During this time, and back in the beginning, the sky, for the most part was just the sky. But it changed. everything changed.

Turn after turn in what was my natures superdome, my eyes opened. They opened to my life, and they opened to my Lord. They opened to all that was around me.

My life had now changed. Everything had changed. it still changes. Each day moving me closer to being whole. Content.

I walk along.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Sometimes my mind drifts back to these threads. I believe there are four of them, this being the first. I think of where I have been, and where I have come. Life has taken me to many different places. Right now I imagine I am in the best place yet, and it just gets better.

A thread I was in today made me think of how different the threads on the Relationships used to be. There was not as much drama nor was there all of the different types of attaching.

I don't expect anyone to pick this thread up from the beginning and start reading it as it is old and quite lengthy and there are the three that follow it. What I do every once in a while when I come across them is click here or there and reflect.

My life has been up and down and I have ridden it like some kind of roller coaster. Right now it is very safe to say I am so much happier and content in my life. Bach then was a time of living and learning and getting through what I thought I never could. I got through and I faltered here and there but today I am happy and I am grateful. I have been blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships