Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 04:42 PM

289 posts, read 1,140,643 times

Advertisements

Robyn, the house sounds fantastic! I too like the idea that there are several law-enforcement types living nearby. If I were you I'd make sure Jim knows that, too; maybe a casual remark along the lines of "Oh and I met some of the neighbors, they're all very nice, in fact a couple of them are cops and said they make it a habit to keep an eye on what's going on in the neighborhood...."

So.. you ARE definitely taking the place, aren't you? Yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 05:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StanleyCups View Post
Robyn, the house sounds fantastic! I too like the idea that there are several law-enforcement types living nearby. If I were you I'd make sure Jim knows that, too; maybe a casual remark along the lines of "Oh and I met some of the neighbors, they're all very nice, in fact a couple of them are cops and said they make it a habit to keep an eye on what's going on in the neighborhood...."

So.. you ARE definitely taking the place, aren't you? Yes?
If I can get him the deposit next week, I am... I do believe, I am

Old 08-11-2007, 05:42 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,669,583 times
That is great news Robyn. Just picturing this house in my mind's eye and it sounds so lovely. Wonderful that it is in a choice neighborhood as well and great neighbors in the police.

You know, this will go a long way towards your petition for custody of the children. Nice stable home environment in a great safe setting and a real homey home.

God definately has His hand all over this, just been guiding you to this particular spot.

I am very happy for you and your children.

blessings...aiangel

Old 08-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
The house sounds great...how much of a deposit does he want? How are the schools? If you take it, is there any way the kids could begin at the start of the year, even if a week before you officially move in?

Also like that law enforcement live in the area. You have a lot to process!
The house is greater than great. And he just did some new upsates on things, she was telling me, too.

They will be in the same school system. Lindsay only just starts Middle school this year, and they have decided to place her actually at the school zoned for this area. Alexander has on year left in middle school, and i think he will be ok with it... it is a much better school....less roaches to boot! eww. But those are his complaints! He was a bit upset to hear that she was being placed there. It is a good school. More learning, less violence. Full accredidation and the school is exactly halfway between that house and my work.

They can start at the beginning of the year, which would so be cutting it close, by a day or two, but if i can get him this depost, and get moved in that weekend, I will have known the address of where I am going to move, and I can get an appt with the court. School board is adjacent to my work, just like the courthouse. They are on either side of me.

I can run down to the schoolboard, as soon as I know I can get this man his deposit and change the address pending. They will be on the docket for that school.

The move in date would be sept 1, school starts sept 4

Old 08-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
That is great news Robyn. Just picturing this house in my mind's eye and it sounds so lovely. Wonderful that it is in a choice neighborhood as well and great neighbors in the police.

You know, this will go a long way towards your petition for custody of the children. Nice stable home environment in a great safe setting and a real homey home.

God definately has His hand all over this, just been guiding you to this particular spot.

I am very happy for you and your children.

blessings...aiangel

Thanks so much!! I know he has, it has been hard, but i know He has been with me.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:49 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,584 times
Hey Robyn, the house sounds so wonderful!!! Have you even given any thought to sharing it with another single mom to help pay the rent? Does the landlord have any rules against a second family in there? Just a thought as I know how tough it can be to make it.

Prayers that you can get the deposit money!

~HDL~

Old 08-11-2007, 05:54 PM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Oh I am so excited for you, a "New Beginning"!! How great for you and the kids, you will get the deposit because God wants you to have this house. I truly believe good things are going to happen for you. They already have!!

We are going to have the biggest party here, once we all know you are in the house and safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Robyn - I have been following your thread for awhile now, but have not posted......You say that everything seems scary and today took a lot out of you - of course it does and it did, dear lady - YOU ARE MAKING PROGRESS AND CHANGES! <g> This progress and change are good, but also scary because of the "unknown" factor - look at it as an adventure and it will seem less scary, I promise.

I was in the same time of situation for many years. By the time I had the courage to leave my verbally abusive husband, my son was out of the house and in college, so I didn't have to worry about him, though. In my case, the verbal abuse escalated to physical and that was the day I left. I packed up as much as I could and moved to my own place while the ex was at work...I never regretted it. It was very hard financially for awhile, but it was the best move I made.

Once you are out of your "toxic" relationship, you'll be surprised how good you will feel and how things will fall into place. This new rental sounds fantastic - you will have people around you and a good place for you and your children - you will flourish, there is no doubt in my mind.

It will be scary, and it will tire you out, that's all normal......remember this is the start of a new life for you and it is an adventure - a wonderful, happy adventure - you will do fine, you really will...........
Hi windchimes...glad you chimed in... I love windchimes, but I am not allowed to have them.

I guess it is the unknown factor. I have never been to this place in my life, and it is scary. I know that once I get going, it will be like a whole new adventure, a new chapter in my book.

I am so sorry you had to be in such a relationship, for such a long time. I hate that for anyone. For some reason, Jim doesn't seem that his verbal abuse amounts to anything, and doesn't unuderstand that it is toxic and poisoning. I thought it may go physical the other day. My friend that i have posted about is scared for me, because it is what happened to her...in the end.

She is the tough love, I guess because she has been there.

She says look Rob..I know you're afraid, I was. I still am, 6 years later. Is he going to bring the kids back? I mean I know he is, and he's a good parent, but I am still afraid.

So, you have a decision to make. Are you going to try and touogh it out and stay there, let it get worse, and have him take it to the next level, or get out, its up to you babe.

it all made sense, I know it did. Scary. His stupid words echoing through my mind.

Fifteen minutes later we were riding down the road to go look at that house. She just hugged me. I was like a child there. A shy child, I hardly had words, she was my voice today. She asked everything I was thinking.

It was unbelievable, today. She looked at me watch her, and just hugged me. Hugs are nice....

I seemed to have so much strength and energy lately, until things got worse around here, until he changed his mind on everything. Its like now, I tire. I am drained.

Thank you for throwing your voice out today, i do appreciate it.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Hey Robyn, the house sounds so wonderful!!! Have you even given any thought to sharing it with another single mom to help pay the rent? Does the landlord have any rules against a second family in there? Just a thought as I know how tough it can be to make it.

Prayers that you can get the deposit money!

~HDL~
My friend and I thought of it... I don't know, and yes, prayers.

My biggest prayer is that he doesn't try and swoop them out from under me, my biggest prayer, and fear.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Oh I am so excited for you, a "New Beginning"!! How great for you and the kids, you will get the deposit because God wants you to have this house. I truly believe good things are going to happen for you. They already have!!

We are going to have the biggest party here, once we all know you are in the house and safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking of that house today, its big enough to have Thanksgiving in! I always, we wont go there...anyways,.....I go to my familys house on Thanksgiving, and we alternate years, on whose house we will go to, there are 4 of us. My house is too small to accomodate, but not that house!

My friend is already dreaming of decorating the wrap around porch at Christmas time. I told her I usually just do a tree...she said there is a first time for every single thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships