Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,300,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjbulls View Post
Tell them if they are nice to you, they can be number 4.
I like that as a comeback..."I'm taking names should this one not work out" kind of turns it around and makes you ask why these sad acts are concerned about your record. There is nothing to be embarassed about, you have been divorced ONCE...51% of marriages today end in divorce...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,403,363 times
I would be confused as to why they included that too. I think people that get married again must be very optimistic people. I'm always rooting for them. Is it women that bring it up? I think saying you could be number four might be a negative attitude implied towards your wife although it is funny. You sound like a great guy--maybe they're hoping to be number four.

Maybe a confused look and "Yes, I have been blessed to find someone special after my wife passed away but I'm unsure what that has to do with this situation."

Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
I too think they want to be number 4!

You seem to be a gentleman and I have a lot of comebacks you probably wouldn't be able to say. I have to thank you because I have completely cracked myself up over this one. I have to clean Diet Coke off my monitor now.

Suffice it to say you can easily quintuple the effect of any comeback by adjusting a certain part of your anatomy at just the right moment.

Hope you weren't drinking anything when you read this!

Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,044,201 times
I too think they want to be number 4!

You seem to be a gentleman and I have a lot of comebacks you probably wouldn't be able to say. I have to thank you because I have completely cracked myself up over this one. I have to clean Diet Coke off my monitor now.

Suffice it to say you can easily quintuple the effect of any comeback by adjusting a certain part of your anatomy at just the right moment.

Hope you weren't drinking anything when you read this!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 AM

47 posts, read 243,621 times
I was just thinking of something no one has mentioned? What about these couples who "live together" and go from relationship to relationship? They are probably the "most questionable" but can still say they have never been married!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Location: Phoenix...until next week, then Maryland...tick tock tick tock
169 posts, read 607,940 times
Well, let's see...I'm 29 & have been married once...we got divorced and our relationship still hasn't changed much...he's like a brother to me...which is creepy in a husband.

Heh heh heh...now this is where it gets fun...

My ex got me the job I have, he left the job & has come back. My current BF was actually hired to replace my baby's father...& we all seem to get along. My life is never normal... LoL I swore after my "baby daddy" left, I'd never date anyone I worked with ever again...but my BF managed to convince me to make 1 last exception...

So, yeah, I don't think it matters how many times you've been married. My best girl friend has been married 6 times...each time to a different breed of as*hole...but I think this time she's finally found a keeper! I admire her faith in love & marriage to keep trying so many times. Even tho my ex & I are still good friends, I am hesitant to get married again. It is a big commitment to me, & a major pain in the butt to get out of!

Why do people care anyways? It's not like any one of us is drama-free...where do they get off judging?

Old 12-10-2008, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,848 times
you guys are insane marrige sucks my husband will never text me back or call if plans are changed or hardly ever kiss me anymore!! life sucks! i think ill get a divorce!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,848 times
i hate marrige!!! all it did was ruin my life!! i was popular and cool and spunky and then i got married and my husband wouldnt let me do anything! he wont kiss me or text back or anything and i got sick of it so i divorced him!! right now i am 26 and we got married 7 years ago and the divorce was final last month!! now i am 155 lbs and 5' 1/2" tall! thats what marrige did to me!!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:42 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwalker View Post
It seems especially at work when someone is irritated with me or is in "gossip mode" my being married more than once suddenly comes into play. I could be tardy on a deadline issue and in addition to that being addressed the "And he's been married more than once too," is added on !!Spiritwalker
I don't know why any of your coworkers should even know about your past. I've been married before and really don't find it to be anyone's business. The next time someone at work brings up your marriage history, just look at them and ask, "and your point is?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat View Post
i hate marrige!!! all it did was ruin my life!! i was popular and cool and spunky and then i got married and my husband wouldnt let me do anything! he wont kiss me or text back or anything and i got sick of it so i divorced him!! right now i am 26 and we got married 7 years ago and the divorce was final last month!! now i am 155 lbs and 5' 1/2" tall! !thats what marrige did to me!
No, that's what you did to yourself!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Maybe they do it just to get you riled up. I have to admit I like to tease my bf about being married 3 times even though I've almost got #2 under my belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships