Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 05:19 PM

16,952 posts, read 16,821,921 times

Advertisements

I just have the vision of her lovingly making your sandwhich, spreading the mayo on slowly as she looks deep in your eyes.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM

635 posts, read 1,735,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. First thing's first. No stupid lines. If she's semi-hot, she gets those all day long.

Here's an idea. Go for your sandwich when things are kind of slow, say after the lunch rush when no other customers are there. Order your sandwich, then chit chat with her. If she keeps talking to you, then she wants to talk to you. If her eyes glaze over or she starts doing something more important such as counting the drink tops, then she's just been nice to you all these months.

But let's assume she's still talking to you. If that's the case, and you're getting prolonged eye contact, then look her in the eye and say, "Look, I know this is weird, and I never do this. But I'm enjoying my conversation with you. How 'bout a cup of coffee? Just one cup?"

There you go. Not dinner. Not a movie. Not a weekend in Vegas. Just twenty minutes with a cup of Joe. And if your meetup with her lasts longer than that, then you're probably on to something. It's just not that hard.
I second this approach. Go with this.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,331,009 times
Today I was nice to a random male. He then asks if I want to get coffee. ???!!??! I don't know how anyone can go from point A to point B. I quickly make my exit. Of course, you have the advantage that she can't just escape.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:58 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,492,906 times
I dunno....ask if you can trade your 6/7/8 inches (your choice) for her foot long?

Chicks dig a good sense of humor.

I'm kidding.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,180,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Just man up and ask her out. Right across the counter. In front of everybody. She'll dig it.

If she turns you down. Right across the counter. In front of everybody. You never stood a chance to begin with.
listen to this guy. she'll be into it more if you can just confidentally ask her out in front of everyone and not give a ****

Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM

724 posts, read 1,690,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Today I was nice to a random male. He then asks if I want to get coffee. ???!!??! I don't know how anyone can go from point A to point B. I quickly make my exit. Of course, you have the advantage that she can't just escape.
I agreed with this the first time we talked, but she then remembers me after 2 to 3 months have gone by and is also nice to me then too. I am skeptical too which is why I have asked for advice. But, most people wouldn't normally remember someone they only interacted with briefly such a long time ago.

If I go through with it, it will be the ultra laid back approach.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Ep-

i talked to a stripper once for 20 mins or so at a club. came back to the club later in the year way down the road and when i sit down shes like "heeyyyyyy jon, you're back!". took me awhile to remember who the hell she was. she didnt want to go out with me or anything like that. not that i asked but i think it was safe to assume.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:31 PM

7,453 posts, read 13,465,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
i talked to a stripper once for 20 mins or so at a club. came back to the club later in the year way down the road and when i sit down shes like "heeyyyyyy jon, you're back!". took me awhile to remember who the hell she was. she didnt want to go out with me or anything like that. not that i asked but i think it was safe to assume.
Good effort by her considering she was probably high on meth......

Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Ep-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Good effort by her considering she was probably high on meth......
i know right i thought it was pretty impressive on her part too

Old 01-03-2011, 09:24 PM

724 posts, read 1,690,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
Great. Thanks for your thoughtful insight and everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships