Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 04:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,040,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I dated a vegetarian once and it was awful.

While she never explicitly tried to "convert" me, she sure made dining together unpleasant. I unashamedly eat my steaks rare, and every time we ate out, she would make this big production about having to prop up a menu between my plate and hers to serve as a partition that kept my food from being visible to her.

Apparently it was that traumatizing for her to watch me eat a steak the way it's meant to be eaten while she nibbled on her rabbit food.

What did the barber say? "Next!"
I don't like my steak rare, so I wouldn't go that far. I do enjoy a medium-medium well steak, so pink in the middle "as it always should be! " is what I like to see when I cut into the steak. I also don't like using any kind of sauce with it. If the steak is prepared right, the flavor will be enough to satisfy me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 04:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,298,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I know. It'd be pretty difficult for me to date a Vegan if they try to press her ways onto me.

Those conversations would be hilarious.

"Only eat these vegetables!!"

"If, by vegetables, you mean this sausage..."
It's enough to get some disgusted look when you eat. Most people who are into this are highly judgmental. It's not enough for them to eat what they want. They're out there to crucify (think PETA) and prevent you from enjoying your life.

Not much different than the non-smoking Nazis. These 2 groups probably overlap big time anyway.

And for the record, PETA doesn't throw paint on fur wearers. What we suggest is giving them an earful while handing them one of these nifty anti-fur business cards, or maybe encouraging them to display one of these wonderful little warning labels:

The PETA Files | PETA.org

Well, people, I don't give a rat's patootie about your feelings about fur! Leave me the hell alone!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,040,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's enough to get some disgusted look when you eat. Most people who are into this are highly judgmental. It's not enough for them to eat what they want. They're out there to crucify (think PETA) and prevent you from enjoying your life.

Not much different than the non-smoking Nazis. These 2 groups probably overlap big time anyway.

And for the record, PETA doesn't throw paint on fur wearers. What we suggest is giving them an earful while handing them one of these nifty anti-fur business cards, or maybe encouraging them to display one of these wonderful little warning labels:

Well, people, I don't give a rat's patootie about your feelings about fur! Leave me the hell alone!
"You're not really going to eat that, are you??"

"Om nom nom nom nom nom. Yeah, I just did.."

I'm so mellow, I wouldn't care about her disgusted look on her face. If I enjoy something in any way, I'm going to do so whether they mind it or not. Mind you, most of the things I enjoy in life probably aren't deal-breakers, but in the scenario of me on a date with the vegan, and her reacting the way she probably would, she'd be on her way out by the time I order an appetizer.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,069,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

So, that was you I saw with the fur coat, and a cigarette in hand.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,298,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
So, that was you I saw with the fur coat, and a cigarette in hand.
It would've been if I lived in some cold place.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 PM

608 posts, read 594,597 times
Pikantari, you might want to read Frances Moore Lappe's "Diet for a Small Planet.
She discusses in some depth the theory of balancing proteins to be sure you're
getting an adequate amount in a vegetarian diet (I forget if it's strict vegan or
ovo-lacto.)

The *real* extreme vegans are the ones who won't eat honey because we're
enslaving and stealing from the honeybees. They'd be in REAL trouble if they
came out against anything produced through pollination I guess!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,524,640 times
The problem wasn't that she was a vegan.

It was that she was an inflexible, psycho nut job.

There are perfectly nice vegans and vegetarians out there who are mature enough to realize that one's beliefs do not have to constantly be foisted on others.

That being said, I did have a relationship with a vegetarian once, and it was a bit irritating at meal times to have to make different things, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:25 AM

469 posts, read 1,259,395 times
I was a strict vegan for over 25 years. I married a carnivore 11 years ago, and we worked it out. Now I eat meat sometimes, and we eat veggie sometimes. You just work this stuff out, one way or another – no big deal, really. Relationships are about working stuff out – why marry a clone?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,337,600 times
I don't really get along with people who make a deal about their dietary preferences. If someone didn't tell me, I'd probably never notice what they eat. But strangely enough, every vegan I've ever met makes a point to tell everyone they are vegan. LOL.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:35 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,337,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't really get along with people who make a deal about their dietary preferences. If someone didn't tell me, I'd probably never notice what they eat. But strangely enough, every vegan I've ever met makes a point to tell everyone they are vegan. LOL.
Probably because you, or other people, are trying to feed them meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships