Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM

608 posts, read 594,698 times

Advertisements

Ceece wrote, "strangely enough, every vegan I've ever met makes a point to tell everyone they are vegan."

Ceece I think they do that because I believe for most vegans the choice isn't a matter of preference
but a moral choice. Because it's a moral choice and they believe the world would be better if others
made the same choice they're going to feel it's important to tell everyone about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 04:25 PM

608 posts, read 594,698 times
Default With a nice Chardonney...

Ceece wrote, "I don't really get along with people who make a deal about their dietary preferences."

I usually don't either. Especially women who have dark circles under their eyes, grunt a lot, and just keep saying "BRAINS! I WANNNNT BRAAAINNNNSSSS!!!!" They turn me off big time.

They usually smell really bad too.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:30 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,912,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
This isn't typical of someone who's vegan. She just sounds like a picky weirdo.

FTR, I'm a strict vegetarian...

Old 05-02-2011, 07:34 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,540,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Probably because you, or other people, are trying to feed them meat.
I dunno. I just spend an entire weekend with a group of mixed vegetarians and non...and I wouldn't have known who was who. Everyone managed to eat their food (provided for them at various parties) without saying a darn thing (they just picked what they could and couldn't eat and went on their way).

Old 06-04-2017, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 460 times
I'm a professional athlete, since 18 years old I've been healthy for 15 years now. I'm also very respectful, conservative corporate values, successful in the tech world, charismatic yet very simple man. For the last 6 weeks I've been dating a very nice vegan lady, she is the one I'd kick ball when I was 10 years old or do mischief at school. I could fall in love with the kind of people in no time and I think I'm in love, but I'm baffled. We do all activities which I like as I'm very active, but I'm kept at a distance somehow. It just feels that my girlfriend (I hope it's right because she kissed me and we kissed each other around 10 times) just feels that she is really inflexible. I have a big heart and can be romantic, but it just feels that my girlfriend is not excited, not sure if she is interested in sex or talking about it. Talking about the future... Maybe I should ask? When we're together I think we both deplete our body resources, but I'm sure I recover instantly. I do fasting and all that, but I can recover with... stew, honey, yogurt in no time. By the way, I'm thinking about creating a family. Am I on the right track or I should leave this strange train to hell knows where it is going. Do vegans like families? I have so many questions, never had them before... Baffled

Old 06-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,889 posts, read 18,195,824 times
Rushbo, next time, cut the pill in half.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,575,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbo View Post
I'm a professional athlete, since 18 years old I've been healthy for 15 years now. I'm also very respectful, conservative corporate values, successful in the tech world, charismatic yet very simple man. For the last 6 weeks I've been dating a very nice vegan lady, she is the one I'd kick ball when I was 10 years old or do mischief at school. I could fall in love with the kind of people in no time and I think I'm in love, but I'm baffled. We do all activities which I like as I'm very active, but I'm kept at a distance somehow. It just feels that my girlfriend (I hope it's right because she kissed me and we kissed each other around 10 times) just feels that she is really inflexible. I have a big heart and can be romantic, but it just feels that my girlfriend is not excited, not sure if she is interested in sex or talking about it. Talking about the future... Maybe I should ask? When we're together I think we both deplete our body resources, but I'm sure I recover instantly. I do fasting and all that, but I can recover with... stew, honey, yogurt in no time. By the way, I'm thinking about creating a family. Am I on the right track or I should leave this strange train to hell knows where it is going. Do vegans like families? I have so many questions, never had them before... Baffled
Bloody hell mate!

Old 06-04-2017, 12:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,262,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbo View Post
Huh??

Signed,

A horny vegan, happily married to a meat-eater, with whom I share 3 children

Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,934,919 times
I dated a vegan from Slovenia (the country of the First Lady's birth). She was fantastic, and as long as we were cooking at home food was not really a problem. I eat meat rarely - 2/3 times per week - so it wasn't a huge change for me. I adapted well to non-animal milks, cheeses, etc.

Traveling was difficult. Finding vegan options on the road was a chore and made our couple trips together frustrating.

The "problem" isn't so much with vegans as with the fact that there aren't enough vegans to entice grocery stores and restaurants to have more vegan options.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:55 AM

9,490 posts, read 10,856,982 times
I would not want to be with a vegan. If it did work out you have condemned yourself to a life of eating thier strange food, dealing with strange belief and of course facing thier judgement if you choose to not be like them. Dating a vegan sounds like self inflicted torture. Vegans are unlikely to tolerate being with a "savage" meat eater anyway, as that is proof they don't care about "the planet".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships