Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 10:25 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Damn. You beat me to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM

358 posts, read 208,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
I don't have an issue with vegans, my issue is with preachy vegans and food snobs. Makes me want to choke them, each and every time.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:42 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
I can't deal with this level of obsessivenesseither. I often really wonder if people that are that obsessed with anythinghave underlying mental health issues.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
People from Mars/Venus hookup/date/marry people from Venus/Mars.

How can they get along? Ohhhh Noooooooo!!!!!

Don't they preach to each other or tell what they should do?

So a vegan and whatever else eater can co-exist too in my view in as long as they respect the others choices.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:52 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Who says I'm insulting? And just because I make a mild joke about those three groups, does that mean I'm insulting them? Way to live up to the stereotype, scooter. And so now I'm a born-again Christian, an Obama hater, or a right-wing conspiracy theorist? Because that seems to be the implication. I'm totally offended that you would lump me in with those people. And bitter, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72
Everyone is judgemental, we all decide for ourselves who believes in reasonable things and who does not. We all decide for ourselves what people we like and which we do not. I find it funny that some deny that this is normal or acceptable practice as we all do it. Like it or not most judge veganism as unnatural and strange.

My points went so far over both of your heads it's unbelievable. I think they hit the sun.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:44 PM

427 posts, read 1,224,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Social media is a tool, use it to connect with real people you desire to meet.
Real life is such that you are living outside the boundaries the overwhelming majority find acceptable.
1% of the population is Vegan. 1% of the population is gay. 1% of the population votes for the Green party. Just because something is a minority doesn't mean that people hate it or find it to be unacceptable. Why would you care what someone else does in their own time anyway, unless you are secretly self conscious about the way you live your life or something? Explain to me how people refraining from eating meat and dairy products has any bearing on your life? Do you own a cattle ranch or something? Maybe a pig farm? Are you scared you'll lose business? Compare the obesity and heart disease rates between Vegans and regular omnivores, then get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
A strict vegan was charged with child abuse recently for not feeding her child properly.
Human beings require more than twigs and roots to live on.
Scratch the surface and you find a very strange world view.
They think they know better than God.
Regular omnivores, some of them obese, are charged with child abuse all the time, so good point. Heart Disease is also the number one cause of death and is primarily caused by eating unhealthy foods high in saturated fat and cholesterol(meat and dairy) and overeating.
I don't know any Vegans that eat twigs and roots, unless you're referring to turmeric and ginger, both of which are powerful antioxidants. Your argument that Vegans are weak is silly. Carl Lewis won Olympic medals as a Vegan. Patrik Baboumian has set several world records in powerlifting as a Vegan. Mac Danzig a former MMA/UFC fighter is Vegan. Scott Jurek the greatest ultramarathoner of all time, who holds several world records, including fastest thru hike of the Appalachian Trail is Vegan.
Thanks for your daily dose of Christian dogma bull**** by the way. At least there is scientific research and practical application to back Veganism. Prominent doctors and researchers such as: John McDougall, Caldwell Esselstyn, Neal Barnard, Michael Greger, Joel Fuhrman, Dean Ornish, T. Colin Campell etc. have written books and spent their entire lives researching the topic. Your Christian dogma is based on a fictional book with no references, in which people procreate with their direct family members(incest and pedophilia) snakes talk, people have the ability to part oceans and the entire Earth floods. It doesn't get anymore fake and bizarre than that. Lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack2017 View Post
I don't have an issue with vegans, my issue is with preachy vegans and food snobs. Makes me want to choke them, each and every time.
Thank you for proving my exact point about this jonesy guy. I have no issue at all with religious folks, what you do on your own time is your own business. It's when they become overzealous and preachy that I draw the line. Especially if they're the type that like to call people or knock on your door and bother you that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
My points went so far over both of your heads it's unbelievable. I think they hit the sun.
Lol.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:14 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Hell I can't date a vegan either. Sorry, but meat gives me more satisfaction than vegan sex.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:39 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Or it just wasn't very well-written. There's always that.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:53 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Rushbo, next time, cut the pill in half.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I almost Ignore-listed you this morning, but I am so glad I didn't. This was hysterical!!!!!

Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbo View Post
Do vegans like families? I have so many questions, never had them before... Baffled
I had a male friend who wanted to be a FWB, but he was a vegan and he wouldn't eat fish, so, that left me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships