Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:12 AM

713 posts, read 583,664 times

Advertisements

Personally, I find the plant based diet fascinating. I am not vegan, but I have some very good friends who are, and I have enjoyed their meals. Both husband and wife cook some very unique, but satisfying and filling meals. I have learned alot from eating with them, as well as cooking vegan meals when they eat at my home. I still enjoy meat, especially seafood, but I have significantly cut back on the amount of meat I eat on a regular basis. It's more cost effective for our budget, but health wise, I have felt better. Many times it's just easier and quicker to eat a vegan meal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 06:47 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,410,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
***warning*** if you are a vegan, please leave this thread now. if you continue, you will find this offensive and I'm not on this forum to hurt people's feelings.

okay, I was on a date tonight with self-proclaimed vegan. It was horrible. it was not only her being a vegan, but her life philosophy was such that she would not do, eat, or say anything that would take away from the planet earth. No cheese, no meat, not even fruit transported from outside of the country or state.

She had the nerve to drag me to the grocery store looking for apples and then complain to an employee that they didn't have any apples that were locally produced... they only had apples from florida or new zealand. I said, "well, they all taste the same to me. how is it different to you?" she said something about her own ideology, and that she doesn't believe in trade with other countries or something.

I just can't be with someone who is so inflexible that she won't buy apples from another state. it was ridiculous...

okay, I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Need I say that I never want to see her again?
This has nothing to do with being a vegan. Shes just over critical OCD about her food source. Someone could be a meat eater and complain they don't eat meat that's isn't breed, raised and grown in their back yard, or only eat fish that's caught with a sharp stick at their local lake, Lol.

Only a person with basic common sense would know that not vegans are like her, Lol.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:40 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,105,744 times
How do you know if someone is a vegan, goes to AA, or does CrossFit?

Wait sixty seconds. They'll tell you.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,262,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
How do you know if someone is a vegan, goes to AA, or does CrossFit?

Wait sixty seconds. They'll tell you.
Lol, very true. I think a lot of it has to do with social activies being food-centered, and people do notice and comment on what their dining companions are eating, even if the person with an inconventional diet doesn't say a word about it.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:50 PM

930 posts, read 838,406 times
I wouldn't date a vegan or vegetarian:

Old 06-05-2017, 09:16 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,934,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This has nothing to do with being a vegan. Shes just over critical OCD about her food source.

Only a person with basic common sense would know that not vegans are like her, Lol.
Meh. No reason to insult people who have different food and environmental standards than yourself or the norm so long as their actions don't hurt anyone.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Meh. No reason to insult people who have different food and environmental standards than yourself or the norm so long as their actions don't hurt anyone.
Nobody really cares.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:34 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,934,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Nobody really cares.
It's sad
Sad that people so callously insult others for no reason.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
It's sad
Sad that people so callously insult others for no reason.
What I meant is that nobody cares about what people eat. As for the OP making a blanket statement that "all" vegans are overbearing about their food source.... I find a bit insulting and hilarious. But honestly, I don't care about his dating preferences from 10 years ago. Do you? I didn't think so.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:35 PM

20,387 posts, read 20,017,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
You know, sometimes there's something to be said about women who are into eating big animals. Perhaps next time around, (with some other woman, obviously!) just let it be known up front "We're going out for STEAK!"

Good luck!
My wife is a meat and potatoes kind of gal (along with her vegetables)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships