Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,206,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
...So I don’t know how to darn socks: big whoop.
Could not be easier. Just hold them up and with a firm tone of voice "Darn you socks!". Than throw them away. Socks are too inexpensive to put up with their problems these days.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:51 AM

142 posts, read 238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
Nothing wrong with a sensitive and well-groomed man. Wish my husband would take some pointers from these guys and at least wax his hairy back.
He probably can't reach. You may have to do it for him or send him to a pro

Old 01-15-2011, 10:53 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,477,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're still a young man.......There is hope for you.
I don't want to change that aspect of me. I'm content to be a feminine boy.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 AM

116 posts, read 179,984 times
You're right. I'll stop caring about how I look. (and smell) Now go make me a sandwich!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,724,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Could not be easier. Just hold them up and with a firm tone of voice "Darn you socks!". Than throw them away. Socks are too inexpensive to put up with their problems these days.
Zing!

Old 01-15-2011, 11:04 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,765,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAZ View Post
Men getting pedicures, manicures and even using makeup. Men who's voices are getting more like a female all the time. Men who now are carrying themselves in a light feminine way. Men who no longer want to get their hands dirty working on a car or fixing up a house. Men who when we go to dinner get salads and a fruit cup instead of ribs and potatoes.

The list can go on forever.
Bolded part above -- why should men even bother doing that anyway though, when they can always hire a professional to do it? Is a man's manliness, reduced to his mere ability to be a handyman?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:06 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,387,469 times
I think not accepting that people will do as they do is key here.

Not everybody will act according to your liking, approval or acceptance. These men who are traditionally masculine most likely don't care either way, they're just doing their own thing.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,765,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
And what constitutes a 'man'? A rough blue-collar lumberjack who drives an F-150?

I feel like "man" or "real man" are on the same level as "nice guy" and "hook up" in terms of vagueness.
My thoughts exactly Why pigeonhole all men to fit a single arbitrary gender stereotype?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,020,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Feather View Post
If it's in a high-pitched voice, I would say feminine. Masculine would be deeper and use different words such as 'Oi !!!' or 'Wha-heyyyyyy'

But what's wrong with either?
"Woo-hooo!" sounds like it could be description of a young guy who sounds like he's happy or cheering across the street, if you mean somthing like, "Yooo-hooooo! I'm here!", it could sound feminine, but maybe more like an old fashioned way to call someone nearby.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either, unless you're in a situation where it'd be a racket.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,809,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAZ View Post
Men getting pedicures, manicures and even using makeup. Men who's voices are getting more like a female all the time. Men who now are carrying themselves in a light feminine way. Men who no longer want to get their hands dirty working on a car or fixing up a house. Men who when we go to dinner get salads and a fruit cup instead of ribs and potatoes.

The list can go on forever.
Men doing pedicures/manicures/makeup and walk like a woman are probably gay or bisexual. You can choose to not date them or be friends with them.

Some men maybe don't know how to fix cars or are lazy and don't want to work on a house. Also as technology gets better we do less as a society. People don't even need to leave their couch anymore to go shoe shopping. This fuels obesity and really stupid stuff like farmville addictions.

As far as men not eating ribs and potatoes, that's a personal food preference issue. If you like men who eat crap then perhaps you should be looking for an obese man at your local McDonald's restaurant. I doubt he cares enough about his appearance to even shower, which should fit in perfectly with your views on "men".

Most meat is bad for you. It causes cancer, it's pumped full of antibiotics and hormones, it is loaded with fat, and it's just plain bland in comparison with the wide assortment of fruits/veggies one can choose from. It seems pretty stupid to not date someone who is concerned with what they eat and wants to be healthy.

P.S. Please don't have any children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships