Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:55 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,214,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
It is not "normal" for humans to be monogamous for 50 years or whatever.
No, it’s not at all.

So end one relationship before you start another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,945 times
I would bust his a-- and be done with it already! Always play stupid, but don't be stupid.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
They always say things like “it would have only hurt you”.

Right.

If they were sooooo worried about hurting their girls, why did they cheat AND LIE in the first place?

I am not denying that I would definitely end things if I was cheated on. Once the trust is gone, that’s it, but it takes a lot of courage for a man to be a man and confess.

How do they sleep at night? My God, my conscience would eat me up inside.

Yes I know women cheat too, but I’m asking about men and this thing they seem to see as some kind of a justification.
It's crazy how some guys always try to justify their lies and deceitfulness by saying "I didn't want you to get upset/angry/hurt." They are always SO conscious of others especially when it serves their own interest... jerks. Sometimes I wish I didn't like men....

Old 02-02-2011, 05:09 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,605 times
Vanilla, The impression I get from your OP and what you have said after is that this is mostly a male phenomena. I'm saying that in my own experience women can be just as guilty of the same thing. It is exactly what my soon to be ex wife said. Basically I agree with you and have about the same opinion of it, just not that its a man thing specifically.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
They are always SO conscious of others especially when it serves their own interest...

Haha right!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Basically I agree with you and have about the same opinion of it, just not that its a man thing specifically.

I agree with you!

I just find it hard picturing a woman saying “Listen baby, it just happened one time. I was drunk. I didn’t want to hurt you”.

But I am very sorry to hear that happened with you and your ex wife.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
[font=Verdana]

Why is that?

I have been drunk many times and... now this may come as a shock, but I managed to stay faithful.

EDIT: Sorry if I seem snappy, Onglet & co... it just works me up so much!
I'm going to guess that you are in your 20s and have never stood up and pledged to spend the rest of your life with another person. People F up, it's the human condition. A one-time slip up is typically revealed to relieve personal guilt, not because of the belief that "my spouse has the right to know that I got drunk and did something stupid in Toledo." If you are married, have built a home and family together, a one night stand isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Though most people who have lived through it don't want to discuss it, lest they be judged n

Old 02-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'm going to guess that you are in your 20s and have never stood up and pledged to spend the rest of your life with another person.
Early 30’s. Nothing but long term infidelity free relationships since I was 17.

I don’t think that anyone is meant to spend their entire life with one person. That’s why I will probably never marry. It appears to be against human nature to be monogamous forever, as imcurious said.

In saying that, I don’t believe that a lack of self control should be present either.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
"It is not "normal" for humans to be monogamous for 50 years or whatever."

What does one call the people who are happily married and monogamous for 50 years? Those who aren't tempted to cheat because they genuinely love their partner and continue to have good sex for 5 decades?

Are they abnormal?

Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
Quote:
Early 30’s. Nothing but long term infidelity free relationships since I was 17.
The fact that you skipped the meat of my post reveals your extreme immaturity.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The fact that you skipped the meat of my post reveals your extreme immaturity.
Wow. I don’t think that was necessary, do you?

I just edited my post to add more to it... before your one. I don't know how much of what you typed it answers but yeah...

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 02-02-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships