Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Agreed. Levi's on a man with a great butt and body.. oh yeah LOL
They still do you for you girls too! Make no mistake, we're tripping in the aisle watching you strut down it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Quote:
And just because they don't notice does it make them a complete and utter baffoon?

Obviously not. Did I ever imply that anywhere?

Quote:

No, personally I don't care if a man takes notice or not. That's the least of my concerns.
I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating that Ralph Lauren is a No-brainer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the initial arguement was about guys knowing/not knowing a lot about women's fashion, right?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:16 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post

Obviously not. Did I ever imply that anywhere?

I wasn't attacking you. I was just stating that Ralph Lauren is a No-brainer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the initial arguement was about guys knowing/not knowing a lot about women's fashion, right?
lmao.. I know you weren't attacking me we're just having a conversation, that's all.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Quote:
lmao.. I know you weren't attacking me we're just having a conversation, that's all.
Either I'm paranoid, or you're lying. I'll leave it at that.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Either I'm paranoid, or you're lying. I'll leave it at that.
I vote paranoid LOL - Eh, I'm not such a good liar - I'm brutally honest...

Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
I vote paranoid LOL - Eh, I'm not such a good liar - I'm brutally honest...
What the Hell are you two talking about? lol There's no fighting in a car thread! lol

Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This thread is sort of a spin-off of the one about women's opinions on men with expensive sports cars.

What do men think when they see a woman driving an expensive sports car?

Or with any expensive item or accessory?

I have a $100+k luxury sports car (and have 2 other cars) and live in a pretty expensive home. Most comments made by strange men usually run towards, "What does your husband do for a living?"

Implying, of course, that I couldn't have gotten any of this myself (which I did). This usually really makes me angry...but an eye roll usually suffices.

Comments?

Women, how do you feel about the fact that many men will assume anything nice you have is because some man earned the money for it and gave it to you?
Stan4, I get turned on when I see a woman in a nice sports car, and I use to see women like you all the time when I lived close to Newport Beach California.

It's just refreshing to see a woman behind a powerful car (or a GSXR750!) because most of the time women buy boring quiet little cars to get around in.

As far as how the woman obtained a higher end car, as for myself, it never really crosses my mind how she got it, but when it does, I assumed she worked for it herself.

Anyhow, as a car nut/street racer, the cost of a car means nothing if you know how to build up a car right. I love taking my little 5k Mustang 5.0 and leaving many of those expensive sport cars in the dust. Should I ever upgrade to a 2003 Cobra for 25k your loss would even be more disastrous.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Okay, I'll bite.

Really young and hot -- Either a daddy or a sugar daddy is involved.

Late 20s -- Either a professional or married to someone with a good deal of money. Sugar daddy a remote third option.

Thirties and forties -- No kids, or one child at the most. No mother with 2+ kids can be driving something that impractical.

50 and up -- Empty nester.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:44 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'll just come out and admit that I have an extreme bias towards anyone I see in a luxury sports car. I just see a person willing to do something that is really financially stupid for the sake of appearances. I see a person in one, and I don't even want to know that person.
Aww, that kind of harsh. First off many people LEASE/RENT high end cars so it's really not theirs.

Secondly, many of these people worked hard (for decades!) and took many risk to make lots of money so they decided to reward themselves with a really nice car. You could have done the same.

As far as being financially stupid, it depends, if they won the lotto for 500k and bought a car for 200k then yea, it's dumb, but if a person owns various distribution centers and pulls 1 million a year, it's just fine to spend 300k for a car if that is their choice.

Personally though, I don't like luxury cars because it makes you a target. Everybody thinks you have money, and all eyes are always on you. I know because I use to work in real estate and my boss became my mentor/father figure so it got to the point where I could use his 80k car when he wasn't using it, and right away people would treat me differently when they saw me with that car.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:45 PM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay, I'll bite.

Really young and hot -- Either a daddy or a sugar daddy is involved.

Late 20s -- Either a professional or married to someone with a good deal of money. Sugar daddy a remote third option.

Thirties and forties -- No kids, or one child at the most. No mother with 2+ kids can be driving something that impractical.

50 and up -- Empty nester.

Hope this helps.
You got #3 right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships