Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Is she still good looking? Because that would make it alright.

Never on this forum has someone's screen name seemed more appropriate..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Talking [Huffington Post] 10 More Reasons Why You’re Not Married

Quote:
1. You’re a *****.
Here’s what I mean by *****. I mean you’re angry. You probably don’t think you’re angry. You think you’re super smart, or if you’ve been to a lot of therapy, that you’re setting boundaries. But the truth is you’re pissed. At your mom. At the military-industrial complex. At Sarah Palin. And it’s scaring men off.
The deal is: most men just want to marry someone who is nice to them. I am the mother of a 13-year-old boy, which is like living with the single-cell protozoa version of a husband. Here’s what my son wants out of life: macaroni and cheese, a video game, and Kim Kardashian. Have you ever seen Kim Kardashian angry? I didn’t think so. You’ve seen Kim Kardashian smile, wiggle, and make a sex tape. Female anger terrifies men. I know it seems unfair that you have to work around a man’s fear and insecurity in order to get married — but actually, it’s perfect, since working around a man’s fear and insecurity is big part of what you’ll be doing as a wife.
More here :

10 More Reasons Why You’re Not Married | Very Smart Brothas

Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
She's on the radio now and giving her top reasons why you're not married.

Must be tough for some people listening to her.

She may actually have a point.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
The lady doesn't have a clue!!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
The lady doesn't have a clue!!
Shucks. She's dead on. I can take just about every still-single woman (The ones who really want to be married) and neatly put her into one of those categories. Truth hurts sometimes, but it's the key to change.

Actually, I would add one more category:

7. You are rash. You plunge into relationships without the slightest bit of reservations, never asking yourself the question, "Why exactly doesn't this guy have friends or a steady job? Why ISN'T he on speaking terms with his family? Why is he 35 and living in the apartment equivalent of a Westinghouse carton?"

Lots of those kind of people on CD.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,626 times
a lot of these "why am i still single or why have i been divorced four times" women need some frank, common sense advice. If you have been divorced multiple times generally you are the problem and need to work it out

Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Shucks. She's dead on. I can take just about every still-single woman (The ones who really want to be married) and neatly put her into one of those categories. Truth hurts sometimes, but it's the key to change.

Actually, I would add one more category:

7. You are rash. You plunge into relationships without the slightest bit of reservations, never asking yourself the question, "Why exactly doesn't this guy have friends or a steady job? Why ISN'T he on speaking terms with his family? Why is he 35 and living in the apartment equivalent of a Westinghouse carton?"

Lots of those kind of people on CD.
I agree lol

Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,728 times
The author sounded like a total witch, IMO. She might be right in some cases but so what. It's much easier to say what others are doing wrong than to look at yourself honestly, she should start there.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM

545 posts, read 1,556,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
[/b]
2. "Men of character are, by definition, willing to commit"

Well that just contradicts pretty much every one of the more vocal male posters on this forum.

3. casual sex is like recreational heroin -- it doesn't stay recreational for long.

Totally agree. I think most sane mature women understand this. MEN however, don't really care about that.
This is a huge problem. Women's perception of men are tainted by their experience or meetings with "bad boys". There are tons of single nice guys out there who are absolutely willing of committing into a relationship. Please give them a chance.

Women who complain about cheating partners have probably never dated nice guys or aren't attracted to them (which is almost like saying that you hate getting constipated but you won't eat vegetables).

Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I don't see any sense in what she's saying. I don't think getting married would be a hard thing to do, I think it's staying married to that same person that would be something to take pride in....not how many times you've married.If I wanted to know why I was still single, why would I care to listen to someone who can't stay married??Isn't she still in that same boat??If I wanted far more superior advice, I'd talk to someone in a long term marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships