Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 AM

67 posts, read 121,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Eh...if everything else was cool, just keep him in your school. You know it's a small step from the bars to the slide, right? I fell right into MY slide after I hung around the bars for a while.

I spent an entire two hours the other night having to teach some youngster about the facts of life, but she proved to be a grateful student.

Sometimes it's hard when you're the teacher...
Oh no, sadly he's been dismissed. He was looking for a long-term university-type thing... I tend to offer brief, targeted lessons. Didn't want to lead him on.

He seemed to already be evaluating me on my mothering skills(?). He already had a mother, and knew I wasn't looking to be one.... It's frustrating when men think they're going to change my mind.

Perhaps sometimes it's hard when you're the teacher...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquene View Post
Oh no, sadly he's been dismissed. He was looking for a long-term university-type thing... I tend to offer brief, targeted lessons. Didn't want to lead him on.
Ah - just a short-course. OK, that's good.

Quote:
He seemed to already be evaluating me on my mothering skills(?). He already had a mother, and knew I wasn't looking to be one.... It's frustrating when men think they're going to change my mind.
It's good to get those 900-pound gorillas out in the open as soon as possible. Since I'm done with having kids I think I offer the same types of lessons you do.

...well, with different syllabus goals, of course.

Quote:
Perhaps sometimes it's hard when you're the teacher...
The teacher stood before the class
He showed off his fantastic *ss
He showed the carrot, showed the stick,
And then he showed his magic...

...trick.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I got some rather disturbing news.

An uncle of mine died recently. He was at home alone, and apparently he had been dead for a while, as the neighbors called the police and the only way they could ID him was his drivers licenses.

Sad way to go.......

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news Bro.

Many years ago i found my mom's fiance (passed on) laying in his dining room. He had choked on food & couldn't breathe, the coroner suggested.
He was building a motorized hangglider in his garage & partially in the dining room.

Last edited by Hawk J; 04-08-2011 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-08-2011, 09:58 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
That would be a miserable way to last remember a loved one. My condolences Chow.

Chow, on another note, dogwalker and I were having dinner the other nigh. This couple walked in, sat down. The guy had shoulder length hair not in a pony tail... for all intent and purpose he could have been your twin.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
My condolences, Chow.

My brother was due out from NY to visit the wife and me in PA many years ago. When he didn't show for an hour, I tried his cell. Nothing. Called my other brother - he hadn't heard anything from him. After several hours I drove out to NY and knocked on his door - no answer.

I went through the 2nd-story window and found him lying peacefully in bed. He was diabetic, severely so, to the point where he was scheduled for a kidney transplant. We had spoken earlier in the day and he seemed quite dejected and beaten when he told me about it, so I like to think that he had been able to will his own death; he was a proud man and refused to be a burden to himself or others.

Again, my sympathy.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,977 times
Has anyone heard from Crab about his mother?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
feeling a lot better today, funny what sleep (even if it's only 6 hours and low-quality) can do for you.

@Chow, I'm sorry about your uncle.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,439,063 times
Chow, there's no ideal way to go. When it's time, it's time. Everybody has to go somehow. Even if someone stays at home all the time so he won't get runned over by a car or attacked by muggers or a stray bullet, death finds you and you're gone. Just like that. You could be busy making pancakes in the kitchen one morning and suddenly you're on the floor dead due to a stroke. Or even watching TV in your favorite recliner and suddenly you go up in flames because of sudden human combustion. Death always gets ya in the end.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Thanks all for the nice thoughts.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:09 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I got some rather disturbing news.

An uncle of mine died recently. He was at home alone, and apparently he had been dead for a while, as the neighbors called the police and the only way they could ID him was his drivers licenses.

Sad way to go.......
No kidding~ Poor guy! Reminds me a little of a movie we just watched a few minites ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships