Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 06:41 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,197,348 times

Advertisements

The other thing my brother and I did when we were working for competitors were bids for government contract work. Bids for the government have to be time stamped and if you are even a second late with them they are tossed out and not considered.

Sometimes we'd be neck and neck on the road. Suddenly, someone, which turned out to be him, passed me like a bat out of hell on the road and just flipped me off laughing. So, I speeded up and then got in front of him and drove real slow so I'd hit the yellow light - leaving his behind sitting at the red lights and I'd wave out the window.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Ewww....not me! I would much rather have the chill.
I can always put more clothes on, ya` know?

Yea but us southerners love it when you take your clothes off.

busta

Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
...My brother and I did all kinds of crazy crap to each other. We were cut from the same humor cloth. To get him back for the phone calls, I found these pre-printed envelopes that said 'Your Herpes Test Results are Enclosed' on the outside of the envelope. So, I sent it to him, knowing full well my mother got and opened his work mail so she'd see it first...
Yep, same thing I did with MY two brothers. I was the baby brother, by quite a bit - at the time I'm thinking of, my oldest brother was 40, my next-oldest 35 and I was a mere 24.

Elder brother had taken a liking to "A.L.F." on TV and we bought him gag birthday gifts like ALF dolls, one in particular being this great hairy, misshapen plush-toy - this nightmarish version of such a lovable character just made it all the more poignant. The proportions were all wrong, it had a tag that said "MADE IN CHNA" and it smelled funny, but Big Brother took this ALF-imposter under his wing.

The trap was set. Poor pseudo-ALF was, on various occasions, burned by a constantly-burning bulb in my brother's Jeep's glovebox. We had hidden it there but didn't know about the bulb being on and ALF ended up smoking one day during a long drive...

RIP...when he couldn't take the constant harassment and humiliation anymore, ALF-CHNA was found wrapped totally in surgery gauze from his previous burns, hanging by a stout hangman's noose and with a note that said:
"Hey, Willie - I don't think I can take this life anymore. What kinda future does an alien life-form have on Earth? None. I'm tired, Willie...tired of posing for stupid lunch-box portraits, tired of being the one-trick pony, tired of getting nasty reviews...

It's better this way, Kiddoo...trust me.

Good-bye."
Quote:
When he moved to Florida I had his whole yard pink flamingoed. I found this woman who actually did this for a living in a newspaper article. She had stickers under them with her name and address and got all of them back and reused them. Hilarious and ingenious.
I'd heard about that a while back, but i don't remember from where - probably the Net somewhere, maybe when I was Stumbling.

Excellent idea!

Quote:
Funny, how when you reflect back on your life it's the moments of everyday silliness that stick out the most and not the supposed huge milestones.
Well, silliness and insanely-focused sexual practices...

Old 04-09-2011, 08:10 PM

Tired of posing for lunch box photos - LMAO! You know what's funny? I LOVE ALF and miss watching it. My older brother and I are only 18 months apart and my younger brother and I are 8 years apart - I got stuck with only girl, middle child syndrome.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:03 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I'm an old Moderator cut: dude.

I was informed via digital camera today.

My graying goatee seems to give away my age.

At least I don't have any crows feet..... yet......

Gotta love the digital cameras and their super high resolution.

Great for seeing stuff on mars.

Not so much for family pics........

Last edited by JustJulia; 04-10-2011 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: Watch the language, old man!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:08 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Tired of posing for lunch box photos - LMAO! You know what's funny? I LOVE ALF and miss watching it. My older brother and I are only 18 months apart and my younger brother and I are 8 years apart - I got stuck with only girl, middle child syndrome.
ALF? Wow! Yeah..that brings back some memories of Dukes of Hazzard, and Dallas around that time. Also Bossum Buddies, Newhart show, and Dynasty, Little House, Night court, Family Ties and Cheers.
Awww....good memory.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
ALF? Wow! Yeah..that brings back some memories of Dukes of Hazzard, and Dallas around that time. Also Bossum Buddies, Newhart show, and Dynasty, Little House, Night court, Family Ties and Cheers.
Awww....good memory.
Alf had that sarcstic, smart-ass personality I'm perpetually drawn to.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
I just finished watching Colin Quinn's HBO Special. It was sooo good, I thought it was really original and funny. If you guys get a chance to catch again, definitely watch it.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:31 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Alf had that sarcstic, smart-ass personality I'm perpetually drawn to.
LOL!
He did have a bit of sarcastic to him, didn`t he..but he was cute.

I wonder if the spelling critic is watching every word?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
LOL!
He did have a bit of sarcastic to him, didn`t he..but he was cute.

I wonder if the spelling critic is watching every word?

"Hello? Spelling Police?....I have a dangling participle to report."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships