Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM

128 posts, read 208,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
That's what they always say when they are less accomplished and not as cool! If you can't hack a general conversation with someone without getting jealous of them..... you aren't confident. You are a jealous d-o-u-c-h-e! Not you of course.
Haha - The red and the purple are two different things. Red - not true. Purple - very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 11:02 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,651,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~A New Me~ View Post
Haha - The red and the purple are two different things. Red - not true. Purple - very true.
That's how I feel too. If I told you what I did yesterday at work in a casual conversation......is that? How about what my friends ask me advice for? My phone rings a lot! If you worry constantly about outdoing someone who had the same opportunity, is that confidence? I don't think it is. Someone who is always willing to help others and share anything you might know to assist isn't either. That's a fine line to walk. It's the people who constantly get butthurt over it that have issues. You are your own individual star. Let it shine as bright as you can. I for one like to read a doctors posts on here. He has a lot of really cool stuff and I've chimed in a few times on it. I think he likes me because I don't break his balls about being a doctor and he's rich!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,346,846 times
The difference is manners... confidence is good manners and arrogance is not.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM

471 posts, read 1,044,237 times
Confidence is believing in yourself and your abilities.

Arrogance is believing you are better than everyone because of your abilities.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
The difference is manners... confidence is good manners and arrogance is not.
I think that is a good one as well. I used to work with a guy (Dave) who was an arrogant a$$. The way he walked... the way he talked...the way he spoke to you and women. The guy was a douche-bag. He was also the type to always be looking in the mirror and combing his hair. Know what I mean? We didn't like each other very much! He didn't like me because of scaring some decency back into him. "Get over here and do this....... NOW!" I'll be there when I'm finished a$$hole! lmao

Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM

128 posts, read 208,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post

I like this definition.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 AM

37,720 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
If she likes you it's confidence, if she doesn't like you it's arrogance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Man, ain't that the truth! It's open to "interpretation" shall we say.
I believe the terms are pretty easy to understand. Look them up. If you seriously cannot figure it out, then ask a good friend to tell you if either adjective could be used to describe you. Pretty easy for most people I think.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM

37,720 posts, read 46,165,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post

Yup. This^^.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:33 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,212,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
i think that arrogance judges, while confidence does not.

i think a confident person is positive and makes others feel good about themselves. an arrogant person, the opposite.
Not so sure about the second part, as a person can be generally positive and make others feel good about themselves without confidence in themselves.

I'd say arrogance would be the doing something and EXPECTING to get the results one wants, perhaps a bit recklessly.

Confidence, on the other hand, would be doing something with the belief and the ability to make it happen, without being an ******* about it.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I believe the terms are pretty easy to understand. Look them up. If you seriously cannot figure it out, then ask a good friend to tell you if either adjective could be used to describe you. Pretty easy for most people I think.
My friends call me BBJ for a reason. It's a lifetime commitment to see to it they are RIGHT. I never-ever rub it in and keep cool about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships