Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you GENERALLY approve of cohabitation before marriage?
Yes, it's totally acceptable any time 37 57.81%
Yes, but it's not the best way of going about things 7 10.94%
During engagement, yes 7 10.94%
No! 13 20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,522,884 times

Advertisements

I said during the engagement it's ok.

No religious objections to shack up beforehand but I just think you're "playing house" without any commitment. Why buy the cow...

Old 03-03-2011, 12:28 PM

90 posts, read 154,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Again, just b/c someone expresses their religious belief here, they sure don't need to be slammed for it!! There are people all over this Relationship forum that judge and say things that others don't agree with. The OP asked a question and whatever the replies are, so be it!
And again, he started it by basicly calling those who disagree with him "immoral". And THAT is why he deserves to get slammed. You can have your oppinion but he is the one who did the offending and tryed to push his views as the only right way.

I'm not critizising him because of his views, I'm critisizing him because he has a "holier than thou" attitude and because he indirectly insulted those who disagreed with him.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM

10,219 posts, read 17,989,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I said during the engagement it's ok.

No religious objections to shack up beforehand but I just think you're "playing house" without any commitment. Why buy the cow...
Surely, moving in together is a huge commitment in itself? Generally, people don't just move in together on a whim.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM

499 posts, read 893,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
And again, he started it by basicly calling those who disagree with him "immoral". And THAT is why he deserves to get slammed. You can have your oppinion but he is the one who did the offending and tryed to push his views as the only right way.

I'm not critizising him because of his views, I'm critisizing him because he has a "holier than thou" attitude and because he indirectly insulted those who disagreed with him.

you think that it's moral. he thinks that it's unmoral. So why you have right to state your thought but he does not? is it fair?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
you think that it's moral. he thinks that it's unmoral. So why you have right to state your thought but he does not? is it fair?
You don't think people take offence by basicly getting told they're "immoral"?

What if I said your views are wrong and immoral? How would you react?

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You don't think people take offence by basicly getting told they're "immoral"?

What if I said your views are wrong and immoral? How would you react?
i would just give some reasons to show that my behaviours are not immoral (for me of course).

and her/his (?) intention was just to state why it is a wrong behaviour for her/him, not to judge or humiliate you.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
i would just defend myself.

and her/his (?) intention was just to state why it is a wrong behaviour for her/him, not to judge or humiliate you.
And it's not a wrong behavior! Tons of couples cohabitate before marriage, why would they be wrong? There is no right or wrong here... People do what works best for them. Maybe you should just let people live their lifes the way they want too instead of judging them.

I don't have any problem what so ever with people who don't want to cohabitate before marriage, thats their choice, just like it's my choice to want to do it.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,819,383 times
I'm marrying before the living together process. Statistically, living together before marriage has been proved to be a failure.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,369,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm marrying before the living together process. Statistically, living together before marriage has been proved to be a failure.
When is the pilot of this soap going to air?

Old 03-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
And it's not a wrong behavior! Tons of couples cohabitate before marriage, why would they be wrong? There is no right or wrong here... People do what works best for them. Maybe you should just let people live their lifes the way they want too instead of judging them.

I don't have any problem what so ever with people who don't want to cohabitate before marriage, thats their choice, just like it's my choice to want to do it.

and tvdxer doesn't have any problem what so ever with people who want to cohabitate before marriage, that's their choice, just like it's tvdxer's choice not to want to do it because it's immoral from TVDXER'S POINT OF VIEW.
SO WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships