Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,998,678 times

Advertisements

If your cool with some of your exes, then keep them. If not, delete them. I kept ex #1 and ex #3, they're okay with me. The recent ex, I needed out of my life as much as possible, even virtually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,321,988 times
I never maintain friendships with ANY ex... but I think the OP is a bit too weak if he can't deal with ex friends... I mean why would anyone want to pretend that their SO never dated anyone else before them? What if they just went to dinner once and nothing really developed? That is kind of ridiculous! Plus FB is a congregation of turds, nobody takes it seriously. Jealousy is a huge turnoff.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
i'm facebook friends with my ex, we never talk frankly, I'll probably delete her on the next round of list pruning I do
If you want to delete her, why not delete her now? Why wait until the next pruning?

Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,714,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If you want to delete her, why not delete her now? Why wait until the next pruning?
lazy mainly

Old 03-09-2011, 03:08 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,683,206 times
i think OP needs a Valium and to cancel his FB account....

breathe in. breathe out. see the white puffy clouds..... relax.... wash, rinse repeat....

Old 03-09-2011, 04:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,722,083 times
I have no issues with it.

What's in the past, is in the past. If there weren't any good feelings involved, we would have never BEEN involved, but they're exes for a reason.

If we really wanted to be with them, or they were the "right" one, then we'd still be with them, and not with you. Obviously, they weren't right for us, but it doesn't make them a bad person.

I have one on Facebook--I rarely comment on her stuff, she rarely comments on mine. We don't send mail either...her boyfriend might get jealous.

Jealousy is born out of fear. The fear that you're not "good enough". For the jealous person--he or she picked YOU above anyone else. Remember that.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:32 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,083 times
I'm not facebook friends with my ex. I used to be, but she was one of the people I deleted after high school.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,824,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
I wonder who this group of "fellas" is you're speaking for? They sound a bit touchy.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,346,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
Insecure much?

I have five (I think) exes as FB friends. Only one of those was serious, back in 1998. He's married now I think you need to grow the heck up.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,403,193 times
"...We don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook."

If Facebook is so "stupid" to you, why are you starting a thread about it here? Why are you obsessing about something so ludicrously trivial as having exes on a Facebook page? Why are you monitoring your partner's Facebook page if it's so stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships