Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:13 PM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post

I've got a theory---like to hear it? Here it is...

All this American vs foreign born women boola-boola is the result of SOME of these guys (yeah I said SOME...the majority probably ain't like this) finding out that American women aren't taking any of their post-adolescent crapola, domestic violence, and 'me tarzan you Jane stay home and make babies and cook for Tarzan' BS, and are telling them to make like a walking stick and hit the bricks...

And this is no slight to foreign born women either...please don't take it as such...but it gets monotonous all the time, with this 'I'm gonna get me a foreign girl...you Western/American women are a bunch of ball-breaking, gold digging, loud-mouthed beeyotches who won't say how high when I say jump!'

How about a little truth...either your game is weaker than Charmin in a monsoon, and you need to step it up...or (gasp!) quit TRYING to run games and actually treat a woman with some dignity and respect...maybe then you won't be running across the ocean with your tails between your legs and your d***s slung over your shoulders, looking for some shrinking violet who's gonna kiss your a** 24/7 and not question anything you do...

When I knew, back in the day, that I either needed to make a better me, or spend a lot of time getting personal with my right hand, guess which one I chose? It's not that hard, and all American women aren't the daughters of Cruella DeVille
Truth!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
How is the "divorce rate" calculated? Number of annual divorces per year divided by population of married couples? That would mean 70 percent of CA couples divorce each year? Maybe in Hollywood!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
Fascinating.. Tell us about yourself.. This should be good!
He just did.

You should listen.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:19 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
From USCIS Home Page (http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/mobappa.htm - broken link)

"According to data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, there were
2,395,000 marriages in the U.S. in the 12 months ending June, 1997 (and
1,154,000 divorces in the same period). The 4,000 to 6,000 marriages
involving international services represent, then, a tiny portion (.021
percent) of the women who marry U.S. men.

It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the
agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would
appear to have a much lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole,
fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for
which reports are available."

The divorce rate for American men who marry American women: 57%
(officially). But since the figures from several states (including
California) are excluded, the true national divorce rate is likely
closer to 65%. The divorce rate in California is over 70%.

The divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women: approximately
20%.

So you can marry an American woman and have a close to two-thirds chance
of getting divorced, or you can marry a foreign woman and have at least
a 75% chance of success.
Yeah, but then you have to be married to someone of a different culture with all the potential problems that brings

Not sure why you are working so hard on your recent threads to discredit American women, but the truth is there can be MANY reasons why marriages to foreign women appeal to SOME American men.

Not the least of which is that SOME American men can't handle highly educated, independent American women. They have to look at subserviant cultures where the woman is more of a second class citizen to find a mate they can handle.

Well, more power to them - really. Whatever floats your boat Just realize, it's not as black and white as you'd like for everyone to believe.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 PM

81 posts, read 197,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
He just did.

You should listen.

Really. Did he tell us about the success he had in marriage, is he divorced? Abandoned, screw over by women? He talks an awful big game so Id like to know the details! On one hand he talks about the "game"..then moments later says not to play them!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM

81 posts, read 197,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yeah, but then you have to be married to someone of a different culture with all the potential problems that brings

Not sure why you are working so hard on your recent threads to discredit American women, but the truth is there can be MANY reasons why marriages to foreign women appeal to SOME American men.

Not the least of which is that SOME American men can't handle highly educated, independent American women. They have to look at subserviant cultures where the woman is more of a second class citizen to find a mate they can handle.

Well, more power to them - really. Whatever floats your boat Just realize, it's not as black and white as you'd like for everyone to believe.

The only bashing of women that has gone on here are the bashing of foreign women consistently by women here. Then categorizing American men who get foreign women as desperate or inadequate! Yeah that Tom Brady is quite pathetic for marrying a Brazilian woman

Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
part of that difference is cultural. most mail order brides come from cultures where they are raised to be submissive. they don't even think of divorcing, and the men would be foolish to divorce a woman that submits to his control. i'm not saying a man should be in control, just that if he has it what motivation would he have to give it up?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:05 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here's the error in a nutshell.

In 2010, 100 people got married.
In 2010, 65 people got divorced.
Conclusion: The divorce rate is 65%.

Except it's not. Most of those 65 people did not marry in 2010, so you're not comparing the same groups.

Maybe those 65 people got married when only 80 people got married.

I find the who area to be interesting. Nobody knows the exact divorce rate for a particular year until everyone is dead....or divorced.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
The only bashing of women that has gone on here are the bashing of foreign women consistently by women here. Then categorizing American men who get foreign women as desperate or inadequate! Yeah that Tom Brady is quite pathetic for marrying a Brazilian woman
After trying, unsuccessfully, to please impossible to please American women for the past 40 years, American men look very good to foreign women. Their own men are still back in the "dark ages" emulating the type of American man who was common 60+ years ago.

Sure there are some marriages that are strictly about getting a guy's money, but these unions exist a lot among domestic couples too and no women find that to be a problem. If anything, they seem to think it's the natural order of things. Besides, foreign women are satisfied with a lot less and usually can stretch a dollar in a way that would put nearly all AW under the age of 70 to shame.

It's laughable when one considers how much most men have improved over the past 50 years and it is never good enough for nearly all American women.

They really need a dose of reality. They should marry an Arab and try to act empowered.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
According to the experts, #1 cause of divorce is marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships