Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:37 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times

Advertisements

He is thinking that he doesn't want a relationship. He told you that he didn't want a relationship right now. Your status is that you don't have and probably will never have a relationship with him. Move on. Let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're asking what your relationship status is?

If he said he's not ready for a relationship, then you're not in a relationship.
^^Yep.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedandlost View Post
Then why does he say he is hurt by the thought of me bring with another man? Why does he get worried and full of panic when I don't reply to him after a fight? Why does he say he is thinking of me randomly? Why the 3 or 4 hour phone convos every night? He treats me like a real woman every time we are together. If he not into me, why all these things and more? ...
Why? It's obviousl! Because he wants to have his cake and eat it too!

By saying he "doesn't want a relationship", he believes he somehow absolves himself from doing all the things that a real partner in a relationship does. And yet he gets attention, a dating partner and a "kissing buddy" without having to reciprocate.

He doesn't want a relationship yet he continually sends you "thinking of you messages"? Ugh. He's a player. He is playing with your time, your emotions, your hopes and your life. Keeping you dangling. Unless that is okay with you, don't walk, RUN away from this one!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times
He is just a "STD".... treat him like the person that he is, enjoy him -when you are with him, laugh, joke and have fun with him, do all the things you would do with a S-omething T-o Do-.... no emotions, stop wantING something that doesn't want you... if he says your cute than you say your handsome, if he says I want more -than you say I want more too...if he says I love you, than you say I love you too....
when the night is over and you are by yourself - remember that you practiced with him and learned from him,,,, so when Mr right comes along , all your love, energy and emotions were stored up for the right one, not the practice dummy.....

Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
Best thing to do here is to date other people and keep him on the fridge.

When people don't want a relationship and they are saying it, they have the tendency to keep the other person on the loop. Often they ask for "time"

Either you are ready or not, so don't wait for anybody.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:08 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honey, you CANNOT EVER "do" anything to make someone commit to you, so get that out of your head, okay?

When a guy tells you they "don't want a relationship" right now, BELIEVE THEM or risk getting your heart broken. You are, however, free to hang around for as long as you want to see if he changes his mind over time. I wouldn't recommend doing that too long though, maybe a month or two.

And to clarify the words for you - you do have a "relationship" with him simply by knowing him at all - but you are not IN a relationship with him, see the difference?
This! He is telling you he doesn't want a relationship. It doesn't matter if he acts like you have one. It doesn't matter if he slips and calls it a "relationship". He doesn't want to be in a relationship...he just wants the benefits. Men want affection, cuddles, sex, etc....he may want all of that and still not want a relationship. He can separate the two things.

Find someone compatible.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 AM

97 posts, read 80,621 times
Pffft. You've never even been intimate sexually. And it's only a month 'relationship'. I don't see the big deal really, OP. Just make sure you are official when you decide to have sex with him. Like the millionaire matchmaker always say:

NO SEX BEFORE MONOGAMY!

In my case. I make it a point if we do become intimate, that we are either living together or married. In fact if I agreed to my husband that we will only meet every weekend at his house while we were dating? I doubt we are gonna be married by now. Do what YOU want in the relationship the complicated thing is.. the other person must want the same thing, ya know.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:56 PM

581 posts, read 664,568 times
"Not ready for a relationship" means that he isn't into you enough and doesn't want to commit to you. What else do you need to know? Move on. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn't really like you and just wants to play around with you and get some free sex. I can guarantee you that when he meets a girl that he really likes, he will get "in a relationship" with her so fast it will make your head spin.

Have some self-respect and dignity, do not see or call him anymore.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
This generally means the other person is more interested in keeping their options open. If this is okay with you, continue on. If not, move on.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:33 PM

609 posts, read 615,411 times
Why do people dig up threads that are no longer relevant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships