Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:10 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
People who spit, especially troublesome if it's a woman.

People who talk like they're from the hood.
+1 and +1 again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
1. People who are permanently attached to their cell phones. I've seen entire families at a restaurant not speaking with each other because they were ALL busy talking, texting, playing games or listening to music on their cell phones. When I go out with family or friends I do not want to be interrupted or preoccupied with a phone.
+5

It's not just teenage girls anymore. Most people are way way too attached to their cell phones. Personally I think it's incredibly rude to be texting excessively while interacting with someone else/on a date/sharing a meal/getting coffee/hanging out with friends/attempting to hold a conversation. Seriously get off your phone and live in the real world. Excessive cell phone usage is the ultimate enemy of interpersonal interaction.

Rant: off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 AM

19,536 posts, read 9,552,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Women who scream and carry on for attention if they see a bug or a rodent.

People who stop dead in the middle of a sidewalk at rush hour. I realize this doesn't apply to all places.

People who talk loudly on their cell phones on a train.

Eeek, a mouse I do know that type. I only worry 'bout that thing scurrying to crawl up a pant leg. Then, it might well be an
I'm not fond of spiders but I'm not gonna scream - unless it drops on my bareback as I'm getting undressed. Another eek moment..
It's just the feel of something like that on your skin. The surprise factor, if you will. Just a visual sighting, nah, that won't elicit a scream. Not from me anyways.

I wonder about the people who stop dead in their tracks in the middle of a busy train station or a grocery store, or anyplace like that, if of driving age, would they even think twice to slam on their car brakes on the street w/out cause? They know what could happen. Or rather, should know what could happen. I get a kick outta the ones who glare at you when you bump into them like it's your fault because you're walking behind them when they just happen to stop dead in their tracks for no apparent reason.

As for the cell phone folks talking really loud.
Some probably do talk loud for the recognition factor but maybe there's a few that have hearing problems, whether temporary or permanent. I've known a few that don't realize how loud their voices are until you mention it to them.

It can be equally annoying to have to hear one person speaking for an extended period of time. I think there was a study done about the one-sided conversation of a cell phone user and why it's so nerve-wracking or even annoying to the listeners around - aside from that particular individual's nuances, ie - chewing and popping gum, accents, squeeky voice, etc.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,024 times
People with bad manners, especially people who are digusting when eating and people who talk over others.

Other than that, I don't care what you do or who you are. As long as your civil and polite, I accept anyone.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,792 times
People who eat with their mouths open. Unless you were raised in a barn, I don't wanna hear the sounds of you eating your food. Not only is it rude and annoying, but it's the biggest turn off ever.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM

68 posts, read 168,925 times
People who call wanting a phone number and when I get ready to give it to them, tell me to hold-on...so they can get a pen.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
People who call and leave you a message saying they have "interesting news." When you call them back it's to tell you they are lowering their psychiatric medication by 125 mg and that maybe that is why they've been dizzy. No kidding, this just happened to me this morning. Thank God a fun call beeped in and I could get off the call.

I guess in a nutshell - mediocrity and mostly inanity.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:26 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times
Too many to list but here are a few:
Overly opinionated people-There's a time to speak your mind and a time to shut up.
Pessimistic/Cynical/Sarcastic people-I can't stand people that look at the downside to everything
Drivers that wait until the last minute to merge
Women backing it up in the club on Saturday night, then go to church the next day.
Foul-mouthed people-using a cuss word every other sentence is not a good look.
People who hurt others because they were hurt themselves-Sorry, but hurt people hurt people isn't a valid excuse for treating others like poo. Deal with your hurts and move on
Women and/or men that think fighting is healthy in a relationship
No sense of accountability
People that dish it out but can't take it-LAMES.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:40 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,057,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
1: General irritating people: feminists, commies, religious nuts, gun nuts, environment-nazis, mothers who let their toddlers cry... (get some duck-tape ffs),

2: these:
Agree. What the hell is up with the screamers?,

3: People who regard history, literature or other fact-knowledge as important... try evolving something useful out of shakespeare(and no i don't give a flying F if that(or anything else) is misspelled)

4: People who complain about spelling/grammar/punctuation in texts that are not even supposed to be published. Just because I don't correct-read a F'n internet post doesn't mean I can't when I need to. (people in "3" are usually among these people as well)

5: crowds who take up space in the gym, especially the new-years resolutions, F!!! off, you're gonna do so in a month or two anyways.

6: Doctors who tell you to rest for 2 weeks and come back if nothings changed...

7: Milfs making suggesting comments and flirts without holding up to em.
"If I was a few years younger" BS. Shut it and spread em'.

LOL...So funny!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 PM

250 posts, read 911,350 times
conceit
ignorance
being rude
attention seekers
any adult "bully" especially when it comes to disabled or children in general
putting people down others hoping it makes them look better

Old 03-22-2011, 04:06 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,412,200 times
Angry hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Mouth breathers.
'Breathers'...period.

Especially those still breathing after standing at the check out in a grocery store acting like they have never used either their club card or credit card before in their lives.

Oh...and the folks who have to 'nudge' you w/their shopping carts while you
are standing in line somewhere...boy that gets my goat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships