Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,413,269 times

Advertisements

*People who use Self-Checkout and insist on paying with cash. [The premise behind these machines is speed! Folks trying to "flatten" our their cash really slows down the process.]

*People who use Self-Checkout and have a shopping cart full of items. [Not a big deal if you're food shopping at 11pm at night, but not very courteous or bright if you're doing this midday or during the evening.]

*PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY POST IN BOLD AND CAPS ON MESSAGEBOARDS.

*Smokers who toss cigarettes butts out their windows or anywhere for that matter. Same could be said for gum chewers. Heck...I don't like anybody who litters!!!! It royally p*sses me off.

*People who think their dogs are human. [I have family members that are guilty of this and it drives me up a wall.]

*People who take 15 minutes to back their car up at of a space because they think their compact sedan is an 18-wheeler. [I can get my truck in and out in a fraction of the time that they just wasted.]

*People who talk on their cell phone with the intention that you hear their conversation. I find that women in the nail salon are guilty of this. I go there to relax and don't need to hear your vapid conversation. I make it a point to not speak on my phone at salons or I keep my conversations quiet & brief so as not to disturb other clients. These days it seems like I'm the only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,987,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
People who answer the phone when they know they are busy instead of letting it go to voicemal
LOL. I think that is just someone who just doesnt want to talk to YOU.

Some more pet peeves of mine:

People who say "Have a Blessed Day" on their voice mail greeting.
Slow walking, feet dragging women.
Women who KNOW they need their card key to access the parking garage at work, but they wait until they are right at the gate to start fidgeting through their purse trying to find it. Have that SH*T ready before you get there!! Ugh.
People who automatically think I like Fox News, Ann Coulter and Glen Beck when I tell them I am Republican. I hate Fox, I despise Coulter and Beck. I think they are idiots.
People who push shopping carts away from the store and into neighborhoods.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
*People who think their dogs are human. [I have family members that are guilty of this and it drives me up a wall.]
OMG, agreed. I know you love him, but he's not your child, he's your dog.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 AM

817 posts, read 812,350 times
Some of my pet peeves with people on the forum:

1) Don't assume things when you don't know jack about me or what my views are on various issues, I can understand your tendency to pass judgments because of your self conferred "expert" delusions, but hold your horses

2) Just because I advise people against going out with the wrong persons, or make certain observations about society in general that I have observed doesn't mean that I am desperate for a date or a woman, there are men in this world that live quite happily without dying for attention from women, and yes they do stand on two legs and breathe through their nostrils, a complete man doesn't need a woman to make his life complete.

3) People who give advises about the dating game and so on should make sure that they are atleast aware of the dating scenario in the outside world at the current moment, what worked 20 years ago doesn't work today, what worked 3 years ago doesn't even work anymore, so that's something you have to keep in mind before you jump the gun. The world changes at a pace faster than you can imagine at times, while it's alright to not observe that, passing judgments with a smug sense of achievement doesn't cut it.

4) Technology does change a lot of things, heck, even the dating world and the social perceptions of people, the top 10 careers in 2010 didn't even exist back in 2004, similarly the methods used back in 2004 don't work for the most part today, so keep that in mind before offering outdated advises. Food for thought.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,333,573 times
* People who gather at the entrance of a door or in the middle of an aisle making it impossible to get by without having to say "excuse me." This REALLY p*sses me off! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

* Flicking a lit cigarette out of the window while driving. Have some consideration for the people driving behind you! Put an ashtray in your car if you don't already have one!!

* People who talk on their cell phone contantly! No one is that important. Your friend, cousin, mama, mistress, boo, etc. can wait until you are private. I don't want to hear that shyt while I'm eating, shopping, waiting in line.......

* For some unknown reason, it takes some people forever to get money out of an ATM machine. Why is this? Either you have the money in the bank or not. Don't look at the machine in surprise or put your card back in 2-3-4 times.......it's not there!

* Sagging pants.....I'm not going to elaborate...it just raises my blood pressure. You've seen them.

* Parents who do not control their children. I can't stand it when they let their kids run all over the restaurant or store running and climbing all over everything! Get somewhere and sit your azz down!

* People who drive while talking on their cell phones going 40mph on the freakin' highway!

* People who drive slow in the fast lane and won't move over!

I really dislike going out in public more and more.......

Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,491,344 times
Other peeves...

People who seem to fall asleep at a red light (especially in the left turn lane waiting for a green arrow) and when it finally turns green they just SIT there!

Women who do their hair, make-up or nails while driving.

Obese people who fill their shopping carts with high-fat junk foods. Makes me even sicker if they have their equally obese children with them.

People who, when at the check-out, find that they have racked up a bill higher than they can afford so then have to go through their groceries/items removing things. Get a hint...know how much you have in your bank account, wallet/purse or welfare account BEFORE you start to shop!

Panhandlers, especially those who approach me directly.

People using their cell phones while at the movies. I'm finding just as many adults guilty of this as teenagers and children.

Parents who let their young children dress and act as mini-adults.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,691,358 times
Lack of respect! I am so mad at my employer right now, i could spit!!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times
Quote:
People using their cell phones while at the movies. I'm finding just as many adults guilty of this as teenagers and children.
I'd amend that to cell phones everywhere, all the time. I was at an Oscar party a few weeks ago, and I was the only person there who left her phone in her purse. Everyone else was clutching theirs tightly like a worry bead. It's worrying that people can't just chill for a few hours, and maybe check for messages once or twice.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:31 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,127,694 times
My biggest pet peeve is women who get offended by the term "female" and here's the big one.....women who go to the club on the weekend, then have the nerve to be in church praising God on Sunday morning. Can we say hypocrite?

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,333,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
My biggest pet peeve is women who get offended by the term "female" and here's the big one.....women who go to the club on the weekend, then have the nerve to be in church praising God on Sunday morning. Can we say hypocrite?
Well, the only way to know they were at both places was for you to see them at both places......hmmmmmm

*Just giving you a hard time NSJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships