Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,358,301 times

Advertisements

I despise being lied to and dishonesty is uncalled for. I like a guy to put his cards on the table and play it straight if I want to dance then I'll do what I am going to do with the benefit of making an informed decision. "Liar, Liar Pants on Fire" Well that's what peeves me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 11:48 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,936,577 times
Quote:
What are your pet peeves when it comes to people?
The phrase "pet peeve." The minute someone starts to talk to me about his or her pet, invariably named Peeve, I look to see their information retriever on a leash.

(Sorry, but I do miss William Safire . . . )

Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,480,360 times
Oh where do I start...

1. People who talk too much - good grief, shut it already.

2. People whose favorite subject is themselves ("enough about me, what do you think about me?"). I used to have people who called me just to talk about themselves... for a good 45 minutes at least. I stopped answering my phone because of people like this.

3. People who think the world owes them a favor (TWOMF - "the world owes me a favor")

4. Gossipers or people who talk about their other friend's personal business to others.

5. People who are chronically late then when they do show up, they'll give a weak and pathetic, "sorry" as if they're really sorry they made you and everyone else wait for their sorry a$$... again.

6. People who don't take responsibility for their lives or their mistakes and they find a way to justify it or defend it.

7. People who drive in unpredictable ways - cutting people off, swerving through traffic like a bozo only to find all that speeding brought you to a red light with me right behind you (I doubt people who drive like this even notice the irony).

8. Chronic contrarians

9. Arrogant people - you know who you are

10. People who spend an hour in front of the mirror... and judges others negatively who don't.

11. Braggers

12. People who aren't happy for you because they aren't happy with themselves.

13. Attention wh*res (stole this from a previous poster

14. People who look down on others because they don't think/act/dress/live/clean/love/believe the same as they do.

15. People who make assumptions or come to conclusions/judgements based on stereotypes, second hand information, little information or just plane stupidity.

16. People who don't think before they talk

17. Whiners drive me up the wall.

Last edited by mommabear2; 03-26-2011 at 03:24 AM..

Old 03-26-2011, 06:11 AM

12,985 posts, read 13,738,537 times
I don't like them

Old 03-26-2011, 02:09 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,369,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
My biggest pet peeve is women who get offended by the term "female" and here's the big one.....women who go to the club on the weekend, then have the nerve to be in church praising God on Sunday morning. Can we say hypocrite?
I had a friend I who used to start telling me about Jesus around her fifth beer.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:12 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a friend I who used to start telling me about Jesus around her fifth beer.
You're lucky you made it to the 5th beer at least.....

I've got in touch with an old buddy from way back through FB, now when I see postings from his wife, she can't make a post with out mentioning Jesus.

I come from the belief that your religion is private thing.

But, to each their own.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM

530 posts, read 1,133,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
1: General irritating people: feminists, commies, religious nuts, gun nuts, environment-nazis, mothers who let their toddlers cry... (get some duck-tape ffs),

2: these:
Agree. What the hell is up with the screamers?,

3: People who regard history, literature or other fact-knowledge as important... try evolving something useful out of shakespeare(and no i don't give a flying F if that(or anything else) is misspelled)

4: People who complain about spelling/grammar/punctuation in texts that are not even supposed to be published. Just because I don't correct-read a F'n internet post doesn't mean I can't when I need to. (people in "3" are usually among these people as well)

5: crowds who take up space in the gym, especially the new-years resolutions, F!!! off, you're gonna do so in a month or two anyways.

6: Doctors who tell you to rest for 2 weeks and come back if nothings changed...

7: Milfs making suggesting comments and flirts without holding up to em.
"If I was a few years younger" BS. Shut it and spread em'.
You are hilarious!!! You had me shocked and cracking up laughing!!! Thanks!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM

10,448 posts, read 12,493,550 times
People who see children and the disabled as expendable and disposable.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM

530 posts, read 1,133,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
1. People who are permanently attached to their cell phones. I've seen entire families at a restaurant not speaking with each other because they were ALL busy talking, texting, playing games or listening to music on their cell phones. When I go out with family or friends I do not want to be interrupted or preoccupied with a phone.

2. People who stand too close in the check-out line, especially the ones who keep pushing so close that they or their cart keeps hitting me in the ass! Even worse, when their equally ignorant children do it and they are jumping all over the place. For some reason I find this to be more of an issue with certain "immigrant" groups.
YES number 2, I can't stand that.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:15 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
People who see children and the disabled as expendable and disposable.

I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships