Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,502,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbey View Post
Ok, I won't. I'll just walk away with my head held high. I apologized to his mother through him, but she will never hear it....believe me! He got his family on his side and I am sure they all hate me now. One of his sister-in laws deleted me from face book and I barely ever talked to her. I made one hell of a mess. When I found out he cheated, I should have just walked away and said nothing.....went home to my bedroom and cried and left it at that. Damn....shoulda, coulda, woulda but too late now unfortunately!!!
You've apologized. Doubtful that his mother will ever hear it. Of course, he's going to have his family on his side. Ever hear the old phrase, "blood is thicker than water"?

Do yourself a favor, and delete all the people related to him, close friends with him, off your Facebook page today, and put blocks on him, increase your privacy settings. Maybe even take yourself off Facebook for a while. That way you won't be tempted to cyber-stalk him, and likewise they will be unable to cyber-stalk you. (I have a friend who's currently cyber-stalking an ex, I've told her the same thing. It's just too much temptation.)

Begin your new life today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,723,914 times
i'm not gonna read that wall of text, but no you should not have apologized for him cheating on you

Old 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM

254 posts, read 811,564 times
He's not on facebook and doesn't know how to use a computer. In fact when his gf wanted to see pictures to prove we had been together, he told her that he was really not with me and that I had them photo-shopped or digitally redone to put him in there!!! What a crock! Anyway, no worries about facebook stalking......

Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM

31,272 posts, read 22,274,005 times
Quote:
He's not on facebook and doesn't know how to use a computer. In fact when his gf wanted to see pictures to prove we had been together, he told her that he was really not with me and that I had them photo-shopped or digitally redone to put him in there!!! What a crock! Anyway, no worries about facebook stalking......
Well, thank god he was just your bf and you didn't have kids together. I'm assuming you had some sort of mutual agreement that you would not see anyone else?

Usually when people break up, they will look for additional fault or problems with the relationship or with the other person. It makes it easier to think you are moving away from something bad than from someone good. Him planning on moving away with another woman is a big one. You creating additional drama with his mother is a big one. Either way these are both tangible reasons that you will be better off without him.

Age does not necessarily equate to wisdom. You are hurt and bitter, your reactions are normal. Learn, don't be bitter and move on.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:13 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,209,643 times
Quote:
After reading all these posts, I wonder if maybe I should send her a card in the mail to apologize? Just short and sweet, saying- I had no business involving her and I'm sorry I made that call. I will no longer be contacting your son or any other family member. Please accept my deepest aplogies as I was very upset at the time. ....Something along those lines, maybe?
I think you should take to heart The Wonderful Tar Baby Story and stop getting stuck. The more you try to make things the better, the worse they will get. In a few weeks you will be over it.

Good fortune.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:43 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,326,840 times
You don't owe anyone an apology. If he had any concern for his ailing mother he would have not cheated on you and pissed you off in the first place!!! He is the one who doesn't care about anyone... not even his mother - otherwise he would have tried to apologize to you and leave things on a good note - and he would have informed his mom himself instead of making you have to do it. People like that never want to admit to anyone else that they are a bad person. They just hide their disgusting behavior and think that there would be no consequences. Well, too bad for him that there was a consequence -- his mom got a taste of it because he didn't want to deal with your anger directly. Tell him to eat poo and die!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:27 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,416,264 times
Quote:
Don't know why you are so bitter with me Headhunter! I know I made a bad mistake but I
didn't do anything malicious! I asked for advice and not to be raked over the coals!!!!
Don't pay attention. The posts of that poster are not to be taken seriously.

With that said, I feel terrible that it happened to you. It totally sucks. Finding out that someone cheated on you is a very painful experience and people don't often react in a rational way. At that moment, the thinking is clouded and all you want to do is hurt that person back.

I think calling his sick mother was a wrong move as well as the irrational texting, but you already know that. Therefore, just like other posters said, you need to never contact this guy again and work on your own healing. Don't worry about what this guy is thinking of you at this point. He is a douchebag, unworthy of any more attention. You need to work on your well-being now.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,416,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Your reaction was mere child's play compared to what I did ....but I was 20 at the time.

Age does not matter when it comes to a broken heart. You just have to pick yourself up as best you can, learn from past mistakes and move on without a criminal record! Good luck!
Amen.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:30 PM

14,576 posts, read 23,137,727 times
All I can say is "wow".

This should be a spectator sport.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:55 PM

31,272 posts, read 22,274,005 times
If he was moving away with another woman, it sounds like he was already gone? Like almost everyone here, the mother had nothing to do with the son's behavior, she should have been left alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships