Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,599,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I can't believe some of the gold digger comments of women on here lol Glad I married a sensible woman lol

After a month the OP should have at least been offering something, even if it was a meal cooked at home so she didn't have to lay out more money than necessary. Then to come on here and complain about it seems sort of "in it for the money" and who wants to date someone like that?

This... If a woman doesn't start paying for things after a month or so... C ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 06:17 AM

380 posts, read 795,830 times
Sorry but I believe in splitting everything 50/50. My first date with my current bf was split. I paid for my stuff he paid for his. Since then if we do dinner and a movie one of us pays for dinner and the other pays for the movie.

I think after a month of him paying hes more than entitled to ask you to pay.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:21 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yup...

I can't believe you've dated this guy for a month and haven't asked to pick up the tab or reciprocated yet.

Frankly, I think both people here are a little sketchy.

If I were you, I would have already paid (or offered genuinely) several times by now. If I were him, I would have dumped you already if I was that uncomfortable with the one-sidedness of the situation...not been all passive-aggressive about it.
Without Hesitation.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:28 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
I cannot believe the attitude of some women in this country!

While I think it is nice (not vital, but definitely good form) for the man to pick up the check on a first date, to go out for a MONTH and not once offer to contribute anything is just wrong IMHO.

I had a friend who used to do this and guess what, non of her relationships worked out.
I kept telling her that she could still let the guy take the lead, but at the very LEAST she could get the drinks at the bar if he paid for dinner, or get popcorn and a drink if he buys the cinema tickets.

No man wants to feel like an open wallet with a woman who just assumes he will always pay.

I think BOTH sides here are in the wrong, but more so the OP.

If I was a guy and by date 3 the woman hadn't offered to buy me as much as a drink after I had laid out 3 dinners, I would write her off as a freeloading, presumptuous and frankly rude cheepskate.
Sorry if I offended you. I have a date today with a man that always pay for my lunches. I will print this post and give it to him LOL poor thing

Old 04-22-2011, 06:29 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
They are not worth seeing me at least. If other women enjoy paying for dates, well that is their choice.

But again in my world, something as petty as that is not concievable
Why do you feel so entitled? Simply because you're a woman, so you suscribe to the "those who have the apendage must pay" ideaology?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Why do you feel so entitled? Simply because you're a woman, so you suscribe to the "those who have the apendage must pay" ideaology?
I do not feel entitled, I just do not enjoy pay for dates. And I get a lot of invitations, what can I do?

If men ask me out, they pay. I never ask them out so I do not pay.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Not just tacky but an indication of his (lack of) feelings for her. It would have been a total buzz kill for me.

Men are not sexy when they ask a woman to pay.
Are you one of those women who gets sexually aroused by the "MASCULINE" act of pickiing up the tab? Subconscious gold digging tendencies exhibited here.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
I would not pay for anything so early( honestly most men do not let me pay ever) but maybe it is just me. I only date men that do not mind to pay. I do not like cheapstakes. Lol
Quote:
Most gentlemen that ask me out pay. I can pay because I have money but if a man asks me to pay foru food most likely it will not be another date
Quote:
I just feel that if a guy wants to see you he should pay. I completely understand why you don't want to see him again.
Quote:
I personally do not like cheap men. I am very successfully financially and tend to date men that are as well. And most men pay. And I do not sleep with any of them
Quote:
If a man offers to pay is his choice. If he asks me to pay it is mychoice to decline any furthe invitations. But to be fair...if a man does not make more money than i do I will probably won't date him. My days of worry about money are over.
Quote:
They are not worth seeing me at least. If other women enjoy paying for dates, well that is their choice.

But again in my world, something as petty as that is not concievable
Quote:
I do not feel entitled, I just do not enjoy pay for dates. And I get a lot of invitations, what can I do?

If men ask me out, they pay. I never ask them out so I do not pay.
Quote:
Sorry if I offended you. I have a date today with a man that always pay for my lunches. I will print this post and give it to him LOL poor thing
Carol, I'm not sure how you feel about the issue. Are you saying you do pay or do not pay for dates?

Old 04-22-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
HAHA...It's common knowledge that Carol's a smoking hottie. Too bad OP isn't. *SIGHS* Men are shallow bastards.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Are you one those women who gets sexually aroused by the "MASCULINE" act of pickiing up the tab? Subconscious gold digging tendencies exhibited here.
If I am marrying the man, I will pay 50/50 but men that are asking
me out NO i will not.

Because they are the ones doing the asking. I personally get a lot of dates (can not go to all of them due the University load and work)

And if a man bluntly tells me in the beginning of the date that even though he asked me I have to pay, I will not go, because I do not chase men and I do not initiate dates.

Those men can always take the choice not to call me. But for some reason they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships