Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,014 times

Advertisements

Women complain they can't find a decent man because they make incredibly poor decisions. They won't date the guy who would actually be a good fit because he's "not exciting". They'll reject guys for wearing ugly shoes, liking heavy metal or not giving one f about opera. Essentially, non-issues blown out of proportion. You can be talking to a girl who is 100% into you, say something she disagrees with, instantly she has zero interest. They want some dude who makes them feel good (which is fine) yet cannot differentiate feeling good and feeling lustful. They're far more interested in some ethereal concept of "chemistry", not actually getting to know someone.

I'm unsure if this is a more recent phenomenon, but from all the older women I've talked to (my mom, grandmother, aunts, etc.) it seems like they all seem to think younger girls are just idiots, more concerned with superficial attributes than anything important. To be perfectly honest, I think it has to do with women not embracing what they fundamentally want, and instead focusing on some twisted Hollywood fantasy, wondering why they're unhappy. Women can say whatever they want, how they want some sensitive dude, someone who listens to them, blah blah blah. Biologically they want a man, which means someone who can kill a bear with his hands and fix a car, someone not afraid to get dirty and who knows how to uppercut a mugger into oblivion. This biological need doesn't jive with the societally-imposed nonsense, that of the feminized male.

So, really, I blame men for all of this. Instead of rejecting all the bs and just being themselves, they've tried to fit into some idealized mould of "what women want". No one knows what women want, especially not women. But, people had been having sex and making babies for thousands of years just fine when men acted like men and didn't care what women wanted them to be. So many men have no idea how to just be confident and pursue their dreams and goals anymore, they're so focused on trying to please women. If men would start trying to please themselves first, things would be a lot better. They'd feel confident about themselves, and this would make women feel good about being with these men. Everyone wins.

Unfortunately, women have to be trained to understand this. If only a few men act properly, and the rest cater to their whim, these women will never ever break out of their routines and learn how to be happy. I literally do not succumb to pressure from a woman to do anything, but there are so many guys who will (50-50 lying to get laid or just immense *******) that it's almost a lost cause. Still, I'd rather be single and completely in control of my life rather than with someone girl who pushes me around and isn't happy anyway. Quite honestly, there are a lot of "decent men" who just don't want to put up with all the crap women require to date them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 10:04 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
i hate how people say we men have more power, more choosing power in the dating scene, **** that bull****!!!
This applies to about 10% of men and surprise, this just happens to be the same 10% that women crave. Life is cruel.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,857,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
There is some truth to that in that guys especially really attractive ones will sleep with and have a fling with allot of different women..

So average looking women will have flings with really hot guys and may have a inflated view of where they stand leagues wise..
Once a woman has tasted the really well ripened fruit, what she is like to get under normal and reasonable conditions is no longer good enough. This is the reason for more than 80% of relationship problems over the past 40 years.

Such women cannot treat the rest of the male fraternity with even the minimal amount of decency. They hate and are disgusted with such men.

In return, men think: "I've been busting my balls for years to try to be what they want and this is how I'm treated!" It's a sad situation.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Once a woman has tasted the really well ripened fruit, what she is like to get under normal and reasonable conditions is no longer good enough. This is the reason for more than 80% of relationship problems over the past 40 years.

Such women cannot treat the rest of the male fraternity with even the minimal amount of decency. They hate and are disgusted with such men.

In return, men think: "I've been busting my balls for years to try to be what they want and this is how I'm treated!" It's a sad situation.
Its cliche but partly true that women go for the same small amount of guys..

My friend was the so called "leader" of our social circle and ran through every women in our social circle and married the last one he hooked up with..

Each one including the one he marrid realized he was a player and not faithful but the prize and winning him away from the other women was more important..

I know men get **** for trophy wives but your average women seem to operate and hunt for trophies or to get Man other women want more then Men do..

Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM

591 posts, read 866,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
No one HAS to take the best available. You always have the option of staying single.

From a woman's perspective, there is greater risk to taking the best available. The more often she does this, the more likely she'll be seen as promiscuous whereas a man can change girlfriends every year and no one will think less of him. The risks go up if she's looking for someone to have children with. If the relationship doesn't work out, who do you think is going to be spending more time helping with homework, cooking, cleaning, going to PTA meetings, etc.? More often than not, it's the mother.

It's mainly women who judge women as promiscuous, just as it's mainly women who worry about what other people will say about the man she dates. A slu.t is a slu.t no matter what sex the person is, and having frequent sex is not necessarily sluttish, it all depends on the situation.

Personally (and I've had oodles of gfs and been married) I never cared what one single person thought of the women I dated. In fact, I never gave one thought to what others thought, or even asked what they thought. It's my life, why should anyone else's opinion matter at all? Why would I care what they thought?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Because women play too many mind games and seems to make things more complicated. I know. A lot of women seems to want things their way. They want to be spoiled, basically.

I recently had to end my relationship because she was playing too many stupid mind games.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
You'll be shocked at what some women consider a DECENT guy.

True story, a friend my age just broke up with her BF. Now this BF was in his 30s and she is around my age (23-24). He has 3 kids, 3 different mamas. Broke. Always gets fired from jobs or quits after a short time. Used her money a lot. And lies a lot. Ain't exactly the nicest guy on the Earth. She hung onto him for 4 years until he dumped her. The girl looks alright but the fact that she considered a total loser a long-term BF would discourage me.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 07-31-2011 at 12:41 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 01:36 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,880 times
Edit; I seemed to tell this as fact, but it's just my theory.

Women judge men on social parameters, which pretty much directly means they choose those who they presume get chosen a lot, meaning they indirectly look to be played.

The general idea of our instincts is as a woman that you get under the protection of the pack-leader, the alpha-male who will then have her along with the other women. Men who are dissatisfied with their beta-status are then to beat the alpha to death in order to ascend to alphas until they are over-powered by someone else.
2 things have changed, for starters it is not the strong specimen of men that become pack-leaders anymore, but rather the verbally witty ones who have direct or indirect knowledge of how to project a certain image of themselves to others.
The second thing is that it's not acceptable for me to for example beat a super-models boyfriend to death in order to mate with her...

Men on the otherhand keep looking for the features that separate women from men, breasts, body, etc, which is also key features for getting healthy children and so we stick to what we're intended to do.

So the rules have changed, but our instincts haven't, and since we are standing still in an evolutionary standpoint(every town idiot gets a child somehow sooner or later) these instincts are not gonna change anytime soon either.

What will seem to be a pack-leader now can be any bum who's social enough, thus the case above with the chick who hung out with the loser for 4 years.

Last edited by SwedishViking; 07-31-2011 at 01:48 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 03:17 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Well this thread is full of misconceptions. Men really don't know women at all.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM

405 posts, read 1,281,147 times
Do you mean AMerican women cannot find a decent man? Well, probably because they have too high of expectations and never can be happy with what they are given. American women love to indulge, be pampered and life a lavish lifestyle. They like to feel like they are on top of the world. Egocentric and self-absorbed is the way to put it.

Your average Joe just isn't like the soap opera guy or the trash romance novel guy.

I think foreign women are more appreciative of a loving and caring relationship and generally have viable complaints about some of the behavior of their adulterous or self-righteous men. Latin American and African women, for example, generally have to raise the children alone, while the man is out partying with friends or other girls.

America is mostly a feminist culture versus other countries that are a Macho culture. In Macho cultures, women complain less and put up with more. In Feminist cultures women complain more and tolerate very little. Some view this as freedom, but I think it is the opposite end of the pendulum that will swing back to destroy our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships