Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 01:15 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
You spend an awful amount of time on this website
I still have lot of time.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:37 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,364,433 times
I had a past flame who was SMOKING. I have to admit that I started talking to her for all the wrong reasons (booty call) but as time went on and I learned more about her it became clear she was gf material, and nice to boot!

Now, because of her figure, she would get hit on by guys who were really idiots or a-holes. Heck even a few approached when we were together, assuming that I couldn't possibly land her or that I was "just a friend!"

She's had to shoot down guys a lot, the reason being that she attracts guys where it's plainly obvious that they're just after her for one reason, so she shoots them down, and "normal" guys really did shy away from her.

In retrospect I have no idea how she let me in >.> ... maybe it was because we shared a lot of common interests.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I had a past flame who was SMOKING. I have to admit that I started talking to her for all the wrong reasons (booty call) but as time went on and I learned more about her it became clear she was gf material, and nice to boot!

Now, because of her figure, she would get hit on by guys who were really idiots or a-holes. Heck even a few approached when we were together, assuming that I couldn't possibly land her or that I was "just a friend!"

She's had to shoot down guys a lot, the reason being that she attracts guys where it's plainly obvious that they're just after her for one reason, so she shoots them down, and "normal" guys really did shy away from her.

In retrospect I have no idea how she let me in >.> ... maybe it was because we shared a lot of common interests.
So how is she determining that these guys only want her for one reason?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
So how is she determining that these guys only want her for one reason?
Its pretty evident what a guy wants. You would be surprised how many guys use lines. The hard ones are the ones that don't use lines but you get the vibe. That all they want is sex.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Its pretty evident what a guy wants. You would be surprised how many guys use lines. The hard ones are the ones that don't use lines but you get the vibe. That all they want is sex.
'evident'. What kind of evident? Guys can also check out girls from head to toe, that doesn't mean he is looking for a booty call.

What kind of lines?

Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
'evident'. What kind of evident? Guys can also check out girls from head to toe, that doesn't mean he is looking for a booty call.

What kind of lines?
Lines: You are smoking hot. Lets go back to my bedroom, etc.

Evident the way a guy dresses and carries himself. Also if he is older than you by more than five years. It would really help women if they learn these things, but alas they learn the wrong things too late.

Sad that a woman spends her best years with scum and then maybe give the good/decent guy a chance. Its true though not too many will admit to it. A change in society would be needed and people don't want it so it won't happen.

Btw most women that label guys creepy or the sort. Are doing it to guys they dislike. Appearance wise. We-men-are suppose to be the superficial sex but reality is different.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Lines: You are smoking hot. Lets go back to my bedroom, etc.

Evident the way a guy dresses and carries himself. Also if he is older than you by more than five years. It would really help women if they learn these things, but alas they learn the wrong things too late.

Sad that a woman spends her best years with scum and then maybe give the good/decent guy a chance. Its true though not too many will admit to it. A change in society would be needed and people don't want it so it won't happen.

Btw most women that label guys creepy or the sort. Are doing it to guys they dislike. Appearance wise. We-men-are suppose to be the superficial sex but reality is different.
What about the other guys who don't use lines? How does he dress and carries himself? What does this have to do with him asking the girl out for a relationship?

Old 06-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
What about the other guys who don't use lines? How does he dress and carries himself? What does this have to do with him asking the girl out for a relationship?
A lot of times, guys that take the initiative are looking for sex. Especially when its the first time you met. The good/decent guys are the ones that ask later or the sort. Basically its not the first thing they will talk to you when they do.

And for dressing, imagine a preppy but with Hawaiian T-shirts.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
A lot of times, guys that take the initiative are looking for sex. Especially when its the first time you met. The good/decent guys are the ones that ask later or the sort. Basically its not the first thing they will talk to you when they do.

And for dressing, imagine a preppy but with Hawaiian T-shirts.
So whats wrong with a guy who dresses nice? Keeps up in shape? This does not mean he is looking for sex. Women may think he gets lots of girls though.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I am not sure I understand your perspective even though it is quite common among many women who claim to be heterosexual. The last time I checked, women also have a Ninth Amendment, and even won the right to vote, last millennium.

Why is it, that many women seem heterophobic by not even considering going up to guys and simply asking them if they want another (girl) friend with benefits, knowing that a guy can never have too many (girl) friends with benefits; and knowing that most guys don't mind women being that heterosexual with us?

In my opinion, no women have any legitimate right to complain that there are no nice guys to have relationships with if they are not willing to be that equal with some initiative in relating and relationships. Besides, every gender study I have read claims that women have sufficient people skills and relationships skills, to accomplish something that social with our gender.
I can only speak for myself, but I am married. I asked out my husband and asked out men in the past. I am completely comfortable with doing that. I am just saying I never have been one to get hit on by men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships