Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 03:04 PM

6,766 posts, read 4,468,731 times

Advertisements

Just tell a woman what she wants to hear, thats all she wants. The rest will work itself out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,508,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Just tell a woman what she wants to hear, thats all she wants. The rest will work itself out.
Exactly. Dating is just a game. That's why if someone is good at dating, people call him a player.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,791,783 times
And here I was thinking dating was about meeting people and figuring out if you have a real connection that may lead to a long term relationship.

If dating is just a game then those people who play it are not worth a dime.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:21 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,477,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Exactly. Dating is just a game. That's why if someone is good at dating, people call him a player.
Wrong. People would call you an a hole.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Dating is like a sport. Some people are good at it, some aren't. You can practice, but that can only get you so far if you're not naturally talented.

And people aren't the same person in the game as they are in real life. An athlete might be a fighter in the game, but nice in real life.

Same thing for dating. Not everyone shows their true colors when they date. But that's because they want to succeed at the game.

Or maybe a better example is the people that are incompetent at their job but sweet talk their way up the ladder. TVSG is essentially trying to sweet talk the women. And I don't see anything wrong with that. He's just trying to succeed at the game.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,188,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And here I was thinking dating was about meeting people and figuring out if you have a real connection that may lead to a long term relationship.

If dating is just a game then those people who play it are not worth a dime.
Funny thing that you and I agree -- again.
Players are just that, they play and go home alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Wrong. People would call you an a hole.
Exactly.
Quote:
Dating is like a sport. Some people are good at it, some aren't. You can practice, but that can only get you so far if you're not naturally talented.

And people aren't the same person in the game as they are in real life. An athlete might be a fighter in the game, but nice in real life.

Same thing for dating. Not everyone shows their true colors when they date. But that's because they want to succeed at the game.

Or maybe a better example is the people that are incompetent at their job but sweet talk their way up the ladder. TVSG is essentially trying to sweet talk the women. And I don't see anything wrong with that. He's just trying to succeed at the game.
Maybe, instead of trying to succeed at the GAME, they should try to success at LIFE. Big difference. Players stay alone. If that's what he - and you - want, then keep playing at dating as a game, not as a chance to grow to love someone or be loved. Stay single and keep the gene pool from needing to be flushed.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM

If women wouldn't be interested in the true you for whatever reason, but you want a relationship, you either need to find the rare woman that would be interested in you or play the game and tell them what they want to hear.

And both genders do that. Men tell women what they want to hear. But women tell men what they want to hear.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,791,783 times
Quote:
If women wouldn't be interested in the true you for whatever reason, but you want a relationship, you either need to find the rare woman that would be interested in you or play the game and tell them what they want to hear.

And both genders do that. Men tell women what they want to hear. But women tell men what they want to hear.
And of course you would know all of these things through your vast experience of dating and life in general

Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And of course you would know all of these things through your vast experience of dating and life in general
Actually, I was describing what it's like when you're not successful at dating.

And I definitely fall under the category of "not successful at dating"

Just because I've never been on a date doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Women aren't interested in the true me (or the true TVSG for that matter, to make this relevant to the thread). I might be able to find a woman that's interested in me, but the chances are rare.

So that puts people like me and TVSG in a position where we need to make a decision:

1. Do we accept the fact we're going to stay single and learn to be content with being single? That's the path I chose.
2. Or do we try to get a relationship? Of course, that would mean putting on an act and telling women what they want to hear. But unless we find the rare woman that would be interested in us, our only choice is to put on an act. It appears this is the path TVSG chose.

As for women telling men what they want to hear...

It's pretty obvious just by reading this forum and noticing what goes on with other people in real life

Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,188,853 times
I think what's obvious is that there's a group of people for whom truth is something that other people tell. I think it's obvious that SOME people don't want to learn or change but would rather pretend to be what they are not - and what they don't like. It's easier to be someone you don't like than to work at changing one's self. Easier but not leading to happiness or contentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships