Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 11:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,487,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If I remember correctly, he was never overly interested in her in the first place (he said she's play material, not dating material).
I mean, seriously, play material, dating material..that sounds like a piece of meat and not a person. Then you wonder why you can't get dates, start treating women like people instead of play or dating material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,494,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I mean, seriously, play material, dating material..that sounds like a piece of meat and not a person. Then you wonder why you can't get dates, start treating women like people instead of play or dating material.
Are you talking to me or TVSG?

You quoted my post, but it was TVSG that used the terms "play material" and "dating material"

I was just repeating what he said

Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Are you talking to me or TVSG?

You quoted my post, but it was TVSG that used the terms "play material" and "dating material"

I was just repeating what he said
No, I was responding to TVSG. I think it's just wrong to label people as play or dating material.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,167,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
No, I was responding to TVSG. I think it's just wrong to label people as play or dating material.

Well when you are not compatible that's what happens.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well when you are not compatible that's what happens.
Really, let's be real here, TVSG, you're not compatible with ANYONE. Play, date, fun, marriage material..you'll never get anything other then the Craigslist dating fun dates until you can change yourself and start treating people like they should be treated.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:41 PM

819 posts, read 1,596,984 times
TVSG, why don't you get a dog, cat or goat? You would probably have a great time with any of them. They will never ask you a question, etc.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,145,011 times
Quote:
I think I may cancel because I only go on dates with someone who is DATING MATERIAL. After talking to her last night hearing that she goes out to bars 3am in the morning and goes to sex shops, i just don't think she is worth the energy to go and meet unless she was coming to my apt. It would be pointlesss for me to treat her to lunch.
3am? I need to head out to your neck of the woods! Where I live, last call has to be by 1:45, and the ABC requires that the bars close down by 2am, even if nothing's being served after that.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
3am? I need to head out to your neck of the woods! Where I live, last call has to be by 1:45, and the ABC requires that the bars close down by 2am, even if nothing's being served after that.
Well she said they were out walking in a strange neighborhood at 3am because they were lost. They had already went to the bar. I was able to get her to admit that she doesn't watch the local news in philly because if she did, it's no way in hell she would be outside in this crazy city trying to get a cab at 3am

Old 06-12-2011, 11:45 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,867,477 times
Quote:
Well she said they were out walking in a strange neighborhood at 3am because they were lost. They had already went to the bar. I was able to get her to admit that she doesn't watch the local news in philly because if she did, it's no way in hell she would be outside in this crazy city trying to get a cab at 3am
Amazing how the story takes on subtle nuances once you're actually asked for details. I'm betting that, while idly chatting on the 'phone she related an anecdote about how she and a friend once got lost one night after walking away from a bar. Hello, Grasshopper, most of us have THOSE kind of silly stories to relate. Same thing with her going to a sex shop. Another anecdotal share.

You were, "able to get her to admit that she doesn't watch the local news in philly"? Wow, what incredible sleuthing. Not all of us watch local or mainstream national news. Some of us can actually READ and absorb different viewpoints from different print and online venues.

Good grief, you just have no clue. You have little to no sense of humor, successful and attractive women your own age would find little in you very inspirational where dating material is concerned, young hotties will give you the time of day if you spend money on them (which you won't) and the only dates you ever get are through Craigslist - and what do you expect from that?

Give it up, Grasshopper. Buy the blow-up doll or one of the new robotics which you can program to ooh and aah and dance on your back to your little heart's content.

I don't agree with your getting a dog, a cat or a goat as companions, as one poster suggested. A dog would likely pee on your leg, a cat would latch its claws into your back as you tried to teach it to walk thereon and a goat would eat everything in sight from your Froot Loops to your unwashed boxers, plus they tend to be a bit smelly.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Amazing how the story takes on subtle nuances once you're actually asked for details. I'm betting that, while idly chatting on the 'phone she related an anecdote about how she and a friend once got lost one night after walking away from a bar. Hello, Grasshopper, most of us have THOSE kind of silly stories to relate. Same thing with her going to a sex shop. Another anecdotal share.

You were, "able to get her to admit that she doesn't watch the local news in philly"? Wow, what incredible sleuthing. Not all of us watch local or mainstream national news. Some of us can actually READ and absorb different viewpoints from different print and online venues.

Good grief, you just have no clue. You have little to no sense of humor, successful and attractive women your own age would find little in you very inspirational where dating material is concerned, young hotties will give you the time of day if you spend money on them (which you won't) and the only dates you ever get are through Craigslist - and what do you expect from that?

Give it up, Grasshopper. Buy the blow-up doll or one of the new robotics which you can program to ooh and aah and dance on your back to your little heart's content.

I don't agree with your getting a dog, a cat or a goat as companions, as one poster suggested. A dog would likely pee on your leg, a cat would latch its claws into your back as you tried to teach it to walk thereon and a goat would eat everything in sight from your Froot Loops to your unwashed boxers, plus they tend to be a bit smelly.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if I stated I went to sex shops first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships