Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The women said she asked a guy what his summer plans were because she didn't know what else to say. And I said normally women ask questions with a purpose so the guy probably said all of those things to impress her. How would a guy know a womenis just making conversation if she askes-"what are your summer plans"
Boy are you dense?!?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Yanno, maybe that guy really WAS trying to do all those things. Good grief, I'd have asked about the cruise - where to, how long, which line, who with, why that cruise - THAT is called conversation. It's also a way to find out if he's giving you BS or if he really has plans to do all that. We just recently planned a southern Caribbean cruise - it's on hold right now because we daleyed in confirming because of a family issue. So now we are waiting for another sale or upgrade (we are even frugal with our vacations). It'll probably happen, but our plans are not set in stone. If it doesn't work out for Sept, we'll possibly head to a southern US beach or even take a drive and go see our house. As far as riding his scooter, why can't he do that most of the summer and spend time at a beach and take a cruise and, ok, Europe is a bit pushing it - but ask him details and maybe he's just exploring those options. OR, maybe he was just playing a TVboy and making it all up.

Say scooter to a boy who claims to ride his "Harley" and you'll know in an instant whether he has one. I have 2 girlfriends who ride and they get all bent out of shape when I call it their scooters - hehe. Yeah, I'm an instigator.

Hey, Sol. Look out the window. Didja know it's great weather for a stroll along the water - betcha there's something going on - duck boats back in operation yet?

Old 06-09-2011, 01:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Silly boy. If you're referring to the ancient Songs of Solomon I suggest you read them as they might prove quite a surprise to you where his sexual preferences were apparently concerned.

And, "The Books of Ecclesiastes, Proverbs, Solomon's Song and some of the Psalms have traditionally been attributed to King Solomon. However, modern scholars dismiss Solomon as the author of any of these, on linguistic, content and historical grounds. For example, they say that Ecclesiastes was actualy written in the second century BCE, many centuries after the time of Solomon. King Solomon did not really write any book that is part of the Old Testament."

Sounds like your namesake was a bit of a wanker, all in all, so let's amend my post to read, "The World According to TVSG".

As usual, the cryptic one-liner surfaces. You really do have a problem with anything over and above one paragraph. Maybe someone on here can assist you with that problem as it must be quite a day to day detriment and could be something easily fixed with some remedial intervention. Good luck!

Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Yanno, maybe that guy really WAS trying to do all those things. Good grief, I'd have asked about the cruise - where to, how long, which line, who with, why that cruise - THAT is called conversation. It's also a way to find out if he's giving you BS or if he really has plans to do all that. We just recently planned a southern Caribbean cruise - it's on hold right now because we daleyed in confirming because of a family issue. So now we are waiting for another sale or upgrade (we are even frugal with our vacations). It'll probably happen, but our plans are not set in stone. If it doesn't work out for Sept, we'll possibly head to a southern US beach or even take a drive and go see our house. As far as riding his scooter, why can't he do that most of the summer and spend time at a beach and take a cruise and, ok, Europe is a bit pushing it - but ask him details and maybe he's just exploring those options. OR, maybe he was just playing a TVboy and making it all up.

Say scooter to a boy who claims to ride his "Harley" and you'll know in an instant whether he has one. I have 2 girlfriends who ride and they get all bent out of shape when I call it their scooters - hehe. Yeah, I'm an instigator.

Hey, Sol. Look out the window. Didja know it's great weather for a stroll along the water - betcha there's something going on - duck boats back in operation yet?

I can't speak of my summer plans because I don' know if I will be working

Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Good grief.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Good grief.

New Chapter added to the book of Solomon-First Date Rules for Women

1. No seakers unless you are on the beach

2. Not too revealing unless you on the beach

3. No discussion about Family or Jobs

4. No checking text messages

5. If you wear sandals you feet must look nice

Old 06-09-2011, 02:15 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

I asked about the Harley thing since I care about bikes a bit (I believe he has one), but he looked shifty when I asked about the rest so I don't know if the rest of it was true. Perhaps the jazz thing is true, doesn't take any efforts to do that. He didn't even know which city in Europe he's planning to go, so, uh..

Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
No matter what female I talk to from what dating serice, they all seem to be interested in what is a typical weekend for me. Why do I feel like I always have to give out this make believe weekend just to satisfy someone into thinking every single weekend of my life is very exciting. Who exactly has an exciting weekend every weekend whether you are 20. 30, 40? Why can't we be REAL when getting to know someone? We are always trying to make the other person think that we are exciting and have theze exciting lives.

I think this has always been my main problem with the getting to know process
When you're using a service, it's an interview and people treat it as such.

Nobody wants to be stuck with a sad-sack.

If you don't do anything on the weekends... just say so.

See how that works for you.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
New Chapter added to the book of Solomon-First Date Rules for Women

1. No seakers unless you are on the beach

2. Not too revealing unless you on the beach

3. No discussion about Family or Jobs

4. No checking text messages

5. If you wear sandals you feet must look nice
Wow! I guess you must be referencing the "World According to TVSG" or "The World According to Solomon" since you've conveniently ignored the biblical references of your namesake (which you brought up).

1. No seakers ... on the beach? Oy vey, so much translation needed here. Seekers or sneakers? If seekers, seekers of what? If sneakers, why not?

2. What revealing what?

3. So what you're saying is that a date isn't allowed to ask you about your family or what you do for a living, period? Why not?

4. Well of course that's pretty rude in most people's social parameters.

5. Obviously this is a very important thing for you. Why?

Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When you're using a service, it's an interview and people treat it as such.

Nobody wants to be stuck with a sad-sack.

If you don't do anything on the weekends... just say so.

See how that works for you.

This weekend I'm going in the air conditioner NAKED

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships