Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 02:00 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,455,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Another thing to take under consideration when doing comparisons is cultural diversity and SES. The US, unlike Russia proper, is not homogenous so comparisons are difficult. ~25% of US white women are obese and ~38% of US black women are obese. The disparity is striking. Overweight trends, tho, are significantly higher. I don't know how it goes globally, but ~60% of white women are overweight and 80% for black women (BMI>25). Source. I believe that's largely due to our fast food nation. People should not eat that crap. OTOH, it's cheaper to eat crap, which is sad.

Well, at least we have you to be proud of.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,275,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am not the OP.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I believe that cultures differ at the group level from country to country, and you don't. I also have no idea what you are talking about.
Most of your posts make no sense to me either.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM

10,189 posts, read 20,857,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Americans are fat, unattractive, materialistic, vapid, emotionally insecure, superficial, materialistic, and vain.*
American women are a product of the culture in which they were raised and live, so are American men. To American men we can add macho insecurities, militaristic.
Of course, there are American women that can be much different, but their numbers (by percentage) are less than European women. Fortunately, most European women are not religious.
Without placing blame on women, America is a bourgeoisie, capitalistic society. A capitalist society values the Golden Calf above all. Superficiality should be expected in such a society.

*Most Americans.
For every sloppy American there's a steaming pile of Eurotrash. For every tasteless American who wears his pants down below his ass, there's a guy from Europe sporting a way too small Speedo at the beach. For every materialistic American woman, there is a mail order Russian bride.

So American men are the epitome of macho insecurity? That's a first, usually that sort of stereotype is reserved for Latin and Italian men.

Most European women aren't religious? There's another first. Ever hear of the Vatican?

FWIW, I really don't have a preference either way. I judge women on a case by case basis regardless of where they are from.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,691,068 times
Lightbulb Annnd...The First Salvo Is Fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
For every sloppy American there's a steaming pile of Eurotrash. For every tasteless American who wears his pants down below his ass, there's a guy from Europe sporting a way too small Speedo at the beach. For every materialistic American woman, there is a mail order Russian bride.

So American men are the epitome of macho insecurity? That's a first, usually that sort of stereotype is reserved for Latin and Italian men.

Most European women aren't religious? There's another first. Ever hear of the Vatican?

FWIW, I really don't have a preference either way. I judge women on a case by case basis regardless of where they are from.
LOL...Cool, I tried to warn him upthread about what was coming...I get the feeling the next few pages are gonna get reeeeal interesting

Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,275,462 times
Quote:
That's my whole point, too. It's really the only way to do things, in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:05 PM

10,189 posts, read 20,857,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...Cool, I tried to warn him upthread about what was coming...I get the feeling the next few pages are gonna get reeeeal interesting
You know Captain, I try not to get sucked into these "this vs. that" type discussions, but I was just bored enough to add my .03 cents today. The problem with these discussions is that everyone holds their ground and no one is ever convinced of an opposite point of view. Or in this case, an extreme point of view. Which inevitably leads to mud-slinging and hurt feelings. One thing is for certain, threads like this are not for the thin-skinned, you need some thick armor for this stuff.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,232,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Since you are from Chicago, do you classify yourself as all of the unflattering adjectives you have heaped on Americans? If you are not American, do you reside in America at the present time? It is odd to me that many people who enjoy the rights and freedoms of Americans always put this country down. Leave if you don't like it. Go live somewhere where you have to watch what you say, do without basics essentials, and no one wants you there. Then, let's see if your appreciation for America changes. Also, you do not know all Americans, and therefore cannot possible know what we are all like.
Yes, I'm from Chicago. I served 3 years of my life to the US Army, long ago. For 18 years I lived in Germany (non-military). Shopping was about the same as in America, my apartment had all the usual equipment. In Germany I could say what I wanted without being sent to jail. I could travel freely within Western Europe, only visa required. It's easy to get. I had friends in Germany, and I keep the contacts.
I am also a (here it comes!) atheist! Not good in America!
I don't believe in the superiority of any people based on their citizenship.
Yes, Americans are fat, some are obese. Sure, there are some that don't hang a belly to the knees. Some Americans are also educated and provide for interesting conversation. Some Americans have been to Europe. Some Americans are not loud-mouth flag waving idiots.
I've had relationships with American and European women.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:

Coolhand68,

If you are going to characterize that the US and Western Europe are even remotely similar in their practice of religion, then this discussion has reached levels of absurdity that are remarkable even here. The geographic location of the Vatican has as much relevance to the issue as does a toy factory in China.

USATODAY.com - Religion takes a back seat in Western Europe

Old 06-23-2011, 04:17 PM

48,715 posts, read 35,244,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I prefer not to take dating advise from Stormfront.

OR The Onion.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 PM

Not that this example could possibly end the myth that bananas grow just as well as in North Dakota as they do in Costa Rica, but one can catch fish anywhere.

Why bother to go Alaska when water is everywhere?

Another option for lonely boys is a locked door where they can put their pole to work.

Yes, this thread started out with someone looking to roil the waters having virtually no experience to make any sound judgment. This was followed up by others who got a sense of European girls by Internet who know nothing. To follow, was the usual attack on any remotely attractive girl in Europe probably being a hooker, or a con artist looking for a green card all the while decrying misogyny. Then defensive American women start trying the usual we are the world, every woman is unique, but mysteriously, exactly the same.

People in different countries differ, sometime a lot and sometimes a little. If you like tall blonds who might share your love of herring then, yes, lightning might strike in Guatemala. Ok, you got me.

This thread is nothing but a wreck of exaggeration on one side, and completely underplayed on the other, a CD master piece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships