Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 PM

20,739 posts, read 19,460,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I completely disagree. I think that most Americans have many complaints about our country. However, I don't think that "our women are fat, unattractive, materialistic, and vapid" is one of them. I have many issues with our country - just not "all the women here suck!" It's a huge country with amazing diversity. To characterize all women as "bad" is just ridiculous. There are many things that I hope change about our country - but getting rid of all of the women isn't one of them.
I haven't the slightest idea what any of this means, or how it apples to anything I have said. I never even thought of getting rid of any women.

As far as this huge diversity, there is a sour cherry tree in the neighborhood. Its on the public side of the sidewalk. No one picks it. My Russian friends told me about it because they notice such things. They said it would certainly be picked over in the home country. They shrugged their shoulders and said, its the culture. Were they wrong?

When I was picking off a viburnum, a guy in a Romanian accent asked me if I intended to make wine. Americans typically say "those aren't poisonous?" A local guy running for city government asked me if I were Polish cause I was growing pole beans. I am the only one on the sidewalk in the winter. Most Americans have never seen a folding bike. Its a car culture, a fast food culture, a safety culture that has one wear life jackets in knee high water. Its a litigious culture.Its a non poetic culture which is why the bible belt takes apocalyptic images in the Bible literally. We are a working culture that supports a military one. We are always at war. And lastly, applicable to this thread, Its a gender equal instead of a gender equity culture. In the words of George Carlin, let me say that I do appreciate the freedoms we used to have.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,280,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I haven't the slightest idea what any of this means, or how it apples to anything I have said. I never even thought of getting rid of any women.

As far as this huge diversity, there is a sour cherry tree in the neighborhood. Its on the public side of the sidewalk. No one picks it. My Russian friends told me about it because they notice such things. They said it would certainly be picked over in the home country. They shrugged their shoulders and said, its the culture. Were they wrong?

When I was picking off a viburnum, a guy in a Romanian accent asked me if I intended to make wine. Americans typically say "those aren't poisonous?" A local guy running for city government asked me if I were Polish cause I was growing pole beans. I am the only one on the sidewalk in the winter. Most Americans have never seen a folding bike. Its a car culture, a fast food culture, a safety culture that has one wear life jackets in knee high water. Its a litigious culture.Its a non poetic culture which is why the bible belt takes apocalyptic images in the Bible literally. We are a working culture that supports a military one. We are always at war. And lastly, applicable to this thread, Its a gender equal instead of a gender equity culture. In the words of George Carlin, let me say that I do appreciate the freedoms we used to have.
You said that other people don't see their country as perfect - but we do. I was merely pointing out that we do not think our country is perfect. This thread is about American women basically sucking and European women being perfection. My point is that although most of us don't think our country is perfect - we don't think that all the women here are the horrible creatures that the OP is making us out to be.

And let me just say that you can't generalize the entire United States in one way. Yes - perhaps many people here live on fast food. Personally, I don't touch the stuff. One of the great things about living in New York is all the amazing restaurants. Yes - we have the Bible belt where people take things literally - but that is only one section of the country. You can't characterize a whole nation based on one group of people. In fact - much of the country is in exact opposition to those in the Bible belt. You want culture? Go to New York. Broadway is alive and well. We have amazing museums. We have poetry readings, folk singers, etc. Go to San Francisco. Go to Seattle. This country is too large and too diverse to say that we are all the same.

I've been to many countries and I have loved them all. I love all the old buildings throughout Europe. It feels like I've stepped in a time machine! I love the delicate beauty of Japan. Walking through the gardens is like walking through my own little heaven. I love the ruggedness of Brazil. We stayed on this island that barely had electricity. It was gorgeous and so simple. I loved seeing the vastness of the Great Wall in China. It was incredible. I loved the beautiful rolling green hills and picturesque coastlines of New Zealand. Everyone was so nice and friendly down there! And as far as people go - I think there are beautiful people everywhere. I think they are friendly people everywhere. I think there are kind people everywhere. I lived in NYC for 12 years - and I know we have a reputation for being rude - but honestly - if you are ever lost in Manhattan - you will ALWAYS be able to find someone who will help you. And usually, you won't even have to ask.

Basically, I think people see what they want to see. The OP is unhappy with American women. He sees European women as being some superior species. I find that ridiculous. I think the first step to finding out why you are unhappy is to look at yourself and see what's wrong there before blaming, oh I don't know, an entire nation of women.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,788,713 times
Quote:
You said that other people don't see their country as perfect - but we do. I was merely pointing out that we do not think our country is perfect. This thread is about American women basically sucking and European women being perfection. My point is that although most of us don't think our country is perfect - we don't think that all the women here are the horrible creatures that the OP is making us out to be.

And let me just say that you can't generalize the entire United States in one way. Yes - perhaps many people here live on fast food. Personally, I don't touch the stuff. One of the great things about living in New York is all the amazing restaurants. Yes - we have the Bible belt where people take things literally - but that is only one section of the country. You can't characterize a whole nation based on one group of people. In fact - much of the country is in exact opposition to those in the Bible belt. You want culture? Go to New York. Broadway is alive and well. We have amazing museums. We have poetry readings, folk singers, etc. Go to San Francisco. Go to Seattle. This country is too large and too diverse to say that we are all the same.

I've been to many countries and I have loved them all. I love all the old buildings throughout Europe. It feels like I've stepped in a time machine! I love the delicate beauty of Japan. Walking through the gardens is like walking through my own little heaven. I love the ruggedness of Brazil. We stayed on this island that barely had electricity. It was gorgeous and so simple. I loved seeing the vastness of the Great Wall in China. It was incredible. I loved the beautiful rolling green hills and picturesque coastlines of New Zealand. Everyone was so nice and friendly down there! And as far as people go - I think there are beautiful people everywhere. I think they are friendly people everywhere. I think there are kind people everywhere. I lived in NYC for 12 years - and I know we have a reputation for being rude - but honestly - if you are ever lost in Manhattan - you will ALWAYS be able to find someone who will help you. And usually, you won't even have to ask.

Basically, I think people see what they want to see. The OP is unhappy with American women. He sees European women as being some superior species. I find that ridiculous. I think the first step to finding out why you are unhappy is to look at yourself and see what's wrong there before blaming, oh I don't know, an entire nation of women.
I can't rep you again sorry, but this is an awesome post.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,322,566 times
Quote:
Basically, I think people see what they want to see.

That about sums it up beautifully.

/thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:09 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,293,087 times
Let's flip the coin for a momement and realize that for every thought and action there is an equal and often opposite thought and reaction....Sounds like American men aren't exactly welcome with open arms by European women either if you want to talk in generalities.

European Men Are So Much More Romantic Than American Men

European Men Are So Much More Romantic Than American Men vs. American Women Studying In Europe Are Unbelievably Easy | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Videos on how European women feel about American Men
How do european women feel about american men? - Bing Videos#

European Woman How do they really feel about American Men
American Women-European Men/American Men-European Women - Stormfront

How Asian Women feel about American Men
Mangan's: Asian men, American women, and living abroad (http://mangans.blogspot.com/2008/02/asian-men-american-women-and-living.html - broken link)

How do African American Women think about White European Men.
What do African American ladies think of white European men? Would you date a European? - GirlsAskGuys.com

There's more so much more.....

Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,234,563 times
Americans are fat, unattractive, materialistic, vapid, emotionally insecure, superficial, materialistic, and vain.*
American women are a product of the culture in which they were raised and live, so are American men. To American men we can add macho insecurities, militaristic.
Of course, there are American women that can be much different, but their numbers (by percentage) are less than European women. Fortunately, most European women are not religious.
Without placing blame on women, America is a bourgeoisie, capitalistic society. A capitalist society values the Golden Calf above all. Superficiality should be expected in such a society.

*Most Americans.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,215,496 times
To the Original Poster: at 26, you know nothing.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:

I am not the OP.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I believe that cultures differ at the group level from country to country, and you don't. I also have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:44 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,569,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Let's flip the coin for a momement and realize that for every thought and action there is an equal and often opposite thought and reaction....Sounds like American men aren't exactly welcome with open arms by European women either if you want to talk in generalities.

European Men Are So Much More Romantic Than American Men

European Men Are So Much More Romantic Than American Men vs. American Women Studying In Europe Are Unbelievably Easy | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Videos on how European women feel about American Men
How do european women feel about american men? - Bing Videos#

European Woman How do they really feel about American Men
American Women-European Men/American Men-European Women - Stormfront

How Asian Women feel about American Men
Mangan's: Asian men, American women, and living abroad (http://mangans.blogspot.com/2008/02/asian-men-american-women-and-living.html - broken link)

How do African American Women think about White European Men.
What do African American ladies think of white European men? Would you date a European? - GirlsAskGuys.com

There's more so much more.....
I prefer not to take dating advise from Stormfront.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I prefer not to take dating advise from Stormfront.
The Stormfront link is not the half of it. The first link is from the Onion.

Another link says:

That could be taken as the complaints of an Asian man who can't score with American women, and there's undoubtedly some truth in that, but it rings true to me. I've lived abroad myself, and after reading through quite a bit of Mr. Wu's oeuvre, he's reinforced for me the idea that America is a sexual/cultural desert.
LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships